PDA

View Full Version : RosettaShard Version .8.5 Released

wraggster
May 8th, 2007, 22:42
via psphacks (http://www.psp-hacks.com/2007/05/08/rosettashard-version-85-released/)

This application is compatible with the Rosetta Stone language sets without any conversion needed. Unfortunately it seems some of the audio files from Rosetta Stone are not perfect. They play fine on the PC, but the PSP audio libraries are not able to play some without distortion. Copy your Language Set lessons to the Language directory in the RosettaShard installation folder. If your Language Set has much distortion, it will need to be repaired. This will be done with a PC application which will be released as soon as it is completed. Until then, you can repair them yourself by the following:

Rename the files so the extension SWA becomes MP3.
Encode the files to MP3 at 22khz with a bitrate of 80kbits.
Rename the files so the extension MP3 becomes SWA.
What’s new in version .8.5?

The HOME button is fixed. It now brings up the HOME screen and works as normal.
In Choose Setup -> Available Card Sets: Only Units and Lessons which are present on the memory stick are available to select.
In Choose Setup -> Available Card Sets: Lesson Descriptions have been removed as they were not exceedingly useful. In fact the whole menu system has been replaced.
Skins have been removed for now. This will be a feature in a later version. Currently the Skin can only be changed by replacing the images themselves. The entire interface can be skinned this way.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Buddy4point0
May 8th, 2007, 23:13
so im dumb, what exactly does this do

Ultima Chocochu
May 8th, 2007, 23:54
I'm dumb too...Does it help us learn new languages?
lol

Broonale
May 9th, 2007, 02:46
I'll have to check this out!

I have several language packs.

Cho Aniki
May 18th, 2007, 20:35
This totally passed me by thanks alot for this new version of this much needed app , maybe in the future we can get one for pimsleur too:P

F9zDark
May 18th, 2007, 20:41
You need the Rosetta Stone PC software to make use of this. This app allows you to bring your language lessons with you on the road, to school, etc.

Cho Aniki
May 19th, 2007, 02:10
I hope the next version will have a option of loading the rosetta stone iso instead of having to transfer all the files to the psp which takes hours

aznTerz
May 19th, 2007, 14:14
wellz... i have like the same question....
wat is it...?? is it like irshell or something?

ejgre270
October 15th, 2007, 21:31
Hello everybody,
I am a newbie to the psp and homebrews/hacks, etc. I have a brand new psp 2001. Do I have to downgrade my firmware to be able to use rosettashard? I appreciate any and all help. I am super excited about the possibility of using my rosetta stone on the road. Thanks.

Knups
October 18th, 2007, 06:33
There is a PC language learning software called "Rosetta Stone". You can choose to purchase from dozens of possible languages and different levels of knowledge within each language. What this PSP homebrew does (which is an awesome idea, and I give total props to the author) is take those languages you bought to learn on your computer and allows you to study them on your PSP, wherever the hell you are, via the audio files (and soon to be the actual ISO). Thus it's a mini version of Rosetta Stone... thus the "Rosetta Shard" name...

To run any homebrew (this is homebrew btw) you will need to UPGRADE to either fw 1.50 or a custom firmware, preferably created by Dark AleX, such as an OE or M33 firmware. The latest of which is 3.71m33-2 (don't forget the 1.50 v2 addon and USB patch). Start searching all of these term on this site and you will learn all you need to know.

Peace

email911
March 15th, 2008, 03:50
where do you put the Rosetta Stone iso file once you are in the root of your psp memory stick?

Shmelini
March 31st, 2008, 12:56
have RosettaShard-v9a, for SLIM
Great learning software! BUT!!!!!
Convert the files so the extension SWA becomes MP3.
Encode the files to MP3 at [44100khz] with a bitrate of 80kbits.
JPG->PNG 163х122.............. after some dancing with drums =) I had to run some lessons ......content CDID.TRS - do not anderstand so.....sorry keep mooving.....