PDA

View Full Version : Lameboy v0.5 - Gameboy / Gameboy Colour Emulator for Nintendo DS

wraggster
May 7th, 2007, 22:12
Nutki has released a new version of his Gameboy / Gameboy Colour Emulator for Nintendo DS:

Hello,

New lameboy release again. Still no sound and some games may run worse than before (I know of Montezumas Revange, reports on other broken comtibalibility comparing with 0.4 welcome). Some games may run too fast now (Bomb Jack runs up to 120 fps).
Sound is somehow tricky as I would have to deal with arm7 programming and there was no sound support in the original PC version of Lameboy.

Changelog follows:

- changed: new faster display method (with triple buffering), may cause visual
glitches with games using pallette based effects
- added: fps display
- fixed(?): video modes emulation, helps for some games but messes with others
- added: rom selection menu sorting, key repeat and position history
- fixed: inverted GBC sprite priorities

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

TeenDev
May 7th, 2007, 23:00
Thank for another great release but damnit my pokemmon games don't save!

kcajblue
May 8th, 2007, 04:33
oh yeah.
keep up the good work!
keep the releases coming! :D

jackal27
May 8th, 2007, 13:33
Haha, I'm just gonna wait until the next version. My games all work fine (Except Dragon Warrior 3. it won' teven load) and most of them run at about 80-100 percent speed so I'm ok. If there's no sound and more games are messing up than being fixed, there's no real reason to download. Anyone have any possitives to say about it?

Hyrule_boy
May 8th, 2007, 22:37
Neat update! it's really cool to see so fast new updates. I hope he will manage to add sound support soon!

kiariki
May 9th, 2007, 02:42
Haha, I'm just gonna wait until the next version. My games all work fine (Except Dragon Warrior 3. it won' teven load) and most of them run at about 80-100 percent speed so I'm ok. If there's no sound and more games are messing up than being fixed, there's no real reason to download. Anyone have any possitives to say about it?

Well, sprite priority seems fixed. At least the grass on Link's Awakening pops above Link rather than below.

Mr. Greed
May 9th, 2007, 03:07
cool, always wanted a working gameboy emulator for my M3 simply.
Can't wait for sound to come

TeenDev
May 9th, 2007, 03:15
forget sound! add in some saving... or make it open source so I can add saving!

DanTheManMS
May 9th, 2007, 03:25
There is saving, but like you said some games don't work with it. Pokemon Red/Blue save fine for me, but apparently Gold/Silver are known to have issues, probably due to the RTC or something.

EDIT: hm, at http://ds-scene.net/forum/pforum.php?act=1&publicforum=5&topic=696&page=3 a user reports saving working fine for Gold/Silver. Wonder what the issue is then. I've actually never played G/S so I've never tested it here on Lameboy.

TeenDev
May 9th, 2007, 04:09
I am trying to play Pokemon Yellow and it doesn't load my save...

Off Topic: You finally got an avatar!

F2bnp
May 9th, 2007, 07:09
This is actually a good update.Yep they must fix the saves,although super mario land 2 saves perfectly,but if you say there are issues then they must be fixed.Then comes the glitches that are in some games.They must fix these too.And finnally the sound.I don't think it is needed actually,because it isn't the best to hear some blips...

fkhan
May 9th, 2007, 14:54
Well, yet another lameboy release.

Changelog:

- fixed: 32k save (helps Pokemon S/G/Y, Dragon Warrior III)
- added: supports roms larger than 2MB (only unzipped - .gbc)
- fixed: directory browsing history

http://www.savefile.com/files/707017

kiariki
May 9th, 2007, 15:06
YEEEEEEEEEEEEES! :D Dragon Quest III, here. I. COME!

DanTheManMS
May 9th, 2007, 15:59
Sweet, thanks for the news fkhan.

And yeah, I decided to use this avatar that I use at other DS homebrew sites.