PDA

View Full Version : DSiP - VoIP for Nintendo DS - Use Your DS as a Phone

wraggster
May 10th, 2007, 00:03
http://scenefiles.free.fr/dsip/dsip.gif

JSR has posted some info on his upcoming app for the Nintendo DS, basically you can use your Nintendo DS as a phone.

DSiP - VoIP for Nintendo DS
by JSR

_ i n f o

DSiP is a Softphone for the Nintendo DS (Voice-over-IP software). It's based on the standardised SIP protocol which is most commonly used in open VoIP networks.

You need a SIP account, which is generally offered by your ISP, in order to use the softphone. With it the softphone can be used to call friends on any type of line, such as a landline, over WiFi.

This softphone was written from scratch. It's designed as a lightweight softphone, and is fast enough to run on the DS.

_ n o t e s

The softphone is currently in beta stage. The first stable build will be released publically in June.

I'd be grateful for any donations, as a lot of effort was put into this softphone.
You can donate over PayPal to my PayPal account: jsr(_)star(@)hotmail(.)com

Feel free to wait for the stable build before donating, it's all up to you. Thanks a lot!

_ t h a n k s

Paul Toth, Wintermute, Liranuna, Blasty, Strager, TripleAce, GPF and 0xtob for their kind help

libnds,libwifi developper and Neimod / Chris Double for the Microphone "lib"

M3 Team and DS-X Team for their homebrew contribution

Lorenzo for the Logo

_ g r e e t i n g s

More Info (http://forum.gbadev.org/viewtopic.php?t=13165&sid=8733b1f0509c5afd887f2527c0c72c95)

gronne
May 10th, 2007, 00:09
Awesome idea! Like a wireless phone instead of sitting at the pc... too bad I don't use voip :(

residentskitz
May 10th, 2007, 01:27
so can this work with skype?

kcajblue
May 10th, 2007, 01:40
this is good news.
i probably wont use it much but i know a lot of people would.

TeenDev
May 10th, 2007, 02:03
oh so he doesn't thank me for being on #tod2 and #dsdev? for all my encouragement?!!!!

jk dude

purtty sweet news!

JKKDARK
May 10th, 2007, 02:12
this is really great. Glad to see thse homebrew support for ds

Django2
May 10th, 2007, 09:48
very good news

Buddy4point0
May 10th, 2007, 16:03
great news but ill stick with my cell phone.

Sonicboy 101
May 10th, 2007, 16:05
Brill news :)

Borde
May 10th, 2007, 20:27
Interesting. I don't have a cell phone so this could come handy. I wonder If there are enough wifi networks around here though...