PDA

View Full Version : Allard admits defeat, wears dreads over PSP bet

wraggster
May 8th, 2007, 16:03
via cvg (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=163479)

For you young'ens out there, a year ago Microsoft's most famous bald-headed exec J Allard made a bet with Newsweek writer N'Gai Croal, that the PSP wouldn't reach the same 10 million units shipped within 12 months as the PS2.

If Allard won he'd get to cut off N'Gai's dreads live on stage, but if he lost he'd have to sport a dreadlock wig for the entire month.

Unfortunately for Allard Sony eventually smashed the 10 million barrier on schedule, and the trendy suit continently ditched 2006's E3 show, Jamaican Barnet and all.

360 days later and Allard has finally done good on his wager, sporting a big head o' locks on his official Microsoft bio page and admitting that he was wrong about the PSP's popularity. "I knew that they'd sell millions of them, but I just didn't think that demand could be higher than for the PS2," he said.

"In 2006, I had shifted my focus to a new project called Zune, didn't present at E3 the annual games conference and I had forgotten about the challenge. He reminded me a couple weeks back that I never made good on the bet so here are the promised dreads - 360 days after the last E3 Xbox press conference."

Allard continues, tipping his dreadlocked hat to Sony for "outpacing the PS2 velocity with their PSP".

"For the record, I'd never have been able to cut off your dreads, my friend. I might've clipped one off for show, but could never have butchered your style like that."

chrisnoob
May 8th, 2007, 16:35
lol microsoft proved wrong agian :)

Buddy4point0
May 8th, 2007, 20:09
dude thats so cool man.

Hiei311
May 8th, 2007, 20:54
see psp is pretty good system lol i play n64 and ps1 lol not much psp games

jmendes
May 8th, 2007, 21:03
that is fun news. 2007 will be pspīs finest year =]

solid12345
May 9th, 2007, 00:42
Actually what I get from this story is Microsoft can show humility while Sony still continues to live in a fantasy world putting out hyped up press releases about the "success" of the PS3.

Basil Zero
May 9th, 2007, 02:24
Actually what I get from this story is Microsoft can show humility while Sony still continues to live in a fantasy world putting out hyped up press releases about the "success" of the PS3.

Technically they did make alot of success, lots of sales, and nobody expected they would sell as many ps3s as they did.

Plus by checking the price of the ps3, and how many units they've sold, and are STILL selling, one can say, their paving their way of recovering over the last few months of losses.