PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy Tactics: Shishi Sensou

wraggster
May 9th, 2007, 22:49
New from Play Asia (http://www.play-asia.com/SOap-23-83-2pz-71-bl-77-1-49-en-15-Final+Fantasy+Tactics-84-j-70-1x8v.html)

http://image1.play-asia.com/170/4z/pa.89743.1.jpg

Final Fantasy Tactics: Shishi Sensou (aka. Final Fantasy Tactics: The Lions War) for PSP™ is a port of the PSone™ version of Final Fantasy Tactics, with new job classes such as the Onion Knight, anime style cutscenes, new playable characters and a widescreen display mode.

Abgoj
May 9th, 2007, 23:36
'stares in awe', this game looks soooo great.

PLZKLLME0080
May 9th, 2007, 23:37
and a widescreen display mode.

:rofl: now why would they do that? :rofl:

JKKDARK
May 9th, 2007, 23:46
:rofl: now why would they do that? :rofl:

because it's something you can't see on the ds?

Buddy4point0
May 10th, 2007, 02:18
i prefer the regular final fantasys over tactics

Abgoj
May 10th, 2007, 04:04
It's great for me since i've never played FF tactics.

Gold Line
May 10th, 2007, 04:07

yea the normal ffs are just more fun

PrettyStupidPerson
May 10th, 2007, 04:23
i dont care... theres too many ff

Gold Line
May 10th, 2007, 04:29
i agree theres 25+ ff games now o_0

Balthasar00
May 10th, 2007, 04:47

yea the normal ffs are just more fun

i dont care... theres too many ff

Wana a good rpg tactic on Ps 1? Try Vandal Hearts.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vandal_Hearts

I am great FF Fan but, I never finished tactics. Story devellopement is cruelly slow. Hawful 2d sprites, boring mercenary hiring system.

Witch hurt even more, its that nowaday, majority of tactics rpgs follow FF tactics path.. Like if he deserve to be a stardard..

Veskgar
May 10th, 2007, 04:52
This is great. I was really hoping that this would have an English language option such as Final Fantasy Anniversary did but that is not the case.

I would not have been able to wait and would have imported this game if it was English.

Owell. This will be a must have for me when it is released in North America. I just hope whatever firmware it requires by that time will have an OE version to go along with it.

rockyard
May 10th, 2007, 12:17
That's probably because they're working on a retranslation. At least I hope so, the original US release had some serious flaws in the translation department. I rather wait a few months for a GOOD retranslation than getting the same shitty translation again.

And dudes, this is by far the best Tactics RPG ever created. I played Vandal Hearts and all that - and while Vandal Hearts is great, it's not nearly as good as FFT. FFT is so clever about how to interweave story and gameplay that it's just a joy to play. Kinda reminds you of the time when Squaresoft still had passion and didn't release shitty japaneso-pop culture games that make you feel gay all the time.

404 Error
May 10th, 2007, 13:22
This game will keep me busy for another couple of months so I will be happy :)

Gold Line
May 10th, 2007, 14:42
Wana a good rpg tactic on Ps 1? Try Vandal Hearts.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vandal_Hearts

I am great FF Fan but, I never finished tactics. Story devellopement is cruelly slow. Hawful 2d sprites, boring mercenary hiring system.

Witch hurt even more, its that nowaday, majority of tactics rpgs follow FF tactics path.. Like if he deserve to be a stardard..

yea Vandal Hearts 2 that was a great game hard but still great

INixxI
May 10th, 2007, 18:05
yea Vandal Hearts 2 that was a great game hard but still great

Wow. I thought VH2 blew chunks. I enjoyed 1 far more. But I would say Tactics Ogre is probably my favorite TRPG.

Gold Line
May 10th, 2007, 18:06
Wow. I thought VH2 blew chunks. I enjoyed 1 far more. But I would say Tactics Ogre is probably my favorite TRPG.

i have never played 1 before :confused:

g00gy
May 10th, 2007, 19:59
Love the box art. Ive refrained from playing the ps1 version so i hope this gets released soon.

rockyard
May 11th, 2007, 09:54
Jesus, this is a REALLY bad port. I think Squaresoft didn't know anymore how to handle the framebuffer effects, so they probably emulated them (I think the 'Special Effects' are done through the frambuffer, huh?) and it's freaking slow. So the game runs fine, until you actually use some Sword Technique or something, then it slows down to a crawl and even the Sound Effects are off.

Jesus. How did that walk through the quality assurance? This is very amateurish and totally kills the game for me, it's like you play an emulated game on an emulator that doesn't emulate every aspect of the hardware yet.

That's a shame, they added such nice CG Cinematics and totally scrapped the port programming-wise. Man, I'm pissed, I actually looked forward to playing through it again.