PDA

View Full Version : Malvado

DCEmu_Newsposter
December 9th, 2004, 21:48
Malvado is a platforming game written in the DIV scripting language by Daniel Navarro which has been compiled using the GP32 Fenix compiler, then adapted for Dreamcast by Atari.[br][br]You can download it here: http://dreamon.cyberdogcastle.com/fenix/malvado.shtml

Pavlik
December 9th, 2004, 23:44
Could You tell me about MALVADO.DCB file? This is a standard bin file (scrambled or unscrambled) maked with KOS? If it is a bin could You tell me what I must to do with directories (remove all dir's and move game files [without binary file of course] to root of cd?) to run this game loaded without fenix loader (with demo menu, dchakker or dream inducer).

chui
December 10th, 2004, 02:10
MALVADO.DCB is a Fenix executable file; like Java .class is a Java executable.
You can execute DCB with Fenix Runtime only under Linux, Windows, Gp32 or Dreamcast.

Maximo2703
December 10th, 2004, 02:58
I have yet to play this ,but looking at the screenshot the graphic touch of it reminds me alot of the orginal Rayman.

well to my surprise the game actually worked considering it uses fenix cause every other game i tried before that used fenix weren't ntsc friendly. anyway now that i played i really enjoyed the game this ranks up there with one of my favorite games on dreamcast from the homebrew scene along with Giana's Return. is this the final verison of this game? cause i noticed for one thing theres no pause button as well as the characters movement seems a little slippery. its nice to see a gem like this come out in the homebrew scene amongst all the shooter games

Atari
December 10th, 2004, 07:35
The game is a straight port from a DIV game that was written in the 1999-2000 timeframe, with some DIV-specific commands (mainly sound) replaced by fenix commands. Therefore, all of the quirks of the original will be there, including somewhat weird control and no pause button.

None of this porting would be possible without the help of Chui and his genius. He deserves credit for making the DC Fenix runtime NTSC and PAL friendly, and for having the patience to put up with a ton of questions and pleas for help. :)

Pavlik
December 10th, 2004, 08:41
MALVADO.DCB is a Fenix executable file; like Java .class is a Java executable.
You can execute DCB with Fenix Runtime only under Linux, Windows, Gp32 or Dreamcast.

Thanks for the answer. One more question: if in xml is only one title = fenix starts this game automatically?

Darksaviour69
December 10th, 2004, 09:56
moved to fenix forum

burning now, looks fun.... at some stage we should put the best fenix games on one cd

Maximo2703
December 10th, 2004, 10:02
any chance of some more platformer games of this nature being ported in fenix

Darksaviour69
December 10th, 2004, 10:11
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/nazcapack.shtml

Nazcadreams (1 of the 4 games is a nice we platformer)

chui
December 10th, 2004, 11:10
Thanks for the answer. One more question: if in xml is only one title = fenix starts this game automatically?

Yes

wraggster
December 10th, 2004, 20:10
very nice looking game

Thanks Atari ;)

Thanks to Chui for fenix too ;)

Pavlik
December 11th, 2004, 08:33
I tested all fenix games and the best for me are:

- Nazca Dreams
- Nazca Pertiga 2004
- Malvado
- Astro Chaos

segafreak2
December 14th, 2004, 08:08
Okay, I downloaded it, extracted it, and burned it and it doesn't work on my PAL DC, I tried booting it but it still doesn't work! Help!!! :'( :'( :'(

Darksaviour69
December 14th, 2004, 08:29
r u using nero or discjuggler?

segafreak2
December 14th, 2004, 10:09
disc juggler?

Darksaviour69
December 14th, 2004, 10:15
well i know it works because i downloaded and converted to to nero and it worked, and all PAL DCs can play cd/homebrew, so i guess it the cd-rs (don't use CD-RW, they don't work) , some really cheap cd-rs don't work, try a different make

segafreak2
December 14th, 2004, 11:54
im using high quality tdk ones 5 punds 4 a pack of five! 1 pound each!!!

segafreak2
December 14th, 2004, 11:55
you do extract it first, right?
;D

MetaFox
December 14th, 2004, 13:31
1)Extract the Burn the CDI file from the rar file.
2)Burn the CDI image to a disc using Alcohol 120%

You can get Alcohol 120% here:
http://www.alcohol-soft.com/