PDA

View Full Version : Battlejewels Alpha 3 for PSP

skeezix
May 7th, 2007, 06:25
http://www.codejedi.com/battlejewels/screenshots/battlejewels005alpha1.jpg

Battlejewels is a combination of a classic puzzler (jewel matching) with head to head combat (think street fighter or somesuch) based on a simple RPG engine (gather gold, buy gear, level up.)

(Greetz Wraggster et al .. been too long old friend :)

This is a quick 'debug test' port from my GP2X alpha-3 version; it should play pretty well, though save-game and a couple other things are still goofy.

Since its a quick job and baby is about to wake up, you'll have to get the manual from the website :) Its a plain kxploit style binary right now so should be trivial to install for anyone using DAX's custom firmware or an eboot-loader.
http://www.codejedi.com/battlejewels

Let me know how it goes.. if you get any crashes, that sort of thing. Hope you like it even in this early port :)

jeff

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

titch.ryan
May 7th, 2007, 12:59
sounds cool

zoson
May 7th, 2007, 14:00
get puzzle quest? although for a homebrew this game looks pretty slick.

DarthPaul
May 7th, 2007, 17:57
Nice,puzzle games rock.

skeezix
May 7th, 2007, 18:52
get puzzle quest? although for a homebrew this game looks pretty slick.

I actually began it a ltitle before hearing about PQ, though PQ definatley did influence me a little; I'm going for a different thing than them, somewhat -- they've got questing and such, while I'm going for more streetfighter .. match/match/match, without overland questing. The spells are more dangerous in mine.. bleeding, damage over time stuff, stealth, crazy stuff like that. More fast and furious, yet still with levelling and gear.

jeff

Buddy4point0
May 8th, 2007, 02:41
very nice man i will be downloading this

steve520
May 8th, 2007, 02:46
Thats awesome because on one of the old forums for the first release for the gp2x i was like cool i wish you could port the game to the PSP and they finally did that rocks

Zaraf
May 8th, 2007, 03:05
Is there a way to play this using EPSP? The PSP emulator that plays homebrew? And if so, how do I configure it to work? I've been trying, but I can't figure out how to use EPSP, and the readme file is in some other language and comes up with garble for me.

skeezix
May 8th, 2007, 03:26
Is there a way to play this using EPSP? The PSP emulator that plays homebrew? And if so, how do I configure it to work? I've been trying, but I can't figure out how to use EPSP, and the readme file is in some other language and comes up with garble for me.

I've put up an OSX build; Windows and Linux builds will be along soon, so no need for emus.

jeff

Zaraf
May 8th, 2007, 03:38
Woot! I can't wait :) Any expected time? I'm a BIG fan of puzzle quest, and your game looks like good fun too!

skeezix
May 8th, 2007, 05:09
Windows build is posted to the site:

http://www.codejedi.com/battlejewels/binaries/battlejewels-win-016.zip

No timers so animations are super fast, but it should run okay I think.

jeff

(see website for keys.. cursor, spacebar, and tab mostly; q to quit)