PDA

View Full Version : PS3 vs 360

gdf
May 8th, 2007, 23:11
There have been similar threads in the past, but all have gone astray. this is the ultimite ps3 vs 360 thread ok? right, argue your selected console in here, don't bring the wii into this, it can't be compared because of the stark contrasts between it and the others. Just put your opinions and counter arguments, dont just say "ZOMFG THE GRAPHICZ IZ DA BEST!", try to back them up, and don't flame. capiche?
(the icon for this thread is the greatest thing ever, like 2 dudes squaring off)

The King
May 8th, 2007, 23:14
well for me i would go with the 360 i had the reasons in my sig before but i took em off but i will say why

i have a vid to represent why i prefer 360

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R98qC0fd_1w

that vid has nearly all the reasons why i dont like ps3 but its not because of the vid that i dont like it

JKKDARK
May 8th, 2007, 23:17
Xbox 360, because i don't want a commercial failure in my home.

PrettyStupidPerson
May 8th, 2007, 23:18
why not the wii... oh wait it suks i forgot...ps3 for me. why?? because i can

The King
May 8th, 2007, 23:20
yo come on lets have an actual argument here of wich one win's just not wich one u would get come one be real give back ground details

SnesR0X
May 9th, 2007, 00:03
The 360 is good, cause of the games;)

skater9269
May 9th, 2007, 01:05
right now 360 because of the games(GOW) but later on the ps3 because of the specs aka faster processor(I think about 3 times) and gpu. Plus blue ray(sony's little trojan horse). Not to mention LINUX!(even without gpu support) and lastly MOTION SENSITIVITY(yea total ripoff but still a good feature) The games will get better remember all games released so far are with a stock SDK and the GOOD 360 games are with custom everything. Sony just released a new SDK if I remember correctly.

kcajblue
May 9th, 2007, 01:15
why not the wii... oh wait it suks i forgot...ps3 for me. why?? because i canif you dont have anything constructive to say. then dont post.

SnesR0X
May 9th, 2007, 04:25
360 games I want:
Devil May Cry 4
The Darkness
Resident Evil 5
Dead Rising 2
Halo 3
Stranglehold
Assassins Creed
Possibly Blue Dragon
Possibly Bioshock

Wii games I want:
Resident evil 4 Wii Edition
Resident Evil UC
Smash Bros. Brawl

In my mind those are the best two consoles, unfortionatly the Wii is the lesser of the two

ICE
May 9th, 2007, 04:34
im not going to mention the wii.

at this point in time it appears that the ps3 is screwed.

its price indicates that it will have the smallest install base and logic dictates that major 3rd party publishers simply wont make games for systems that people dont have(ie the gamecube).

sony- 3rd party games= CRAP

where will those 3rd party publishers be you ask?

WII60!!

Shadowblind
May 9th, 2007, 04:36
Xbox 360, because i don't want a commercial failure in my home.

Same here.

360 games I want:
Devil May Cry 4
The Darkness
Resident Evil 5
Dead Rising 2
Halo 3
Stranglehold
Assassins Creed
Possibly Blue Dragon
Bioshock

Wii games I want:
Resident evil 4 Wii Edition
Resident Evil UC
Smash Bros. Brawl

In my mind those are the best two consoles, unfortionatly the Wii is the lesser of the two

Same as well. Except take out the "possibly" in Bioshock, its gonna be amazing!

gdf
May 9th, 2007, 09:52
bioshock looks pretty amazing.

#sadly mgs is still ps3 exclusive, but i'm sending a letter to kojima (i really am) and it might not change anything but if enough people did it...

ps3 doesn't have banjo kazooie. for every ps3 game there is a better alternative already on 360 or coming to 360.

for example
Racers: motorstorm<pgr series, forza 2
shooters: resistance<gears
High profile exclusives: mgs4=Halo
platformers: ratchet<Banjo

the list goes on

Triv1um
May 9th, 2007, 10:00
1. motorstorm isnt meant to be like any boring track racing game. so thats a unfair comparison.

2. resistace owns gears so much. gears is the most overhyped game in the world.

3. dont even get me started on halo. two words - microsoft fanboys, and mgs is the best series on the planet.

4. i cant comment because i haven't played banjo. but R&C is good.

gdf
May 9th, 2007, 10:45
1. yes you can compare, although the type of racing is different, forza and pgr are still far superior games.
2. i played it and resistance is very bog standard shooter really. nothing special whatsoever, gears is the kind of shooter that sticks so much to the genre stereotypes yet manages to refresh them at the same time.
3. i love mgs and i will be very disappointed if it doesn't eventually get a 360 release, but as far as high profile exclusive games go, the two look just as good as each other right now.
4. ratchet is good, banjo is GREAT!

Accordion
May 9th, 2007, 16:30
1. yes you can compare, although the type of racing is different, forza and pgr are still far superior games.
2. i played it and resistance is very bog standard shooter really. nothing special whatsoever, gears is the kind of shooter that sticks so much to the genre stereotypes yet manages to refresh them at the same time.
3. i love mgs and i will be very disappointed if it doesn't eventually get a 360 release, but as far as high profile exclusive games go, the two look just as good as each other right now.
4. ratchet is good, banjo is GREAT!

1.motorstorm is unlike any other racer for any console... it really does not compare. its more of a fighting game than a standard racer.

2. Resistance ...meh, is what it is. it isnt trying to break boundaries, just gives you amazing weapons which make it worht while. again nothing compares to trying to hide from auger fire.

3.MGS4 will never be on the 360. and a genre defining series does not compare to a overhyped shooter.

4. Ratchet isnt really a platformer, its a shooter. and if you believe banjo will not suffer from rares situation then you are much mistaken.

5. Little Big Planet.

gdf
May 9th, 2007, 22:10
little big planet looks good actually, one of the few reasons to posess a ps3. :p!
MGS4 WILL be on 360, i just have to send mr h kojima death threats. ratchet IS aplatformer but with shooty bits included, much like jak ii (best not to mention 3 or X eh?) and banjo kazoiie is impossible to ruin. it is such a formulaic platformer but manages to be so good at the same time, so the same template works as long as you keep the level designs fresh.

SnesR0X
May 9th, 2007, 22:34
I screamed in joy when they offcialy announced Devil may Cry 4 for 360, I don't care if I don't get MGS4

The King
May 9th, 2007, 22:42
wtf DMC 4 for 360 boya another great game for an kik ass console

Shadowblind
May 9th, 2007, 23:26
Really, I played Resistance. To me, its like a Suped-up Call of Duty 2. Gears of War: I bought it 2 months ago, and I still play it online everyday.

There is no equal. Especially not Resistance.

MGS:PO...I don't know what it was about it. I just hated it. I'm not really a stealthy person though. If its like MGS4 I'm not missing much.

Wii: Decent Graphics, but Insane gameplay.
Xbox: Amazing Graphics, Insane Gameplay.
PS3: Amazing Graphics but Poor gameplay.

I guess I don't really care all THAT much about graphics then.

Really the only POSSIBLE reason I'd buy a PS# is if KH3 or another Klonoa game was an exclusive on it. KH3 is a possiblity, which makes me sad, but if the PS3 continues this path, maybe Enix will wise-up a bit.

quzar
May 10th, 2007, 02:11
This isn't exactly the situation, but this is usually how I take to these arguments (I of course, am the guy in the middle):

SnesR0X
May 10th, 2007, 03:05
that was spot-on

Gold Line
May 10th, 2007, 03:24
360 > ps3

joshisposer
May 10th, 2007, 08:32
I just look at how sony loses roughly 240$ every ps3 sold. Yet, they are still doing great, the games they have, even though like a year later start than 360, they have great games. Oblivion is better on the PS3. Also, they are thinking of lowering the price for PS3 because blu-ray is dominating hd-dvd and could be able to lower the price. The ps3 all the way for me, better cell, better performance, quieter and they didn't steal the motion sensitivity since it is completely different and they have it for the ps1 back in like 1999.

For me PS3. that rhymes :D

lmtlmt
May 10th, 2007, 09:20
yell said bro ^^^^^^

Triv1um
May 10th, 2007, 10:48
Indeed.

PS3 > xbox

White_Hawk_UK
May 10th, 2007, 15:13
I haven't either of them, but if I were to purchase one of them, it would be the PS3. I'd rather have a real next-gen console; with vastly superior specs and potential, it's a winner for me.

But then, I'm the sort of person who would rather buy the faster, better car than cry that it's not as good as a re-vamped Fiesta because it doesn't have electric windows...

Gold Line
May 10th, 2007, 15:37
wii >ps3

Xbox > ps3

Snes > ps3

Accordion
May 10th, 2007, 16:08
I haven't either of them, but if I were to purchase one of them, it would be the PS3. I'd rather have a real next-gen console; with vastly superior specs and potential, it's a winner for me.[...]

good point! i would also make a note of how quickly the original xbox disspeared from existence when the 360 was released [much like the gamecube]. Which doesnt look good for when the next iteration of the console is released, especially as it will arrive alot sooner than the next playstation, if only to try and keep up.

May 10th, 2007, 18:45
Sony announced it would cost $600
Sony shut-down Lik-Sang stopping the internet importing games with names like Super Happy Doujishisin: Type XX4! Gold Edition
All I want for X-Mas is a PSP
A supposed "poor" marketing scheme (thisisliving)
The games are poor ports of 360 games
Blu-ray is pointless
It's big
All the games are "brown" (Motorstorm)
Removed the Emotion Engine

Despite all these assumptions and arguments everyone makes, the PS3 is still shifting quite a few units everywhere and broke records in the UK for a launch weekend. So yeah, the PS3 is better.

ICE
May 10th, 2007, 19:07
Sony announced it would cost $600
Sony shut-down Lik-Sang stopping the internet importing games with names like Super Happy Doujishisin: Type XX4! Gold Edition
All I want for X-Mas is a PSP
A supposed "poor" marketing scheme (thisisliving)
The games are poor ports of 360 games
Blu-ray is pointless
It's big
All the games are "brown" (Motorstorm)
Removed the Emotion Engine

Despite all these assumptions and arguments everyone makes, the PS3 is still shifting quite a few units everywhere and broke records in the UK for a launch weekend. So yeah, the PS3 is better.

so your logic is that anything that breaks records is better?

if you look at what both systems have to offer right now the 360 is better. sure the ps3 is more powerful but 360 has way better games for now. wii that change? im thinking not much.

install base determines 3rd party support. look at GC for instance. was there really anything wrong with GC? not really... just no one had one which caused 3rd party support to stop..

basically sony needs to get a bigger install base NOW but since they literally cant drop the price that means expect more stuff like HOME and other gimmicks to try and get people to buy.

Gold Line
May 10th, 2007, 19:11
i had a GC :(

ICE
May 10th, 2007, 19:13
so did i. i still have one.. well its my sisters but its basically a melee and naruto clash of ninja machine now..

Gold Line
May 10th, 2007, 19:17
well i still have a GC too but i dont use it i play all my old GC games on my wii :)

ICE
May 10th, 2007, 19:19
yeah but my wii is in my room and the gc is in the living room where we have our 4-player DeAtH MATCHES!!! lol

Gold Line
May 10th, 2007, 19:20
i play melee 4 player but i always win and it gets boring

ICE
May 10th, 2007, 19:22
i play melee 4 player but i always win and it gets boring

lol yeah i pretty much own on melee too.

when SSBB comes out online we gotta play lol.

Gold Line
May 10th, 2007, 19:37
i would love to play someone who can match my skill :cool:

i still have you reg on my wii so when SSBB comes out i better be the first person you fight, lol

ICE
May 10th, 2007, 19:51
you got it but i must warn you. i fight cheap and dirty ;)

Shadowblind
May 10th, 2007, 19:53
wii >ps3

Xbox > ps3

Snes > ps3

Well said. You forgot

Gamegear > ps3

though. Truly, Oblivion on PS3 is painful...not bad though, but painful. Do they have expansion packs for the PS3 one? :confused:

Gold Line
May 10th, 2007, 19:58
Gamegear > ps3
how could i forget that *slaps head*

you got it but i must warn you. i fight cheap and dirty ;)
i hope my best cha (witch is ganondorf) will be in SSBB :D

Shadowblind
May 10th, 2007, 20:02
I'll rule all of ya with Sonic or Shadow in SSBB :D

Gold Line
May 10th, 2007, 20:04
Shadow wont be in SSBB i hope sonic is tho

and snake looks cool :D

SnesR0X
May 10th, 2007, 20:08
damn I want that game :p

Gold Line
May 10th, 2007, 20:09
damn I want that game :p

everyone wants SSBB :thumbup:

SnesR0X
May 10th, 2007, 20:10
only cause it'll rock your socks off!

ICE
May 10th, 2007, 20:10
early 08 or maybe sooner will make the begging on the age of the wii. just watch and see... you heard it here first..

SnesR0X
May 10th, 2007, 20:11
dude people are already begging for it

Gold Line
May 10th, 2007, 20:17
Charters in brawl

Mario
Samus (zero)
Samus (robot)
Link
Wario
Pit
Pikachu
Fox
Snake
Metal Knight
Kirby
Sonic (rumor)
Wind waker link (rumor)
baby bowser (rumor)
Ridly (rumor)

well there you go SSBB is gona rule!!!!!

SnesR0X
May 10th, 2007, 20:20
im pretty sure wind waker link is basicly official

omg 666!

Gold Line
May 10th, 2007, 20:23
yea but nintendo has not said anything about ww link so we have to treat it like a rumor

SnesR0X
May 10th, 2007, 20:57
true

ICE
May 10th, 2007, 20:59
how realistic is the sonic rumor? i mean how likely do you guys think it is?

Accordion
May 10th, 2007, 21:01
topic?

ICE
May 10th, 2007, 21:03
topic?

lol the topic died about 3 pages ago :rofl:

May 10th, 2007, 21:04
so your logic is that anything that breaks records is better?

if you look at what both systems have to offer right now the 360 is better. sure the ps3 is more powerful but 360 has way better games for now. wii that change? im thinking not much.

install base determines 3rd party support. look at GC for instance. was there really anything wrong with GC? not really... just no one had one which caused 3rd party support to stop..

basically sony needs to get a bigger install base NOW but since they literally cant drop the price that means expect more stuff like HOME and other gimmicks to try and get people to buy.

Breaking records technically means its better. Take an athlete, if he breaks a record, he is better. Simple enough?

The point I was trying to make was that despite all the negativity and bullshit, Sony have done the best they could. A 4 million + install base is pretty good, once the "gimmick" (:rolleyes: ) of Home comes out, LittleBigPlanet, Heavenly Sword and Lair, by the end of this year you'll see it do better.

You can't call something a failure after 7 months release in one area of the world and 2 months in another.

ICE
May 10th, 2007, 21:07
Breaking records technically means its better. Take an athlete, if he breaks a record, he is better. Simple enough?

The point I was trying to make was that despite all the negativity and bullshit, Sony have done the best they could. A 4 million + install base is pretty good, once the "gimmick" (:rolleyes: ) of Home comes out, LittleBigPlanet, Heavenly Sword and Lair, by the end of this year you'll see it do better.

You can't call something a failure after 7 months release in one area of the world and 2 months in another.

ok first dont talk down to me.

second breaking records doesnt mean its better. the wii is killing everything in sales but does that make it better?

third i didnt call it a failure because its too early to call. what i did say is that sony HAS to do something to increase install base or 3rd party support will go away and we all know that causes :( poor GC

SnesR0X
May 10th, 2007, 21:08
sonic, I don't think it's happening

May 10th, 2007, 21:12
ok first dont talk down to me.

second breaking records doesnt mean its better. the wii is killing everything in sales but does that make it better?

third i didnt call it a failure because its too early to call. what i did say is that sony HAS to do something to increase install base or 3rd party support will go away and we all know that causes :( poor GC

oh no TALKING DOWN TO YOU!? oh gosh i am so sorry i am going to hide now you have so many posts i am so scared

Third party support? Erm, the majority of games go to both the 360 and the PS3, but I agree that it does need more games. The Playstation Network is growing however, at a massive rate.

wolfpack
May 10th, 2007, 21:13
i say the 360 because it has a wider selection of games and because xbox live is so kickass. the only reason id buy a PS3 is for Metal Gear Solid 4, and a good Final Fantasy title.

ICE
May 10th, 2007, 21:16
oh no TALKING DOWN TO YOU!? oh gosh i am so sorry i am going to hide now you have so many posts i am so scared

ok look. all i asked is that you not talk down to me like im stupid like you were. i never threatened you or even said anything mean. i just nicely asked you not to do that.

if you cant give your opinion calmly and in a civilized way then just leave us here a DCEmu alone.

Gold Line
May 10th, 2007, 21:19
how realistic is the sonic rumor? i mean how likely do you guys think it is?

i think it has a 50 50 chance because mario and sonic have that sports game coming out

ICE
May 10th, 2007, 21:23
from what i read ninty asked sega and basically the ball is in their court.

SnesR0X
May 10th, 2007, 21:24
well, I don't know how easily sega is going to give up their golden goose to nintendo, remember, sega is co-making that game with nintendo, and SSB is supposed to be a first party title

May 10th, 2007, 21:24
ok look. all i asked is that you not talk down to me like im stupid like you were. i never threatened you or even said anything mean. i just nicely asked you not to do that.

if you cant give your opinion calmly and in a civilized way then just leave us here a DCEmu alone.

do you eat cheetos all day

yes or no

Gold Line
May 10th, 2007, 21:27
i want sonic in SSBB if sega says no to nintendo i will burn all of my soinc games :mad:

ICE
May 10th, 2007, 21:31
do you eat cheetos all day

yes or no

someones had a bit too many bumps on the head...

dont spam the threads.

gdf
May 10th, 2007, 21:58
well, after much reading i have come to 3 conclusions. make that 4.

360 rocks.
ps3 is not as good.
ssbb will rock.
i think sonic will be in ssbb.

Accordion
May 10th, 2007, 22:48
someones had a bit too many bumps on the head...

dont spam the threads.

!
spam!
talking downwards low!

both!

Gold Line
May 10th, 2007, 22:54
well, after much reading i have come to 3 conclusions. make that 4.

360 rocks.
ps3 is not as good.
ssbb will rock.
i think sonic will be in ssbb.

yep this thread was great lol

gdf
May 10th, 2007, 23:16
no 5 sony fanboys must die!

sfmd. much like my uncle says ammd (all mancs must die)

SFMD, NO SURRENDER!

SnesR0X
May 11th, 2007, 00:28
http://www.youtube.com/v/1OJ8nwG___k&mode=related&search=

Gold Line
May 11th, 2007, 00:36
if you did not watch that vid here it is in 2 words - Ps3 sucks

SnesR0X
May 11th, 2007, 00:40
everyone should watch

Gold Line
May 11th, 2007, 00:53
Dog crap > ps3

kcajblue
May 11th, 2007, 01:02
ps3 cost too much.

Shadowblind
May 11th, 2007, 03:46
http://www.youtube.com/v/1OJ8nwG___k&mode=related&search=

Whats so sad is that thats the truth :(

SnesR0X
May 11th, 2007, 03:55
it's good for me :D

those guys kick ass

ICE
May 11th, 2007, 04:04
ahh it cut off before they discussed the glorious wii..

anywho pretty much sounds like ps3 sucks no?

SnesR0X
May 11th, 2007, 04:06
only game I've seen that has impressed me sor far is Virtua Figher 5, and that's going to the 360

Gold Line
May 11th, 2007, 04:07
lets all sing a song

oh the ps3 sucks........

SnesR0X
May 11th, 2007, 04:11
http://youtube.com/v/GMVoaHTWFDs

Shadowblind
May 11th, 2007, 04:13
Lol, nice vid.

ICE
May 11th, 2007, 04:16
not that video again lol. its still funny though.

SnesR0X
May 11th, 2007, 04:16
indeed it is, and who the hell said 4-D graphics? o_0

Gold Line
May 11th, 2007, 04:22
i love that song l0l

lmtlmt
May 11th, 2007, 07:12
lets all sing a song

oh the ps3 sucks........

the ps3 does not suck, none of the next gen consoles suck. man xbox fanboys keep saying all this shit when the ps3 fanboys dont have to keep saying so much shit and badmouthing other consoles, it means u are insecure about your console choice. cant you just accept people like the ps3 and enjoy playing it? is that so hard to understand? just shut up and get over it.

mnuhaily22
May 11th, 2007, 07:37
PS3 for me, because I don't want a console that is bound to get the red lights, it's happened way 2 many times for me...

SnesR0X
May 11th, 2007, 07:49
the ps3 does not suck, none of the next gen consoles suck. man xbox fanboys keep saying all this shit when the ps3 fanboys dont have to keep saying so much shit and badmouthing other consoles, it means u are insecure about your console choice. cant you just accept people like the ps3 and enjoy playing it? is that so hard to understand? just shut up and get over it.

in our opinion we think it does indeed suck, in your opinion you do not think it sucks. that's it. we clear?

gdf
May 11th, 2007, 09:07
i'll continue gl's song:

ps3 sucks it's really fookin' balls
it is shit and it can eat my balls
i dunno why it's so fookin' balls
mybe it's just so tot'ly baaaaaaaallls.

lmtlmt
May 11th, 2007, 09:08
in our opinion we think it does indeed suck, in your opinion you do not think it sucks. that's it. we clear?ok your entitled to your opinion but i dont understand how you can say it sucks, i can understand you saying you think x360 is better but i cannot understand how you can say ps3 sucks, again you can say you dislike or hate it but dont say it sucks just cause you dont like it. that's it. we clear?

gdf
May 11th, 2007, 09:11
ok you like it, we hate it with an undying passion reserved only for the hatred of such things. i was gonna say this is in junk but i got confused with the other thread! hence the spam post above ^^^

SnesR0X
May 11th, 2007, 16:35
ok your entitled to your opinion but i dont understand how you can say it sucks, i can understand you saying you think x360 is better but i cannot understand how you can say ps3 sucks, again you can say you dislike or hate it but dont say it sucks just cause you dont like it. that's it. we clear?

the thing is I don't care when people say OMFG 360 sux0rs, or the wii is two gamecubes duct-taped together, I just want everyone to be entitled to their opinion. reasons of it's sucking are included in the diggnation video two pages ago

May 11th, 2007, 16:38
xbox 360 feels really cheap and poorly made (and is)

the ps3 feels like its made with love and dedication and perfectly handcrafted to make everyone unique

SnesR0X
May 11th, 2007, 16:40
unique? how could you possibly come up with that?
if it sells as much as it aims to, then that's the complete opposite of what you just said

Gold Line
May 11th, 2007, 16:46
the ps3 looks and plays cheap

ICE
May 11th, 2007, 17:39
ive played a few ps3 games and they dont impress me. not even graphically. i mean they basically made the draw distance better but not much else.

i hate microsoft but as of now they have the better product.

PROVE ME WRONG.

Gold Line
May 11th, 2007, 17:43
PROVE ME WRONG.

no one can

SnesR0X
May 11th, 2007, 17:47
ICE, what with the micro hate?

Accordion
May 11th, 2007, 17:47
for a minute, i thought this was the gamefaqs ps3 console discussion forums...

Gold Line
May 11th, 2007, 17:50
xbox 360 is ok i want one after i get my ds

White_Hawk_UK
May 11th, 2007, 18:00
I'll repeat: I would chosoe the PS3 over the XBox360...

...but I think it is both immature and pointless to rant on like some pre-pubescent fanboy about how the XBox360 (or inversely, should I have chosen otherwise) 'sucks'...

...so I won't.

Gold Line
May 11th, 2007, 18:03
i like the wii better than both of them wii rules!

SnesR0X
May 11th, 2007, 18:18
I'll repeat: I would chosoe the PS3 over the XBox360...

...but I think it is both immature and pointless to rant on like some pre-pubescent fanboy about how the XBox360 (or inversely, should I have chosen otherwise) 'sucks'...

...so I won't.

then why bother posting in this thread at all?:thumbup:

Shadowblind
May 11th, 2007, 18:52
Unanswerable questions. Like why did $ony$ go $o money hungry$?

ICE
May 11th, 2007, 19:01
if everyone would step back and look at the entire ps3 vs. 360 picture you can CLEARLY see that the 360 is the better product. the ps3 does more but the bloody blue-ray drive could very well be the death of ps3.. its just too much $$$ for something that no one really wants.. remove the drive and voila! the ps3 is cheap.

myself, i have no reason to like one more because i dont have either. i have however played both several times and i know their games and what they have to offer.

SnesR0X
May 11th, 2007, 19:01
the corporations man, that's all they are!

Accordion
May 11th, 2007, 19:05
the corporations man, that's all they are!

all three

ICE
May 11th, 2007, 19:06
all three

indeed. i take the lesser of 3 evils..

Gold Line
May 11th, 2007, 19:10
blue ray is the biggest load of crap ever.

May 11th, 2007, 19:16
blue ray is the biggest load of crap ever.

Where do you get that blatantly stupid idea from?

Gold Line
May 11th, 2007, 19:18
Where do you get that blatantly stupid idea from?

from the ps3

May 11th, 2007, 19:41
from the ps3

were you born this way or have solvents been involved?

ICE
May 11th, 2007, 19:43
so wait you think blue-ray is good? were you also in favor of the beta-max?

May 11th, 2007, 20:22
so wait you think blue-ray is good? were you also in favor of the beta-max?

yeah, i think Blu-ray is a very good format

never even seen a beta-max irl

SnesR0X
May 11th, 2007, 20:26
it holds a lot, but the loading times are crap, framerate issues, the works. plus, im not ready to move to another format of movies yet, dvd looks good as it is

Gold Line
May 11th, 2007, 20:27
blue-ray is stupid and thats the bottom line

May 11th, 2007, 20:30
it holds a lot, but the loading times are crap, framerate issues, the works. plus, im not ready to move to another format of movies yet, dvd looks good as it is

framerate issues aren't just Blu-ray, its porting a game from a unified architecture to a completely segmented one

blu-ray is actually very fast, its just the internet blew something an Oblibion dev said out of proportion and now everyone thinks otherwise

SnesR0X
May 11th, 2007, 20:34
look at tony hawk 8 on the ps3

BAD FRAME

May 11th, 2007, 20:36
look at tony hawk 8 on the ps3

BAD FRAME

like i said, it was ported from a unified architecture to a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT ONE

it wasn't even scratching the surface of what the playstation can do, instead the dev's are lazy and make half arsed ports

SnesR0X
May 11th, 2007, 20:40
while that's true that the ports are not fine-tuned, it's not really a reason to buy the system

Gold Line
May 11th, 2007, 20:40
ps3 and blue-ray are crap why must you try and prove us wrong?

May 11th, 2007, 20:42
ps3 and blue-ray are crap why must you try and prove us wrong?

who said anything about proving you wrong

im just giving you the facts

SnesR0X
May 11th, 2007, 20:45
I will buy I ps3, as I am a gaming whore, but i will buy it in several years, and used, so that sony make no profit.

May 11th, 2007, 20:46
yeah that'll show sony you're the man now dog

ICE
May 11th, 2007, 20:46
i just dont think that the ps3 has anywhere NEAR enough stuff i want or need to pay that much money.

ps3 is sony's plan to force their new format down our throats. the sad part is that the ps3 is as cheap as it can be with all that crap piled into it..

Gold Line
May 11th, 2007, 20:48
lol i loved sony but now there ps3 sucks so bad i want them all to burn in hell haha!

May 11th, 2007, 20:54
lol i loved sony but now there ps3 sucks so bad i want them all to burn in hell haha!

so if you could actually line up the entire sony team you would willingly throw them into a fiery pit for an eternity?

i think we Seung-Hui Cho part 2 right here

i just dont think that the ps3 has anywhere NEAR enough stuff i want or need to pay that much money.

i agree, i have a ps3 and im very disappointed with the lack of content at the moment. ive bought it for future potential, which it has by the bag full

ICE
May 11th, 2007, 20:57

took it too far lol.

Gold Line
May 11th, 2007, 20:58
o_0 are rep dots have gone

dejkirkby
May 11th, 2007, 21:04
I will buy a PS3, but not cause I am a Sony fan, but for Ratchet and Clank and GTA IV.

Gold Line
May 11th, 2007, 21:07
i think GTA IV will be on 360 as well

dejkirkby
May 11th, 2007, 21:11
I believe it will be GL, but Ratchet and Clank will not!

Gold Line
May 11th, 2007, 21:12
lol, i dont know what Ratchet and Clank is.

dejkirkby
May 11th, 2007, 21:18
http://www.insomniacgames.com/community/downloads/RC3/wallpapers/ratchet_800.jpg

Gold Line
May 11th, 2007, 21:22
nope never heard of it.
looks kinda cool.

splodger15
May 11th, 2007, 21:24
I have always preferred a Sony console to a Microsoft Console.

SnesR0X
May 11th, 2007, 21:36
whys be that

splodger15
May 11th, 2007, 21:59
I have always had a Sony console in the house never a Microsoft one

lmtlmt
May 12th, 2007, 02:04
finally someone with some sense

SnesR0X
May 12th, 2007, 05:02
finally someone with some sense

ha, good one.

baracki96
May 12th, 2007, 05:19
The Wii, 360, and PS3 are on a par in my book. They each have flaws and benefits that put them at equal. My console of choice from day to day would be the 360 though, simply because the library of games for the system is eccentric enough that I'm not limited to just a few genres b my console choice, as is the case with the Wii and PS3.

Gold Line
May 12th, 2007, 05:19
yea very funny

here is a 2nd joke: ps3 rules :rofl:

Shadowblind
May 12th, 2007, 05:23
You idiots, the PS3 is OBVIOUSLY better then the 360 and Wii :mad:

Just look here, you'll see!
Why the PS3 is better then 360, Wii
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=62958

SnesR0X
May 12th, 2007, 07:49
good show

kcajblue
May 12th, 2007, 08:55
dont really care which is better.
and i dont know what better is to you.
better to me isnt graphics and stuff like that.

thats why i prefer the wii.

SnesR0X
May 12th, 2007, 09:00
I like good graphics and good gameplay :D

lmtlmt
May 12th, 2007, 09:39
which ps3 has both of :D

gdf
May 12th, 2007, 10:05
as does the 360, but with much better games and much cheaper :)

lmtlmt
May 12th, 2007, 10:14
i didtn say the 360 didnt, and ofcours it has better games "now" because it got a 1 year head start.

gdf
May 12th, 2007, 10:19
well that is sony's fault. anyway most people just get ps3 becuse they have always bought sony. "Well i had a ps1 then a ps2 so i'll just stick with the ps3".

they let their mild fanboyism cloud their judgement. Just because a console is sony doesn't mean it is in any way superior. also why do sony fanboys accuse people with other opinions to their own of fanboyism whilst denying their own inherent fanboyism AT THE SAME TIME!

gamerremag
May 12th, 2007, 15:10
yay! i love these kinds of threads.....

what are we debating about ps3 and 360 (wii is off on the side, waiting for MP: C or SM: G to come out)

are we debating price, techs, design, or overall ?

price point wise, it depends on what you are going to do with your system. If you have a hd tv, and you plan on buy next gen dvds, then i would get the ps3. If you are just trying to find a way to get decent games for a cheap system, id get the 360. the main reason i got my ps3 was because:
1. BLU-RAY B**CH (hd dvd player costs 200 USDs, and the size of the disk is only aroud 3 times as much as a standard dvd, while blu ray is about 6 times [30gb vs 60gb])
2. Exclusive games (socom, tekken, MGS, jak and daxter, motorstorm, ratchet and clank, syphon filter, ect)
3. I have a hd tv in my room (720p native, but works with 1080i)
4.tilt (sony settled an agreement with the company that owns the dual shock technology, so we will have rumble in the future)
5. Free wireless networking (extra 100 USDs if you want that for 360)
6. Free web browsing
7. No online charges (no xbox live scams)
8.easyness of the xmb (the layers on the 360 are so anoying)
9. Full hd quality
10. ability to run different operating systems on it (this is supported by sony, so its not homebrew/hacking)
11. HOME!!!!!!!

but to top it all off, i know that the system is complete, there isnt anything that i can see worth updating.

oh, what color is the new xbox 360, is it BLACK?!?! I WONDER WHERE THEY GOT THAT COLOR FROM!! HEY LOOK THEY ADDED A HDMI PORT, TO BAD I ALLREADY HAVE THAT WITH PS3!!!!
Oh, and i have an article that i got from game informer, and it said that microsoft signed a deal with another company, stating that it also was going to use tilt.

now that pricepoint is done, lets do techs:

im not to good with deciphering through graphic card specs...but i have read through various magazines (mosly PSM....but they had a xbox representative to make the comparison between the 360 and the ps3 not look so bad) but what i read was that the graphics card for the PS3 was higher than the 360 (i believe it was in processing power, not MiB) but that the difference was so little, it is hardly worth noting.

the main processing unit for the ps3 is made up of one core unit (CELL) and it has six branching micro cores off of it. These micro cores are important to bring down the stress on the main core, allowing the ps3 to do more functioning without it slowing down. all are running 3.2 ghz

The processing unit for the 360 is a processor called the Xenon and it is made up of three cores making it less powerful than the ps3. still, all cores are running at 3.2 ghz.

uh, design is just whatever you like. i still think its funny on how microsoft just happened to pick black for the "best" xbox.

overall, i guess its just really what you are going to do with it. if you are just going to sit down a few times a week, get a 360. If you are die hard, love more than 10 exclusives ( who even likes fable?), and want the most for your money (the 360 does cost more in the long run) get a ps3 (60gb, 20gb is not so good)

gdf
May 12th, 2007, 17:43
360 i would say has more exclusives and is the systemn of the hardcore more than ps3. thanks at least for making some valid points and not just defending every aspect of the system blindly like a fanboy. a lot of chavs who play only fifa are getting the ps3 because they have just always used sony. these are the real casual gamers.

quzar
May 12th, 2007, 17:46
oh, what color is the new xbox 360, is it BLACK?!?! I WONDER WHERE THEY GOT THAT COLOR FROM!! HEY LOOK THEY ADDED A HDMI PORT, TO BAD I ALLREADY HAVE THAT WITH PS3!!!!

-snip-

uh, design is just whatever you like. i still think its funny on how microsoft just happened to pick black for the "best" xbox.

You do realize that almost every single console has beein either black or grey/white/silver right?

Gold Line
May 12th, 2007, 17:51
so what if the 360 is in black all consoles are in black why must you try and bring the 360 and wii down?

gdf
May 12th, 2007, 17:59
yeah i suppose the orignal xbox was THE black console (never liked it though)

ICE
May 12th, 2007, 18:04
why the crap bring up color?

the wii is white and thats the color of purity so its better!

color is irrelevant.

SnesR0X
May 12th, 2007, 18:29
my WHITE wii and 360 are very sexy, thank you very much.
I could care less about blu-ray and HD-DVD, but when I am ready to switch, it will be cheaper than 200, which is cheap for HD-DVD anyways
I absolutely had to get a 360 anyway, mainly because of Dead Rising, Gears, and eventually Halo. Now that I can, I'm getting Devil May Cry for it, when I thought I had to get a ps3 for it.
So far there is no word on when the next console based Kingdom hearts game is coming out, but if it is ps3-only I will buy it

gamerremag
May 12th, 2007, 19:55
im case modding my wii..... i wish there were more colors than black... anyone know were i can find some other colors?

Gold Line
May 12th, 2007, 19:59
the wii is white and thats the color of purity so its better!

amen to that :thumbup:

Triv1um
May 12th, 2007, 20:08
Yeah, i think the white wii colour is awesome.

The white xbox colour always looks dirty.

I wish they done a glossy white ps3 :(

SSaxdude
May 12th, 2007, 20:41
Xbox 360:
better games (I really don't care about FFXIII)
I'm tired of Sony for many reasons
Blu-Ray is a quick HD fix, but nothing special (same with HD DVD)
I can buy a 360 and Wii for about the same price as a PS3
They are about equal in power
According to developers, the 360 is easier to develop for

May 12th, 2007, 20:53
They are about equal in power

They aren't equal in power, PS3 is more powerful. The information is out there, check out the Beyond3D forums, its all straight from developers who work with these consoles

ICE
May 12th, 2007, 21:00
yep ps3 is actually significantly more powerful and also significantly more difficult to make games for.

lmtlmt
May 13th, 2007, 10:28
the ps3 is going to be available in white and silver.

gdf
May 13th, 2007, 12:01
but then you if you already have one you are hardly going to rebuy...

anyhoo yes the ps3 is more powerful but are developers caring and actually using that power? not one bit. the 360 so far has better looking games because the developers have almost a full handle on its power so will have more control over what they do with their games, wheras the ps3 has lots of excess power that isn't being used up because developers don't want/need to use it.

May 13th, 2007, 12:26
Developers are ****ing lazy

Triv1um
May 13th, 2007, 12:36
Well it is meant to be really hard to program for the cell processer.

So if its hard it takes longer = more money = more money for game = devs wont make.

That is the only down side i can think of about the ps3 games.

gdf
May 13th, 2007, 12:37
well that is their problem so get a 360 so really you get the one with what looks like the best power because it is better utilised! :)

SnesR0X
May 13th, 2007, 17:29
Developers are ****ing lazy

or maybe they cannot make a good game because they use all of their money, since sony screwed them over

gamerremag
May 13th, 2007, 18:17
Or The Marketplace Is Being Abused!!!!!!!!!!

SnesR0X
May 13th, 2007, 19:48
Or The Marketplace Is Being Abused!!!!!!!!!!

by sony perhaps? I think that's a yes

May 13th, 2007, 19:58
by sony perhaps? I think that's a yes

said SnesR0X, as he masturbated to the latest penny arcade comic

Shadowblind
May 13th, 2007, 20:05

Post reported. This isn't JUNK.

Gold Line
May 13th, 2007, 20:05

why say that? its just stupid

May 13th, 2007, 20:09

wuh-oh!

Shadowblind
May 13th, 2007, 20:19
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=feTh6QWs-Xo

There. Those are all solid facts. Ignore the title of the movie, its immature. But the movie itself is solid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWjQ7c2T54Y
Heres another I found. This one seems legit and often quotes the sources.

SnesR0X
May 13th, 2007, 20:24

thank you. pull up your pants 808

Gold Line
May 13th, 2007, 20:26
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=feTh6QWs-Xo

There. Those are all solid facts. Ignore the title of the movie, its immature. But the movie itself is solid.

thats a load of lies the ps3 did not sell that much in the uk :mad:

Shadowblind
May 13th, 2007, 20:31
I updated the post with another vid.

Gold Line
May 13th, 2007, 20:35
that one is better true facts why the wii and 360 are better than the ps3

Shadowblind
May 13th, 2007, 20:38
I just thought of something--since Devil May Cry 4 is for the 360 as well, since FF13 and MGS4 are coming late '08, im wondering if Epic would have made Gears of War 2! If that happens....Then the impact of MGS4 and FF13 put together, at BEST, would be the same as Gears of War 2! :whoa...:

Wouldnt it be awesome if Nintendo and Microsoft joine and made the Wiibox720?

Think---astounding original gameplay mixed with incredible innovation, controls with enough financial backing to make their console nice, cheap and affordable and all of Nintendo and Microsoft's huge amount of exclusives...

May 13th, 2007, 20:43
it's old though, it still talks about how the 360's graphics card is better, its not

Gold Line
May 13th, 2007, 20:44
good idea but lets stop and think about it

nintendo + Microsoft = best game con ever!

nintendo + Microsoft = not going to happen :(

SnesR0X
May 13th, 2007, 20:47
it's old though, it still talks about how the 360's graphics card is better, its not

nobody here cares about your opinion anymore

Shadowblind
May 13th, 2007, 20:48

Don't make me bring the Resistance and Gears pics back in here too :p

@Gold line: Yeah I know, but we can dream right? :)

Gold Line
May 13th, 2007, 20:50

nobody here cares about your opinion anymore

yea 808 you say the same thing over and over just stop posting crap :mad:

May 13th, 2007, 20:56
Figures wise, the 360's graphics card is better. The Playstation 3's RSX however, works together with the Cell to create an extremely powerful graphics architecture.

You're only telling me to shut-up because the only things you can use in your arguments with are YouTube links

Shadowblind
May 13th, 2007, 20:59
Hey, I never told you to shut up. I respect all gamers, despite their choice of system. I respect you as much as I respect myself, gold line and everyone else. :)

As for that thought, if used to its potential, both the 360 and PS3 would be on par. However, due to the fact that it is very hard to program for Cell, most graphics must be dimmed down so that making the games for the PS3 can be, mostly humanly possible.

May 13th, 2007, 21:07
Hey, I never told you to shut up. I respect all gamers, despite their choice of system. I respect you as much as I respect myself, gold line and everyone else. :)

As for that thought, if used to its potential, both the 360 and PS3 would be on par. However, due to the fact that it is very hard to program for Cell, most graphics must be dimmed down so that making the games for the PS3 can be, mostly humanly possible.

Most (I'm stressing most here, please don't bring up Splinter Cell for the love of god) 360 ports to the Playstation 3 so far have been similar or on par.

Think about that for a minute - a console which is extremely hard to develop for, had a poor devkit to start with, had developers learning as they go along is STILL putting out titles which are in line with the console they were made for.

SnesR0X
May 13th, 2007, 21:07
I'm telling you to shut up because of you attitude, which seems to be that there are no real faults in the PS3, which of course there are many. I love all consoles, they make their own to to either fail or be a huge success. The only reason I criticize any of them has solely to do with their price, and if they are worthy of a purchase at the price they ask. 700 Canadian dollars for something that is not as good as my 360 is not worth it until the price drops, and many more games come out. Also, youtube helps people who don't like to read with pretty pictures, just to help you understand. The comment earlier was uncalled for, and just so you know, I have never read Penney Arcade.

May 13th, 2007, 21:11
Why do you get so defensive when I call you out on something the PS3 does better than the 360?

Gold Line
May 13th, 2007, 21:16
just stop this nobody here likes the ps3 so just stop talking about how "great" it is

May 13th, 2007, 21:19
I like the PS3

Gold Line
May 13th, 2007, 21:20
so what! we like the wii and 360 better

May 13th, 2007, 21:23
my dads stronger than yooooooour dad

Gold Line
May 13th, 2007, 21:28
go away. that was just stupid

May 13th, 2007, 21:29
Sorry, just bringing myself to your level

Gold Line
May 13th, 2007, 21:32
you think you smart dont you

Shadowblind
May 13th, 2007, 21:43
Ok both of you shut up. I dont want 808 banned, and I don't want Gold Line banned again. No flames, got it?

ICE
May 13th, 2007, 21:56
quite being immature.

Gold Line
May 13th, 2007, 22:00
i was not going to start a fight i was just saying 808 was being a bit stupid to say thos things