PDA

View Full Version : New Final Fantasy unveiled for PSP

wraggster
May 8th, 2007, 16:04
via cvg (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=163480)

The first details on an all-new Final Fantasy for the PSP have emerged on the internet - mainly because Square Enix put them there itself via the official game website.

Final Fantasy Dissidia, as it's being called, is being headed up in the character design field by veteran series artist Tetsuya Nomura - and that's about all we know about it for now.

This makes the PSP an essential platform for Final Fantasy fans, with Crisis Core and reworkings of I and II also due on the platform.

More details on the game are promised to spindle from this weekend's Square Enix Party in Japan, where (presumably as well as beer and girls) the company is expected to reveal among other thing s a new Star Ocean game.

Attempts to contact any of Square Enix's UK spokespeople on the game have so far been unsuccessful, probably because they're putting up the balloons and hiding the TV remotes for the party.

gr42178
May 8th, 2007, 16:19
Sweeeet...I hope its a regular RPG and not an action one like Crisis Core....

chrisnoob
May 8th, 2007, 16:32
Sounds good cant wiat!

JKKDARK
May 8th, 2007, 16:37
i hope it helps to the psp sales

Veskgar
May 8th, 2007, 16:48
OH sweet! And lets not forget about Final Fantasy Tactics: Lion War also scheduled to be released for the PSP.

I tell you, with commercial PSP games, POPS PSX emulation, and other emulators, the PSP is every Final Fantasy fans handheld dream machine.

Yeah, the DS Lite has Final Fantasy III, but with most other Final Fantasy games playable on the PSP, it makes the PSP much more preferable if you ask me.

g00gy
May 8th, 2007, 17:34
Yeh if you have a 8GB card you can put all FF games from 1 to 9.

PrettyStupidPerson
May 8th, 2007, 18:27
uhhhhh... exactly how many ff are going to be on the psp. its good the psp is getting the attention it deserves but...

gr42178
May 8th, 2007, 18:32
OH sweet! And lets not forget about Final Fantasy Tactics: Lion War also scheduled to be released for the PSP.

I tell you, with commercial PSP games, POPS PSX emulation, and other emulators, the PSP is every Final Fantasy fans handheld dream machine.

Yeah, the DS Lite has Final Fantasy III, but with most other Final Fantasy games playable on the PSP, it makes the PSP much more preferable if you ask me.
True, the DS has the updated FF3 but we can play the original NES FF3 so we have it all (almost) :thumbup:

Nightmarus
May 8th, 2007, 19:27
heheh:D A new final Fantasy for psp..I really hope its a regular rpg ,something like FFX.

Balthasar00
May 8th, 2007, 19:27
When No$GBA will emulate FF III perfectly, I will be able to say that I don't need a DS. :P I am not so hot about the old FF III on nes.

Buddy4point0
May 8th, 2007, 20:07
i wish they would just make a strait remake of FFIX. its my favorate

Hiei311
May 8th, 2007, 20:59
When No$GBA will emulate FF III perfectly, I will be able to say that I don't need a DS. :P I am not so hot about the old FF III on nes.

lol then u should say it now gpSP for the psp runs perfectly and can run ff3 perfectly, j/k, but its true though

i hope it will boost the sales for the psp cuz i wanna see a psp2 and psplite

Abgoj
May 8th, 2007, 21:23
yeah. This is great news, suare enix is finally giving the psp the attention it deserves. Lets just hope the PSP also gets the new KH game.

starogre
May 9th, 2007, 00:42
it seems like final fantasy only knows how to start a game

the psp will never know how to finish one

carlitx
May 9th, 2007, 00:49
Sweeeet...I hope its a regular RPG and not an action one like Crisis Core....

wat u prefer the regular style?:o:O, well while i do love the clasic battle style of the FF battling and the RTS funtion in that BS, But i think the action RPGs give u a better feal for how intenes the fights rly are:D

xxcolbyxx
May 9th, 2007, 01:34
i wish they would just make a strait remake of FFIX. its my favorate

I second that!

I've played FF7 up till disc 3, and recently played FF9 as well. I've played more hours on FF9 than i have in FF7.

Are there still problems with FF8 freezing at the communication tower? Darn...

jacoe99
May 9th, 2007, 01:35
Sounds great! Does anyone know an approximate release date?

Basil Zero
May 9th, 2007, 02:12
I'm one step closer for FFIII, since i bought a DSlite.

I am so glad that a NEW ff game has been announced, gonna put this on my most wanted psp titles of 2007/2008.

FaIIen
May 9th, 2007, 07:14
I've been hearing that crisis core is going to be releashed for the past year and it still hasn't. Now we get an announcement for a new FF game but why should I care ? Will PSP even be on the scene after one year? The technology PSP offering is becoming outdated and not even FF titles will be able to save it after a year, if that's when the new FF game is coming out. So.. meh to SE once more.

jason215
May 9th, 2007, 08:02
OMG Great news ^^

sdpenaloza21
May 9th, 2007, 19:43
T.T really wanted to see another final fantasy rpg on psp

Source:
http://www.joystiq.com/2007/05/09/final-fantasy-dissidia-looks-to-be-a-brawler/#comments

joystiq is saying it looks like its going to be brawler
( Ehrgeiz anyone? =( ) , another note the team making the new ff game for PSP is the one who made bouncer action rpg on PS2 awhile back )

Joystiq is saying they are not jumping to conclusions but the image kinda leans towards a fighter game =(

Source2: http://www.pspfanboy.com/2007/05/09/ff-dissidia-magazine-scan-reveals-smash-ing-possibilities/

Image of article on Shonen Jump:
http://www.enregistrersous.com/images/2/134805949420070509143435.html

shadoweski
May 9th, 2007, 21:15
i so hope it is an rpg.
i liked the bouncer and alll but give me an rpg with the words "final fantasy" in the title and i'll buy it!

SpacemanSpiff
May 10th, 2007, 00:28

If you didn't like FF3 on the NES there's no reason you'd like it on the DS, its pretty much the exact same game other than the graphics and music. I thought it was great but I'm more into the old-school style of RPGs.

Gold Line
May 10th, 2007, 00:35
ff 3 was on the snes not the nes

SpacemanSpiff
May 10th, 2007, 01:30
No, FF3 in the US was actually FF6 in Japan, since three of the first five Final Fantasies weren't released in the US initially. The real FF3 was released on the NES and then remade for the DS.