PDA

View Full Version : Fanjita taking break from the scene

burrito
May 6th, 2007, 23:10
Fanjita, a PSP hacker is taking a break from the scene (edit by wraggster)

It seems that various events in my life mean that I won't be able to spend as much time on PSP projects as I would like for the near future.

For one thing, my wife is expecting our first child (yay!), and there's a LOT of preparation to be done - not to mention more things that I need to help out with around the house.

And it's not just time, but money that's in short supply. Since PSP development doesn't pay any bills, I've been having to do some web development work.

The first project is a simple web page for my wife's business, which is producing handmade greetings cards. If you need a special card for a birthday or special occasion, or maybe some wedding stationery that's
sure to make an impression, why not check out www.august-design.co.uk.

The second project is still under wraps, but I'll maybe speak more about it here when it's unveiled properly.

I'm sure the PSP scene will continue quite happily without me for a few weeks, and of course, the other members of Noobz will still be merrily hacking away in the meantime.
via Fanjita.org (http://fanjita.org/serendipity/archives/12-Busy-busy-busy.html)
http://forums.qj.net/customavatars/avatar28683_1.gif

Congrats on the new baby Fanjita :)

ICE
May 6th, 2007, 23:14
noooooooooooooooooooooooo

oh well good luck :D

DarthPaul
May 6th, 2007, 23:32
What!? Woo a child! Congratulations Fanjita! And good luck!

weirdelf
May 6th, 2007, 23:38
What's the pic of mr T in aid of?

Buddy4point0
May 6th, 2007, 23:44
see ya man, u were amazing

CSPERFECTGT
May 6th, 2007, 23:45
thanx for all the things you have offered to the psp homebrew scene fanjita!good luck and...i am sure you will come back one day!!!

Fanjita
May 6th, 2007, 23:48
Not exactly leaving, just cutting down a bit. I can't afford to give away all of my spare time any more.

burrito
May 6th, 2007, 23:53
What's the pic of mr T in aid of?
That is his avatar on qj.net

g00gy
May 6th, 2007, 23:57
congrats to fanjita and good luck

Tetris999
May 7th, 2007, 00:02
a child congrats man!

i hope you continue living ure life happily :D

Cokemusic
May 7th, 2007, 00:08
Which will kill me faster slétting my wrists or overdose??

Oh the agony :(

JKKDARK
May 7th, 2007, 00:10
good luck on whatever you will do

Cloudhunter
May 7th, 2007, 00:14
Someone please change the misleading topic.

Cloudy

ficksucker
May 7th, 2007, 00:18
Congrats Fanjita. Thanks for all you have done for the PSP scene. You truly are one of the heroes of homebrew.

gunntims0103
May 7th, 2007, 00:25
Thanks Fanjita, for all the hard work!

Baboon
May 7th, 2007, 00:26
Not exactly leaving, just cutting down a bit. I can't afford to give away all of my spare time any more.

Congrats on your new fantastic news! :) ...becoming a dad will defo take up most of your time!

I'm also glad your not totaly leaving the scene, your a true coding legend that has done so much for all us users of homebrew. :thumbup: I just hope noobz keep going strong still by discovering hacks, exploits and continuing with piKey etc?

In time I reckon we should create a paypal donation system to contribute towards getting you a baby sitter so you can still find the time to program great stuff for the psp! lol :rofl:

Good luck. :thumbup:

Gold Line
May 7th, 2007, 00:33
:(

its a sad day for psp homebrew

parkermauney
May 7th, 2007, 00:42
I'm sure your child will be coding for the psp3 someday. :D

walliester
May 7th, 2007, 01:20
Congrats man and god bless your first child .Thanks Fanjita for every thing you guys have done in the psp scene

jmendes
May 7th, 2007, 01:34
what does he mean by "I'm sure the PSP scene will continue quite happily without me for a FEW WEEKS"?

Beansta2k7
May 7th, 2007, 01:34
good luck with the child fanjita...hope u can still code with the best of us someday...

Napalm-Death
May 7th, 2007, 01:36
Make sure you enjoy your life. ^_^

jordanblack68
May 7th, 2007, 01:47
Fanjita hasn't left the scene.

I'm sure the PSP scene will continue quite happily without me for a few weeks,

He is taking a break!

God damn you DCEMU

FreePlay
May 7th, 2007, 02:09
:(

its a sad day for psp homebrewDear Sir:

I am here to sell you some perspective.

It is free.

Enjoy it.

poohter
May 7th, 2007, 02:11
Dear Sir:

It is free.

Enjoy it.

I'll take it!

Cloudhunter
May 7th, 2007, 02:14
Dear Sir:

It is free.

Enjoy it.

I'LL HAVE MINE WITH CHOCOLATE SPRINKLES

</joke>

Change the topic please, He is NOT leaving.

carlitx
May 7th, 2007, 02:19
Good bye fanjita i loveded you.

FreePlay
May 7th, 2007, 02:29
read the posts. he's not leaving for good.

jordanblack68
May 7th, 2007, 02:30
Good bye fanjita i loveded you.

He isn't gone :/

Bobtentpeg
May 7th, 2007, 02:39
A sad day indead for the PSP scene. Legendary coder fanjita is quiting. He and his team brought us multiple downgraders, the GTA loader and many a homebrew applications and games. I myself do not like this. Fan was and is the best, He and DAX rule the PSP scene.
Hopfully the new up-and-coming devs will fill in the hole left by Fan.

Mr. Bungle
May 7th, 2007, 02:56
Good luck man
I may not be a dad but I have a baby sister and I know how tough it can be when it comes to taking care of a child.
Congrats!

Cloudhunter
May 7th, 2007, 02:59
A sad day indead for the PSP scene. Legendary coder fanjita is quiting. He and his team brought us multiple downgraders, the GTA loader and many a homebrew applications and games. I myself do not like this. Fan was and is the best, He and DAX rule the PSP scene.
Hopfully the new up-and-coming devs will fill in the hole left by Fan.

... Do any of you people actually read the post?

He says he will be gone for a few WEEKS.

Cloudy

Emeriastone
May 7th, 2007, 03:08
Fanjita is GOD and I will miss him. GL with your family!

dmac
May 7th, 2007, 03:19
congrats..my wife and i have a new baby too so i know how hard it is to get time to do anything..i can hardly play psp let alone trying to find time to code for it...good luck.

Basil Zero
May 7th, 2007, 03:24
Well good luck Fanjita

E.J.
May 7th, 2007, 04:22
Congratulations!!, we´ll be be waiting for you to come back, the best luck for your wife and the baby, i hope everything goes allright!

PD: Some photos wouldn´t hurt, we all want to know the next hacker of the dinasty. :thumbup:

luis_05
May 7th, 2007, 06:59
dude!! congrats with ur first child, and thanks for everything u've contributed to the scene, wish u luck on ur new life and hopefully u will find time to make us proud of being a part of the psp scene!!!

bah
May 7th, 2007, 08:30
Congratulations Fanjita!
Best wishes for yourself, your wife and the soon to be little one :)

The title is a little misleading, but sensationalizing things is what making headlines is all about I guess. The original 'busy busy busy' from fanjita.org is much more apt.

We'll all miss the man and his contributions to the scene but there's more to life than PSP, especially with a child on the way :)

I believe the Mr T pic is actually the man himself from a fancy dress party. I think I remember reading that a while back, please correct me if I'm mistaken.

Paradok
May 7th, 2007, 08:54
Congratulations Fanjita! A new young'n, that's wonderful news! Be sure to let your baby know what a great guy his/her dad is. :)

And as always, thank you so much for all of the work you've done for homebrew. You're one of the greats.

zx-81
May 7th, 2007, 08:57
Congratulations Fanjita, and all my best wishes ! Anyway you will see that with a small baby you won't have spare time anymore before a year ...

Veskgar
May 7th, 2007, 11:42
Congratulations Fanjita! All my best wishes to you and your family.

I am glad you are not leaving permanently. The scene would just not be the same without you. And without all you have given to the scene, a lot less people would be enjoying the magic of a homebrew-enabled PSP.

Mr. Shizzy
May 7th, 2007, 16:36
Congrats Fanjita :)
I'm getting married myself this June, and will be going through the baby experience myself soon :)

tvrstl
May 7th, 2007, 17:52
yeah, thank you for all the good stuff!!

you were one of those who made my PSP downgradable. won't forget that in the nearest past!!

jason215
May 7th, 2007, 20:13
gratz, and u deserve some free time * Go and have some phun time ;)

Cloudhunter
May 8th, 2007, 15:08
Now that the topic has been changed, I can relax ;)

Good luck for the future Fanjita!

Cloudy