PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy Dissidia looks to be a brawler

wraggster
May 9th, 2007, 22:37
via joystiq (http://www.joystiq.com/2007/05/09/final-fantasy-dissidia-looks-to-be-a-brawler/)

http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/final_fantasy_dissidia_scan.jpg

Err, guys? Not to alarm you, but a new scan from Japan's Shonen Jump magazine seems to indicate that Square Enix is looking to revisit the fighting genre. Recently revealed as a Sony PSP title, Final Fantasy Dissidia appears to do away with traditional RPG fare, distilling epic conflict into one-on-one battles between series protagonists, antagonists and, in most cases, exhibitionists.

If you examine the page, you're sure to spy the presence of Final Fantasy IX's rat-tailed thief, Zidane, duking it out with his crystal-hating nemesis, Kuja. It remains to be seen whether Square Enix will include characters from across the series in a Power Stone-esque battle royale, but the possibility is sure to be an exciting one for intense Final Fans. Can Squall mope the floor with Cloud? Will Quina Quen clobber Kefka? Could Tidus and Vaan even manage to injure each other? Final Fantasy Dissidia may just hold the answers. For now, we'd best wait until Square Enix provides some of their own.

PLZKLLME0080
May 9th, 2007, 22:40
this had better be good.

Hiei311
May 9th, 2007, 22:41
lol it would rock if that happens cloud vs squall =]

Abgoj
May 9th, 2007, 23:39
If this is a brawl game with all FF characters in then i'll be very happy indeed.

Buddy4point0
May 10th, 2007, 02:21
look at the picture at the bottom, were the blond guy is jumping. is it just me or does that look like a higher graphics version of zadane from FFIX?

Ultima Chocochu
May 10th, 2007, 02:41
Has to be, on the top it looks like Zidane/Kuja too.

Gold Line
May 10th, 2007, 03:47
cool so cool. sephiroth vs vivi lol!

Buddy4point0
May 10th, 2007, 03:53
the one on top has the hair but not the face, the bottom is def zidane though. i also noticed that the dude with the white hair has the hair and face of the weird dude with the white dragon that likes dagger, sry i cant remember his name.

Shadowblind
May 10th, 2007, 03:55
If this is a brawler, I can't wait--I'll clobber all of ya with Zidane :D

Gold Line
May 10th, 2007, 03:55
the guy on the right is the bad guy from ff9 kuja

Gizmo356
May 10th, 2007, 04:09
This game looks amazing.

PrettyStupidPerson
May 10th, 2007, 04:21
via joystiq (http://www.joystiq.com/2007/05/09/final-fantasy-dissidia-looks-to-be-a-brawler/)

http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/final_fantasy_dissidia_scan.jpg

Err, guys? Not to alarm you, but a new scan from Japan's Shonen Jump magazine seems to indicate that Square Enix is looking to revisit the fighting genre. Recently revealed as a Sony PSP title, Final Fantasy Dissidia appears to do away with traditional RPG fare, distilling epic conflict into one-on-one battles between series protagonists, antagonists and, in most cases, exhibitionists.

If you examine the page, you're sure to spy the presence of Final Fantasy IX's rat-tailed thief, Zidane, duking it out with his crystal-hating nemesis, Kuja. It remains to be seen whether Square Enix will include characters from across the series in a Power Stone-esque battle royale, but the possibility is sure to be an exciting one for intense Final Fans. Can Squall mope the floor with Cloud? Will Quina Quen clobber Kefka? Could Tidus and Vaan even manage to injure each other? Final Fantasy Dissidia may just hold the answers. For now, we'd best wait until Square Enix provides some of their own.

not 4 me... i thought the regular rpg ff was bad but this is hilarious... 4 me... i would prefer the old-fasion rpg unless the fighting system is good and they have characters.

Veskgar
May 10th, 2007, 05:22
I'm not terribly thrilled that this is likely to be a brawler or fighter. But I will give Square-Enix credit in that if done right, the game could be pretty good.

Buddy4point0
May 10th, 2007, 18:40
the guy on the right is the bad guy from ff9 kuja

it most def is, so i gess mabey the other 1 is supposed to be zidane, like i originally thought. but i wish they wouldve made his face look more like zidane. but kuja's face, hair, everything, looks exactly like him.

Apoklepz
May 10th, 2007, 19:39
Ok...this should be interesting, maybe it plays like Smash Bros. but with magic atacks and stuff.

Anyways, off topic, but I need to know how FF9 saves from one disk to the next in pops...do i just load the next eboot in my MS like with FF7 or do I have do the Cwcheat save dump...Never played the game before, but I'm getting ready to play it right now on Pops.

Thanks

Gold Line
May 10th, 2007, 19:52
Ok...this should be interesting, maybe it plays like Smash Bros. but with magic atacks and stuff.

Anyways, off topic, but I need to know how FF9 saves from one disk to the next in pops...do i just load the next eboot in my MS like with FF7 or do I have do the Cwcheat save dump...Never played the game before, but I'm getting ready to play it right now on Pops.

Thanks

you can swap eboots just like ff7

Apoklepz
May 10th, 2007, 19:57
Sweet, thanks Gold Line.

Gold Line
May 10th, 2007, 20:02
your welcome

but i dont think ff9 works on 3.03 it only works on 3.40 if i remember correctly

Cloud_35
May 10th, 2007, 21:02
Super Samsh Bros. Square Enix edition???? Pffft. I expected another FFXIII, you know there's gonna be two for the PS3 and one for mobiles. Anyway, if it has story it's a go.

Buddy4point0
May 10th, 2007, 22:07
you can swap eboots just like ff7

that doesnt work for me, i have to put it onto my computer, then change the disk, then put the save back on. it wouldve been alot easyer if that worked, but it most def doesnt. also ff9 works fine on 3.03 oe c... or are you talking about the cd switching thing working on 3.40 only...