PDA

View Full Version : GPSFS & Zip Formats Not Working?

Liquid Smoke
May 7th, 2007, 23:17
I'm having some problems with my MapThis program.

I have a 3.03 OE PSP, and my MapThis is version 0.47 Beta.

Now I used the map download program from in7ane to dl the maps and when they are in all those little PNG format tiles they work fine, but the problem is that it takes too long to use those PNG tiles, it takes about literally 2 hours just to transfer like 200mb worth of maps.

But when I do it in ZIP format or GPSFS format the transfer is very quick like it should be (yes I do have USB 2.0).

But the problem with those 2 file formats is that it doesnt load up. I open up MapThis and then when i choose it in the map selection screen it just freezes there and nothing loads, but mem stick light keeps blinking, so then i gotta manually turn it off and on again to reset the psp.

I was wondering why it does this? I got the GPSFS files from the map dl program and im sure the files are fine, and then zip files i zipped it up just like the structure in the included _GLOBAL MAP.zip is but it doesnt seem to load, even though the global map does load.

i dont have a gps and just using the regular version as a map viewer, not the gps eboot. but anyone know what the problem is and how can i fix it? is it because only the gps eboot can read the gpsfs? or am i dont something else wrong? someone please help, thanks.

deniska
May 8th, 2007, 01:00
zip format is not supported anymore...
gmdl has gpsfs checkup tool build in - check your map with it before downloading...
try to create a small gpsfs map and see if it works first - post it here if it does not - someone will try to troubleshoot it for ya..

Liquid Smoke
May 8th, 2007, 03:05
ok i used GMDL to make a gpsfs map which was very small, like 136kb and it didnt work either. i used the Test button and it said that 20 out of 20 was good.

can someone help please, thanks.

deniska
May 8th, 2007, 05:30
post your map here...

Liquid Smoke
May 8th, 2007, 21:08
alright here are the 5 gpsfs files in the attached zip, just used a small map as a test, didnt work.

and i'm sure it's placed in the directories right, in my psp its placed in K:\...\maps\_NYC and then those 5 gpsfs files are there.

I just got them directly from the GMDL program and didn't modify anything.

So if you can help please that would be great, thanks.

MIB.42
May 9th, 2007, 00:24
alright here are the 5 gpsfs files in the attached zip, just used a small map as a test, didnt work.

and i'm sure it's placed in the directories right, in my psp its placed in K:\...\maps\_NYC and then those 5 gpsfs files are there.

I just got them directly from the GMDL program and didn't modify anything.

So if you can help please that would be great, thanks.

Just ran my independent analysis tool on this, this is the result (mostly for deniska) :

X=38607
Y=49237
BaseZoom=0
Filetype=png
N=4

Image#0 = gpsfs:0 = Central Park & Morningside Dr
Image#1 = gpsfs:1466 = Manhattan Ave & W112
Image#2 = gpsfs1:0 = Manhattan Ave, Columbus Ave
Image#3 = gpsfs2:0 = 110th St - Cathedral Pky Station

Liquid Smoke
May 9th, 2007, 00:34
Well I dunno what's wrong with it, but I just installed MapThis 0.499 and it seems to work fine on that one. So I guess there was something wrong with 0.47 (I was using the non-gps EBOOT).

But anyway this .49 version seems to work fine even without GPS, so thanks anyway.

yeholycarczar
January 18th, 2008, 01:13
Hello everyone

I recently got a gps for my psp and got everything to work on it just fine, used GMDL to download a map of my town (about 1100 jpg files) and uploaded it to my psp.
Knowing that it works, I wanted to create a larger map, one that covered all of Long Island, Manhattan and parts of NJ. I successfully downloaded the files, but I can't figure a way to convert the 700,000 jpeg images into a GPSFS file format. GMDL gives me a JIT Debugger error whenever I click on something that says GPSFS in the GMDL GUI.
Transferring 700,000 jpg files to a psp will take close to a month, literally. I've been searching for ways to convert these images to a format which I can transfer a lil easier to my PSP but havent turned up anything.

If anyone could tell me what i need to do, either be it fixing the GMDL or some tool that will convert 8 gigs of jpeg images to something i can transfer to my psp in less than a month ( preferably <1 hour) and is readable by the latest version of mapthis

Thanks

deniska
January 18th, 2008, 06:14
Try different gmdl versions ( you don't need to re-download the tiles) and see if they work. I definitely have maps with at least 1M tiles in them, made with earlier versions.. so, perhaps there is a bug in the recent one..
If nothing else helps - post a question in gmdl thread - maybe in7ane would be able to troubleshoot it...