PDA

View Full Version : Sony to offer pre-paid PSN vouchers in Japan

wraggster
May 10th, 2007, 00:09
via joystiq (http://www.joystiq.com/2007/05/08/sony-to-offer-pre-paid-psn-vouchers-in-japan/)

Those dying to download Marl Oukoku no Ningyou Hime (and who isn't?) from the Japanese PlayStation Network will now find another payment option nestled in the aisles of the nearest convenience store. IGN reports that PlayStation Network Tickets will soon be procurable from convenience stores and post office ATMs across Japan, allowing those without a means of direct electronic payment to enjoy and more importantly, pay for the wares of the PS3's virtual marketplace.

The tickets will function in a similar fashion to Nintendo Wii Point cards and Xbox Live MS Point vouchers, with the exception that they'll be grouped in a non-bogus currency. Available in units of ¥1,000, ¥3,000, ¥5,000 and ¥10,000, the cards will contain a 12-digit code recognized by the PSN as a command to fill up your virtual wallet with the corresponding amount.

As for the possibility of PSN Tickets becoming available elsewhere, Sony offers, "We have no announcement regarding any changes to the electronic payment options on the PlayStation Store in North America at this time."

F9zDark
May 10th, 2007, 06:39
This is really ****ing annoying... Japan has like 3 different payment options available to them and we have 1. Its getting ridiculous. I have a credit card, but I'll be damned if I use it via my gaming console.

Give us some more damned options!!!