PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy IV DS Confirmed

wraggster
May 9th, 2007, 22:19
via kotaku (http://kotaku.com/gaming/cecil-b--deformed/kotaku-magu-final-fantasy-iv-ds-confirmed-259068.php)

Well here's one rumor that got confirmed pretty damn quickly. A reader sent us in a scan from Japanese magazine Shonen Jump, confirming that a Final Fantasy IV (2 stateside) 3D remake is in the works for the DS.

http://kotaku.com/assets/resources/2007/05/shonenffivscan-thumb.jpg

I know I should be impressed by Cecil's new 3D look, but it's giving me this odd sort of Viewtiful Joe vibe. Honestly I don't think this game needed to be remade. It was perfect as it was and this...this just feels wrong. Like meeting a cute young girl who sounds exactly like your grandmother when she talks. Disturbing.

shadoweski
May 9th, 2007, 22:34
that was quick conformation and is great news. damn. Too many final fantasy games to wait for!

sorry final fantasy is never too many ;)

waitin for:
xii rev wings
xiii and the spin offs
vii crisis core
final fantasy Dissidia
and now a four remake

here square enix. take my wallet

Junixx
May 9th, 2007, 23:01
:D The remake of the 3rd one was good, but I got bored of it, the fourth one is alot better :)

JKKDARK
May 9th, 2007, 23:48
another kick ass title for the ds :D

kcajblue
May 10th, 2007, 01:45
this is one of the best final fantasy games.

ShinMike
May 10th, 2007, 03:51
this is one of the best final fantasy games.

I soo agree that :thumbup:

Balthasar00
May 10th, 2007, 04:28
yep, with FF V & VI. Golden ages of Squaresoft.

kcajblue
May 10th, 2007, 05:15
i beat it on the snes.
then it came out for the gba and i was like I GOTTA HAVE THIS.
then i beat it on the gba too.
it was awesome.
and now
its gonna be more awesome on the ds. :D

F2bnp
May 10th, 2007, 05:39
My friend bought for the GBA this summer and we were crazy with it for a while.We played all day.It is actually a great game.And now a remake?Whoohooo!
So any release dates :P?

sabernet
May 10th, 2007, 05:56
Indeed. Cecil does look a tad bit....odd.

But all in all, looking forward to this one. Still hoping they'll do an actual decent remake of FFVI at some point(the GBA one made me angry).

kcajblue
May 10th, 2007, 07:15
lol. if you didnt notice.
all of the characters from the final fantasy games look odd.

Tegamal
May 10th, 2007, 13:09
This has always been my favorite storyline of all the Final Fantasy games, so this one is a must have for me.

Buddy4point0
May 10th, 2007, 16:01
yum! cell shaded anime graphics! and another great remake on nds. i cant wait till they get to FFIX if they ever do.

Sonicboy 101
May 10th, 2007, 16:03
yay!
FFIV rocks, so I can't wait for this!

geise69
May 10th, 2007, 20:38
I don't know why my post got deleted, but again I'll say just because it's 3d doesn't make it better. I love FF3 for the DS and FFIV is one of my favorites. I don't really care for the 3D look on the DS. I feel they could've done a better job using higher res 2D sprites like with pseudo 3d in FF I and II for the psp. Plus this game is so good it really doesn't need a remake.

redsyrup
May 11th, 2007, 04:31
I for one am elated