PDA

View Full Version : Gallery: D&D Tactics PSP

wraggster
May 9th, 2007, 22:22
via kotaku (http://kotaku.com/gaming/i-cast-magic-missile/gallery-dd-tactics-psp-259040.php)

I have to say I'd be much more excited about Dungeon & Dragons: Tactics for the PSP if it utilized the beloved 1st and 2nd edition rules I grew up with, rather than the jumbled mess that 3 and 3.5 turned out to be. Heck, I was still getting used to 2 when 3 came out. Call me old-fashioned, but back in my day a Paladin with an AC of 17 was either stupid or had just had an unfortunate run-in with a rust monster.

For those of you unfamiliar with Dungeons and Dragons, I shall translate: They've screwed up the game since I used to play it - humorous anecdote.

Despite the ruined nostalgia factor, there is a certain allure to having grid-based D&D battles at my fingertips. The promise of alignment making an actual difference in gameplay is certainly novel, and the promise of downloadable content has a lot of potential. Well see when the game hits next month. For now, check out nine new screens of square dancing goodness.

Screens Via Link Above

Buddy4point0
May 10th, 2007, 02:22
looks alright but FF is way better