PDA

View Full Version : No Plans for More 3D Worms Games

wraggster
May 10th, 2007, 00:16
via ign (http://uk.psp.ign.com/articles/786/786639p1.html)

UK developer Team17 has confirmed that it has no plans to create new 3D Worms titles, instead favouring to stick to the franchise's 2D roots.

Speaking to IGN, studio director Martyn Brown said: "We have no current plans for a fully 3D Worms game. Player response has indicated that fans of the series truly appreciate the 2D roots of this title, so we plan to continue delivering great gameplay experiences in this format."

Although there have been several 3D Worms titles - most recently Worms 4: Mayhem in 2005 - the classic destruction gameplay never seemed to work as well compared to 2D editions of the franchise.

Buddy4point0
May 10th, 2007, 02:38
i never really liked the 3D versions anyway. the 2d is more fun

wolfpack
May 10th, 2007, 02:59
i never played the 3d versions, but i know ive enjoyed the 2d versions a lot
maybe they should just do a 3d worms but have it on a 2d landscape

JKKDARK
May 10th, 2007, 03:13
Yes I agree, we need more games like WWP :D

Chuthbert
May 10th, 2007, 15:27
Wow, it's not very often a game developer actually listens to user feedback.

I also agree that Worms was far better in 2D. In Worms 3D it was far to easy to knock them into the water, you only ever needed the baseball bat to win.

Funnily enough I was just playing Hogs of War. It was like Worms in 3D before Worms 3D. It's a great game that works very well. Don't assume it's just a rip-off, it's actually a very good game in it's own right.

Hopefully Worms: Open Warfare 2 will return the francise to greatness.

Baboon
May 10th, 2007, 15:32
Funnily enough I was just playing Hogs of War. It was like Worms in 3D before Worms 3D. It's a great game that works very well. Don't assume it's just a rip-off, it's actually a very good game in it's own right.

Hopefully Worms: Open Warfare 2 will return the francise to greatness.

I was just thinking the same thing... hogs of war does kick ass! ...plus Rick Mayle does all of the voice acting for the game! :thumbup:

The King
May 10th, 2007, 16:24
worms 3D never realy made it out because i think that the franchise was mad only for 2D action way more fun that way

eatnooM
May 10th, 2007, 18:04
Glad to hear that Team17 won't be wasting their time on 3D games. :)