PDA

View Full Version : Rumor: Karous for the Wii

wraggster
May 7th, 2007, 20:04
via kotaku (http://kotaku.com/gaming/gambatte%21/rumor-karous-for-the-wii-258149.php)

Hints of a game destined to die on Dreamcast might be making a crazy monkey-dancing, snake-blooded, voodoo revival on the Wii. Milestone has not announced any titles for the Wii, yet they have been listed as a third-party developer since the very beginning, which begs the question, "Where's my game and when can I have it?".

Ryan over at Arcade Renaissance has a pretty good theory on the first part of the question, but has some trouble answering the second. He believes this half girl, half angel (and all Victoria Secret by the looks of it) shooter will be the first game that the developer will bring over to the Wii due to its previous succcess on the Dreamcast. Also, there was also recent posting on the SHMUPS forum in which a user states that they were:

"...privy to details that confirms that Karous is in development for the Wii.

This combined with the fact that O3 Entertainment (a company who is responsible for the still delayed Radio Allergy for the Gamecube, though it is Wii Compatible) mentioned cryptically in their forum that there would be something to look forward to after Radio Allergy's release and left a link to Milestone's Karous webpage.

Personally, I'm seeing a lot of eggs and no baskets to put them into. But it's a just a rumor, and news about more games coming out is better than news of no games coming out.

JKKDARK
May 7th, 2007, 23:21
i hope they will not leave the dreamcast :(

Christuserloeser
May 7th, 2007, 23:36
Chaos Field and Radirgy were released for GameCube - why shouldn't they release Karous for Wii ?

Also, it's easy to port NAOMI/Dreamcast games to GameCube/Wii as the Katana SDK supports the Triforce, an arcade hardware with GameCube specs.