PDA

View Full Version : Portable GameCube Advance A Reality ?

wraggster
May 6th, 2007, 20:12
via gizmodo (http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/some-prayers-are-answered%3F/portable-gamecube-advance-258067.php)

http://gcemu.dcemu.co.uk/pga.JPG

At first glance, we thought the Portable GameCube Advance was the product of console miniaturizer Benjamin Heckendorn, who has shrunk some of our favorites into nearly portable packages.

But the Portable GameCube Advance is really the work of a random email tipster...surely not just a Photoshop rendition...but an entirely ready-to-go product complete with external OLED display and MP3 playback that will be in stores any day now.

http://gcemu.dcemu.co.uk/pga2.JPG

In the case that this surely real product isn't real, look for Chinese OEM rip offs at a website near you.

JKKDARK
May 6th, 2007, 20:41
yeah, I saw this one long time ago. I would like to get one of these handhelds! :)

Hawq
May 6th, 2007, 20:42
Isnt this the same fake that appeared last year or so? looks like it

Anger
May 6th, 2007, 21:16
yeah the first picture is from that same fake from before but not the second pic - it is new-ish. obviously still rendered so i still say fake.
i might add that oled tech is quite frankly shite - well even if it does materialise i doubt ill be buying it. my mp3 player has oleds and the screen has a massive block of dead pixels 3 WEEKS after i bought it from JAPAN. so needless to say any warranty is out the window also. maybe i was unlucky but i do ear bad things about oleds.

dankbeats
May 6th, 2007, 21:19
With the miniscule size of the gamecube discs doesn't it stand to reason that this is eventually Nintendo's plan after all?

rbervoets
May 6th, 2007, 21:23
i bet it would be easy to make, after all they made a "wii laptop" remmember

PrettyStupidPerson
May 6th, 2007, 22:08
a wii laptop?????

Anger
May 7th, 2007, 02:34
i think you will find its a portable wii - and that it was made by a single person that has nothing to do with nintendo. but your point is still good - it can be done.
i really would like to see a cheap version of that thats in those pictures because it does look extremly good.
the only negative thing i would say is that the controls are layed out like the gamecube was - well it is supposed to be a portable gamecube but i think having the controls nearer the edges would make more sense should anyone decide to make this.

jstush04
May 7th, 2007, 03:41
I'll tell you this much: If its real, I want it so badly. its true OLED is a new tech, but I've heard so many good things about it... I think they can do a good job with it

Shrygue
May 7th, 2007, 11:41
That looks awsome, I'd like to get it if it's real.

onetwentyeight
May 7th, 2007, 18:05
if smaller discs to eventually go portable were one of the original reasons (other than dvdr piracy) for the gamecube to use them, than the psp, umd, and their combined run times and load times have driven the nail in that coffin. anyway, wrapping my hand around the volume or power switch on the left of that unicorn unit wouldn't make for an easy access to the d-pad. who knows what's lurking on the right of the unit to keep you from reaching the c-stick comfortably. just wait for ben or use his wii laptop.

Mr_Biggs
May 8th, 2007, 00:00
i doubt the pictured one is real, but it is a good concept pic. maybe with some hardware rev's, it'll be possible.

SnesR0X
May 8th, 2007, 04:25
hell ya I'd buy it if it's real

ICE
May 8th, 2007, 04:29
i highly doubt that ninty made the GC disks small so they could make it portable in the future.... i HIGHLY doubt that this will EVER be real since the ds is so big. i mean why would you get rid of touch screen if its SOOOOO successful?

that being said oOoOoOohH!!! i want one!!!

SnesR0X
May 8th, 2007, 06:43
i highly doubt that ninty made the GC disks small so they could make it portable in the future.... i HIGHLY doubt that this will EVER be real since the ds is so big. i mean why would you get rid of touch screen if its SOOOOO successful?

that being said oOoOoOohH!!! i want one!!!

obviously:D

sappo
May 8th, 2007, 20:21
Also the second picture is a fake. I saw it 8 months ago aside the first picture.

It is really cool, anyway :)

Shinebi
June 15th, 2007, 11:06
First thing I thought when seeing the GameCube was that it wouldn't take long for a portable version. I mean, finally an excuse to get some demo's from GC on a GBA and vice versa. But as these are all fakes, it's very unlikely to happen...

I'd still get me one if produced, GC on the go, YAH!