PDA

View Full Version : GPSlim 240

cydus21
May 8th, 2007, 07:38
Hi all,

i just got my GPSlim. made the cable hook it up and mapthis recgonize the gps only tat i'm not getting any fix. all the value is zero at the GPS info screen but the GPS state is on.

the mini b i used is the one supplied with the GPSlim. is tat a prob? my baud rate is 4800 and fake feed is 0 by the way. i tried both 38400 and 4800. wat else am i missing??? the GPS itself is flashin meaning its got the position. help appreciated!

thanks

MIB.42
May 8th, 2007, 14:40
Hi all,

i just got my GPSlim. made the cable hook it up and mapthis recgonize the gps only tat i'm not getting any fix. all the value is zero at the GPS info screen but the GPS state is on.

the mini b i used is the one supplied with the GPSlim. is tat a prob? my baud rate is 4800 and fake feed is 0 by the way. i tried both 38400 and 4800. wat else am i missing??? the GPS itself is flashin meaning its got the position. help appreciated!

thanks

Check the connections with a multimeter... ( or something else which shows if you have connections where you are supposed to have )

deniska
May 8th, 2007, 15:34
the baud should be 38400...
Check the FAQ for more hints..

jpc2
May 8th, 2007, 15:47
also if you read the diy thread it says not to use and of the usb connectors that come with it.

cydus21
May 8th, 2007, 16:26
also if you read the diy thread it says not to use and of the usb connectors that come with it.

yea.. tat was wat i'm worried about.. should i get a new data cable?

the baud should be 38400...
Check the FAQ for more hints..

deniska i tried both baud.. it din work and the FAQ said 4800! oh no.. which shld i use?

Check the connections with a multimeter... ( or something else which shows if you have connections where you are supposed to have )

MIB.42 i check with the multimeter so many times.. cause i'm afraid to brick my psp.. :D

Please help!! can't wait to work this pretty prog

deniska
May 8th, 2007, 19:53
don't use the usb cable with holux units - you need a serial cable... (make it yourself or by it from chinese vendors - the forum has links..

cydus21
May 9th, 2007, 08:13
ok before i get screamed at.. i apologize.. everything works now and its my fault..

basically i unwired everything, wired it back to the original USB, test the wire if its data cable, strip it again and rewire to psp cable..

and i realise i wired it wrong the first time round... so much for checking the multimeter so many times... sorry!

MIB.42
May 9th, 2007, 08:32
ok before i get screamed at.. i apologize.. everything works now and its my fault..

basically i unwired everything, wired it back to the original USB, test the wire if its data cable, strip it again and rewire to psp cable..

and i realise i wired it wrong the first time round... so much for checking the multimeter so many times... sorry!

:)

Glad it works. Kudos for admitting it!

Ker3m
May 16th, 2007, 20:10
I bought a holux gpslim240 last week. And my psp gps cable just arrived from China. I tried mapthis with 4800 baud rate as the FAQ said. But it didn't work. I changed it to 38400. Now it is working on my 3.40 OE firmware.