PDA

View Full Version : The FFIII engine prints money: Final Fantasy IV remake on the way

wraggster
May 8th, 2007, 21:37
via dsfanboy (http://www.dsfanboy.com/2007/05/08/the-ff3-engine-prints-money-final-fantasy-iv-remake-on-the-way/)

Well, if you weren't quite convinced that Final Fantasy III DS was worth getting excited over, then try this on for size: rumor has it that the same team has taken on an update of Final Fantasy IV -- one of three Final Fantasy titles heralded as a contender for the title of best game ever.

Whereas the original FFIII was passed over for a U.S. release and featured, prior to update, a nameless band of warriors, the next entry in the series originated many of the qualities that turned the franchise into a global powerhouse. The game debuted the Active Time Battle system and featured an epic storyline that's still held dear in the hearts of RPG gamers everywhere. It's been remade several times -- most recently (and we mean recently) for the GBA -- but a remake using the FFIII engine could give the game new life and improve the only thing that needs to be improved, which is the graphics.

If this is true (and it wouldn't surprise us), we'll most likely hear confirmation on it soon, since the Square Enix Party is this weekend in Japan. According to the rumor, the game is nearly finished as well, so if it's coming, we won't have long to wait.

Hyrule_boy
May 8th, 2007, 22:42
That would defenitly kick ass!

Balthasar00
May 8th, 2007, 23:02
Tabarnak! Why its only nintendo DS that get Squarenix's gems?!

Meanwhile,

PSP get FF I & II with minimal graphic update.. :mad:

cast: Vanish + Doom on Hiromichi Tanaka ! :rofl:

Zarxrax
May 8th, 2007, 23:22
What? They just released this on GBA like a year ago! Where is my Chrono Trigger!

DanTheManMS
May 8th, 2007, 23:29
What? They just released this on GBA like a year ago! Where is my Chrono Trigger!

The latest v0.5 Beta version of SNEmulDS emulates Chrono Trigger quite nicely. The text is a bit hard to read, but most graphics are fine after some tweaking, and the sound is beautiful now.

wolfpack
May 8th, 2007, 23:47
now lets just hope for a VII remake :p

Balthasar00
May 9th, 2007, 00:15
At that rate, they will certainly remake V & VI wich would be quite cool! Snes FF V & VI 2d sprites look great even today, but I can't say no for a total 3d remake.. :D

iceman100
May 9th, 2007, 00:55
No more remakes

Balthasar00
May 9th, 2007, 02:11
No more remakes

Not agree. They aren't simple remakes. Game's scenario is the same, right. But they are rebuilt from scratch in 3d. Its way better than derived stuff like FF X-2 & Dirge of Cerberus. Didn't liked GBA versions of FF IV V VI either. Sound is butchered. :(

JKKDARK
May 9th, 2007, 02:33
Tabarnak! Why its only nintendo DS that get Squarenix's gems?!

Meanwhile,

PSP get FF I & II with minimal graphic update.. :mad:

cast: Vanish + Doom on Hiromichi Tanaka ! :rofl:

DS is actually more successful. Why would you port this game to a console/handheld with bad sales?
Also a lot of people think the psp is 'more mature' than the ds

Junixx
May 9th, 2007, 03:45

I'm right with you there, thats probably one of my favorite games ever, I'd love to see that one to be remade onto the DS

JKKDARK
May 9th, 2007, 04:02

yes but.. final fantasy IV remake with dual screen!

F2bnp
May 9th, 2007, 07:11
The psp is for homebrew not for games I repeat that.But anyway that would be really cool!

shadoweski
May 9th, 2007, 07:47
This would be so sweet!

I'm currently in the middle of FF III and am lovin the remake.

It would be nice if both screens were utilized thou

ShinMike
May 9th, 2007, 09:19
hmmm i loved ffiv O.o, hope this is true

The Hombrew Hunter
May 9th, 2007, 11:32
FFIV, V, and VI are good, yes...

But I'd eat my own foot if FFVIII was remade for the DS.

Cap'n 1time
May 9th, 2007, 16:01
Cool. I love FF 2/4... In fact it is one of the few FF games that was actually worth my purchase. I hope they add new stuff!

Granville
May 9th, 2007, 16:35
Here are some supposed screens from Jeux-France:

http://www.jeux-france.com/Webmasters/Images/58281020070509_143552_0_big.jpg

Kinda weird models, but it's a FF3 engine...I'll buy anyways!

Balthasar00
May 9th, 2007, 16:40
DS is actually more successful. Why would you port this game to a console/handheld with bad sales?

Sales aren't that bad. It would be very rentable for them, I am not afraid of that. Square stuff always sell good. They would also help sony psp sales.. Alot more than with their FF 1 & 2 .. DS is more successful, PSP is stronger. It could also mean improvement on the Matrix Software engine. If they could work hand in hand with the bankrupted Wonderswan, they can with PSP !

Also a lot of people think the psp is 'more mature' than the ds

Agree, that certainly the main problem. Since PSP sales better in US, sony psp have too much Nord-America oriented content ; Sports, shooters, Racing, cheap rpgs.. The PSP sales are better in America.. Its a big problem.. Since fun & original consoles rpgs actions/adventures games comes from japan. Looking at sales chart that way.. ok, psp isin't well enough.

Balthasar00
May 9th, 2007, 16:44

http://www.jeux-france.com/Webmaster...3552_0_big.jpg

Screenies! All ready ?! Gush, it looks really good..

Now that what I call remakes!!

ShinMike
May 9th, 2007, 21:02
looks gorgeous

skipboris
May 9th, 2007, 21:46

http://www.jeux-france.com/Webmasters/Images/58281020070509_143552_0_big.jpg

ok those look legit. This could be cool.