PDA

View Full Version : Sony gaining on Nintendo in Australia

JKKDARK
May 9th, 2007, 02:25
via PlayStation Universe
(http://www.psu.com/node/10655)
It seems Sony has been the receiver of good news lately, and the latest comes in the form of Australia sales figured for the PlayStation 3. Despite being released three months after the Nintendo Wii, Sony has sold only 1,000 units less. Gaming site, gamer.blorge.com reports that as of last quarter, Sony has sold 27,000 PlayStation 3s down under.

Sony's latest console has also been the largest revenue generator compared to the Nintendo Wii and the Microsoft Xbox 360, pulling in AUS$27 million. However, critics argue that although the PlayStation 3 remains a massive revenue generator, Nintendo is the only console maker which is making a profit on each unit sold.

Given that the PlayStation 3 has only been on Australian shores for a little over a month, it is still too early to predict if it will end up being a success, however, if sales figures are any indication, Sony is off to a good start to dominating the world gaming market once again.

Abgoj
May 9th, 2007, 09:10
Good news for sony, and sony fans. Lets see if they can pull ahead of nintendo in aussie console units sold. :)

Kramer
May 9th, 2007, 10:27
It's a damn shame I tells ya.

JKKDARK
May 9th, 2007, 13:30
It's a damn shame I tells ya.

Shame on you! Don't buy a PS3 again, Kramer

gdf
May 9th, 2007, 13:42
wii deserves to do better than ps3.

Kramer
May 9th, 2007, 13:58
Shame on you! Don't buy a PS3 again, Kramer

huh?:confused:

I mean it's a shame that there is so many people that are buying PS3's only to be dissapointed.

Shadowblind
May 9th, 2007, 14:39
Wonder how much Sony paid to have this written.

valar
May 9th, 2007, 17:09
i like nintendo.plenty of good gameplay but most of the games are made for kids.sony is more diverse and that's what i love about it.wii,x360,ps3 have good and bad games.let's get all consoles then...and a nice fast new pc with geforce8800

Basil Zero
May 9th, 2007, 17:34
Wonder how much Sony paid to have this written.

Maybe 0 dollars, because its true:rofl:

Congrats for sony:thumbup:

stedaman
May 9th, 2007, 17:44
No surprise really.

Lack of wii consoles = frustration = tendancy to buy other console = regret.

eatnooM
May 9th, 2007, 19:40
Lack of oxygen to brain=idiocy=fanboyism

"I can't wait a little while to get the cheapest console which appeals to me most, so lets get the most expensive, which I didn't want anyway!"

Nope, somehow, I just don't see that being the case.

iceman100
May 9th, 2007, 20:25
Lol yeah right the world take a look at it in japan.

stedaman
May 10th, 2007, 20:25
Lack of oxygen to brain=idiocy=fanboyism

"I can't wait a little while to get the cheapest console which appeals to me most, so lets get the most expensive, which I didn't want anyway!"

Nope, somehow, I just don't see that being the case.

Well your obviously not clued up on the whole situation.

There isnt enough wii's to supply demand, that's a fact. The waiting isnt exactly "a little while" is it.
A few months (if your lucky) wait while in that time with a bit more cash, the choice of the ps3 or xbox360 looks more appealing doesn't it.

Ohh and the source...Playstation Universe ;)

So for your initiative use of my point, in the end , you look silly.

But it's ok, your lack of intelligence makes me smile :)

eatnooM
May 10th, 2007, 21:42
Well your obviously not clued up on the whole situation.

There isnt enough wii's to supply demand, that's a fact. The waiting isnt exactly "a little while" is it.
A few months (if your lucky) wait while in that time with a bit more cash, the choice of the ps3 or xbox360 looks more appealing doesn't it.

Ohh and the source...Playstation Universe ;)

So for your initiative use of my point, in the end , you look silly.

But it's ok, your lack of intelligence makes me smile :)

Correct, I know nothing of this as I am neither Australian nor interested in purchasing a next-gen console.

I don't see how this reflects a lack of intelligence, rather ignorance of the situation. So please forgive me, O mighty console guru, for interpreting your statement, which, need I add, claims that anyone who buys a PS3 over a Wii will regret it, as that of a 12-year old fanboy that felt the need to justify the possibility of anybody touching Nintendo in terms of sales.

stedaman
May 10th, 2007, 23:17
Maybe I shouldn't have added regret.

Ofcourse not all people who buy a ps3 over a wii will regret it.

I_Highway
May 11th, 2007, 00:35
Although no numbers were shown, the first sales month canīt be a good sample for any kind of serious research. And even the second.

Many people want to buy a ps3, just like many people bought a xbox360 when launched. The same hapenned in Europe as a whole, and probably in many countries.

We also must consider that Autralia is not a huge market (ok, forget it, I must admit I am a little bit envy, because in my country only the xbox 360 was officialy launched, costing almost US$ 1500,00).

Anyway, sony will always sell well, at least for its past games. But needs good games to make ps3 worth what it costs, and in this aspect, Nintendo is showing more value.

But I think I still would have bought a new-generation SEGA console... :p