PDA

View Full Version : PSP Player WIP News - PSP Emulator for WIndows

wraggster
May 9th, 2007, 06:44
Noxa (http://forums.ps2dev.org/viewtopic.php?t=8311) has posted a new screenshot and info about his WIP PSP Emulator for WIndows:

http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/PspPlayer-2007.05.07.04-PuzzleBobble.JPG

First commercial game :) There are a few things missing, like the guide lines while playing, but other than that it works! Speed is pretty good, but is being held back by some bad OpenGL code and probably some game-instructed waits that are taking too long. I actually listen when the game says 'pause for this amount of time' - maybe I should only wait for half the time requested or something. My CPU sits almost idle while playing.

Coming along nicely it seems.

SnesR0X
May 9th, 2007, 06:49
wow, that's great. hope this stuff keeps coming

sourced
May 9th, 2007, 06:50
i can see it now. once this psp emulator is completed at 100% with absolutely no bugs and full speed and all the other stuff, people wont even buy psp's and theyd just download the emulator and rip off iso's from the internet and play on their pc's. the end of the psp as we know it.

IamAbe
May 9th, 2007, 07:05
great news! this'll be great for testing/debugging homebrew :D. keep it up!

i can see it now. once this psp emulator is completed at 100% with absolutely no bugs and full speed and all the other stuff, people wont even buy psp's and theyd just download the emulator and rip off iso's from the internet and play on their pc's. the end of the psp as we know it.

you know thats not true. gameboy/advance emulators didn't hurt sales because they're prortable. same goes for psp, being able to play games on your computer at home wont make you play less on-the-go.

edit: is there a compiled binary anywhere?

Balthasar00
May 9th, 2007, 07:11
Wow ! Nice stuff!

I wonder what it would looks like to play a snes game with snestyl for psp with this psp emulator for windows. :P Im fuzzy..

jinqui242
May 9th, 2007, 07:30
Hmm, I will play around with this, but I prefer my PSP to be portable.

bah
May 9th, 2007, 12:44
PlayStationary Portable

BloodLust8
May 9th, 2007, 12:55
I think I'll stick to my psp.

After all the whole idea is to have a portable device.

JKKDARK
May 9th, 2007, 13:23
i want to play puyo puyo fever!

tyranos
May 9th, 2007, 13:39
why are u people saying this as a way to play isos it s great work from the guy/guys who did and if it works very well(at some point it will ) people could port other pc /ps2/dreamcast/opengl applications and test them on the emulator without even having a psp just because they can now .. just wait and see ,

eatnooM
May 9th, 2007, 16:20
There has been a program that runs homebrew EBOOTs for some while, PSPE, though its functionality is a bit limited and from what I've heard.

Also, by what factor do you think ISO users outnumber developers, more specifically non-Lua PSP coders without a PSP sat in front of them? I'm thinking double digits, perhaps more.

That said, I'm looking forward to this program's development, be nice to run Me and my Katamari when someone's looted my PSP :]

Cokemusic
May 9th, 2007, 16:31

The whole point of being the PSP is that it's portable as you can take around with you.

aries2k4
May 9th, 2007, 17:07
I agree, but this is great for testing and stuff. could be great for devs.
nice work either way.

Basil Zero
May 9th, 2007, 17:19
wow, where is this emulator popping up and why all of a sudden lol

eatnooM
May 9th, 2007, 17:44
Rather a release with no pre-hype than hype with no release. :]

Buddy4point0
May 9th, 2007, 19:58
this is great! muy bueno!

GPF
May 11th, 2007, 19:13
excellent job noxa

Just got it compiled cool to see psptris and trigwars running, not really sure of the keyboard controls yet though :)

I don't know how to rip Puzzle Bobble to test it, but not really caring about running commercial games, I want it for homebrew deving :)

Troy(GPF)
http://gpf.dcemu.co.uk

wraggster
May 11th, 2007, 19:25
from a developers point of view this could be a real killer app for the PSP Scene :)