PDA

View Full Version : Snes9xTYL Release Coming Soon

wraggster
May 10th, 2007, 00:57
Yoyofr (http://yoyofr.proboards44.com/index.cgi?board=snes9xtyl&action=display&thread=1175704652)has posted on his forum about a new version of his Snes Emulator for the PSP:

I tried some of the latests pspsdk and had some trouble with my 3.10 OE psp. I'll update the sourcecode and have snes9xTYL work with the latests dark alex firmware asap.

also this

a "last" version will be released, I'm gonna start working again on it very soon.
I have been very busy for some months but I'll have more time soon, so expect something in some weeks... ;-)

Nice to see some activity :)

g00gy
May 10th, 2007, 01:12
YES ive been waiting for something like this for months!

:D

wolfpack
May 10th, 2007, 01:28
oooh very nice

gr42178
May 10th, 2007, 01:33
Cant wait, old school forever!!!!

V3N0M
May 10th, 2007, 01:45
Good to see a new update from the Snes9xTYL Team! :thumbup:

NJisMYhome
May 10th, 2007, 01:46
Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooahhhhhhh hhh!!!!!!!!!

Ive Been Askin Around For This For A While In These Forums And Yoyofr's!!!!!! Im So Happy!!!!!:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :d :d :d :d :d

kcajblue
May 10th, 2007, 01:46
woah. i thought this was discontinued.
but anyway, really cool news.
everyones gonna be happy about this! :D

Basil Zero
May 10th, 2007, 01:53
lol

found this out in another forum

glad its ALIVE!!!

SNES FTW!!!

gunntims0103
May 10th, 2007, 01:55
Im glad the Dev's haven't given up on this. There hasn't been any activity on this emulator for quite some time. I can't wait for an update.

DarthPaul
May 10th, 2007, 01:56
I thought the same as kcajblue. But it's nice to see that a new version is coming out.
For those new to the PSP's homebrew scene:
Snes9xtyl is the best SuperNintendo emulator for PSP. :D

starogre
May 10th, 2007, 01:58
i hope he fixes these things before he quits once and for all

- fix the savestates cus when loaded, they remove sound from the game

- redo the menu to be as simple as the nes and gba menu's

- allow for a WORKING sleep mode during game

- speedups in general

- get starfox and kirby superstar to work :)

the huge menu, license agreement, and loading intro things are tedious, especially when you have to exit the emulator every time you turn your psp off

sorry but i think it needs to be simpler before a final version is released

Buddy4point0
May 10th, 2007, 02:01
very nice. i love this emulator

pkmusicmaker
May 10th, 2007, 02:06
This is some of the best news I've seen in a while. By the way, what ever happened to that GBA emulator? Totally died, I wanted to play Mario and Luigi on my PSP, that sucks.

Zombo
May 10th, 2007, 02:20
Please say the Cheat Feature now works properly,The Save Feaure (Got annoying using the Super Pang method :P) and last but not least Speed...creepy thing is I been focusing on this emu for atleast a month,thinking it was dead,and just now there's a new release coming :D

troom
May 10th, 2007, 02:21
if your talking about mario and luigi the rpg one you can play it im use ing one of those kia or something like that you know the one the other guy release use exophase sourse code the one he was mad at iv been useing it to play that game ironman,flash and a coulpe of others that did not work in the other one its a pain haveing gba emulators on my psp hey but what ever works right. know spellings bad dont care.

jmendes
May 10th, 2007, 02:22
thats great news!!!
im looking for some speed optimisations and the no sound load state bug fixed

CaptainMorgan4
May 10th, 2007, 02:26
This is amazing, a final version of SNES9xTYL and Daedalus R12 comming soon with SSB and Goldeneye support. This is great news, I can't believe it I hoper Starfox 1 and 2 run pretty fast in this final version. I don't know what your talking about Starogre about the menu being "not simple", I think this emulators menu is the best menu out there, it puts it above alot of emulators.

Rafaelfrota
May 10th, 2007, 02:47
Awesome! This emulator totally rocks!
I hope Star Fox works and I wish there were some improvements on speed of some games =D
Also, it would be pretty cool if we could select the in menu musics instead the random thing =P

Gold Line
May 10th, 2007, 02:56
omg i thought snes9x was finished

i hope secret of mana will be full speed :D

pkmaximum
May 10th, 2007, 03:00
Yay I'm glad to see that Yoyo is coming back for one more final release to polish up the final things on this emulator.

I wish he made a short chanelog on what he plans to do for updating the things on the SNES emulator cause I'm kind of curious to find out what he plans on updating for it. I personally want to see the ad hoc support improved, as the whole refresh rate thing is just too annoying to play any multiplayer game on the SNES emulator. When the ad hoc release originally came out I was planning on beating Secret of Mana with my friend, but with the bugyness, and constant desynchronizing it just wasn't an option.

Well I look forward to the last release great work YOYo!

walliester
May 10th, 2007, 03:18
Thanks a lot Yoyo for having one of the best snes emu for psp,if you read this. all my family and close friends have this emu on psp all the people on my block and at work have it so thanks a million,again. check my kid two years old playing smb

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EscfrXZ4_78

darknight88
May 10th, 2007, 03:37
OMFG!! YeS!

Balthasar00
May 10th, 2007, 03:58
Awesome!

Understandable
May 10th, 2007, 04:32
wow....thats nice.... i thought the last version was perfect...i had no problems with it on 4.40 oe. Hope starfox 2 is playable on the new version

The_It
May 10th, 2007, 04:52
I hope it can go completely into sleep mode... I want to be able to turn it off really fast when I need it to.

dj2005
May 10th, 2007, 05:15
I personally hope that it gets a small, but needed, speed increase so games, such as mega man, run perfect.

V3N0M
May 10th, 2007, 05:18
I personally hope that it gets a small, but needed, speed increase so games, such as mega man, run perfect.

Well with some fine tuning you can get most games to run full speed.

mike_jmg
May 10th, 2007, 05:48
Mmhh Yoyofr

I donīt mean this the bad way, i know youīve been working a lot on this emu and it works great (THANK YOU)

But I donīt know what kind of fixation developers have with the snes9x emu since it has problems even on my PC, the same ones that transfered to the PSP

I have an snes emulator that loads anything on my PC, well just like two games look a bit crappy (clayfighters I and II) it is "Zsnes" I think not much people know about it, since in the site they say itīs like beta and that it doesnīt run much, but is all the other way around, also they havenīt updated since 2001 (LOL)

I know it is asking for TOO much but, would you please check it out?
http://www.zsnes.com/

anyway THANK YOU for your great work

mike_jmg
May 10th, 2007, 06:07
yay!, found the source code http://zsnes.ipherswipsite.com/04/

Emeriastone
May 10th, 2007, 06:09
Good to see the best SNES emu is coming back to life, not that it was dead anyway.

ab88
May 10th, 2007, 06:17
yay!, found the source code http://zsnes.ipherswipsite.com/04/

That is coded in assembly language. It's intended to run on x86 computers not mips. So in other words it will never be ported to the PSP as it is. You just needed to search for "znes" on any forums to find that out.

Also I wouldn't get my hopes up, if anyone actually read his post he said he would fix the source to compile with the latest tool chain. He never said he would actually update the functions, compatibility, etc.

zheg_pagaza
May 10th, 2007, 08:01
hope this new version i can play 100% the chrono tigger and killer instict cuz they run to slow

groovemaster303
May 10th, 2007, 08:50
Good to see Yoyo's still around, his work on LJZ a few years ago was amazing.

V3N0M
May 10th, 2007, 09:25
...Also I wouldn't get my hopes up, if anyone actually read his post he said he would fix the source to compile with the latest tool chain. He never said he would actually update the functions, compatibility, etc.

He has mentioned before that he would like to make a final 'polished' up last release to this amazing emulator. He mentioned this when he had to leave the project to attend to other aspects of his life. Apparently he hasn't had time since then to make that final release until now. It won't be a 'HUGE' update but it will definitely polish up the emulator as well as fix some remaining bugs.

Sharpy
May 10th, 2007, 10:57
I was just wondering yesterday if this great emulator was gonna be updated. It's cool to see that Yoyo's still making it, he's done a fantastic job of it.

ab88
May 10th, 2007, 11:32
He has mentioned before that he would like to make a final 'polished' up last release to this amazing emulator. He mentioned this when he had to leave the project to attend to other aspects of his life. Apparently he hasn't had time since then to make that final release until now. It won't be a 'HUGE' update but it will definitely polish up the emulator as well as fix some remaining bugs.

Didn't know that, Thx for the correction. :)

Sinnamon
May 10th, 2007, 14:03
Mmhh Yoyofr

I donīt mean this the bad way, i know youīve been working a lot on this emu and it works great (THANK YOU)

But I donīt know what kind of fixation developers have with the snes9x emu since it has problems even on my PC, the same ones that transfered to the PSP

I have an snes emulator that loads anything on my PC, well just like two games look a bit crappy (clayfighters I and II) it is "Zsnes" I think not much people know about it, since in the site they say itīs like beta and that it doesnīt run much, but is all the other way around, also they havenīt updated since 2001 (LOL)

I know it is asking for TOO much but, would you please check it out?
http://www.zsnes.com/

anyway THANK YOU for your great work

I checked out their site and they had a update from january 2007

Gold Line
May 10th, 2007, 14:22
cant wait!

Apoklepz
May 10th, 2007, 14:34
Wow...it really has been forever since the last build, but they did say before that they were done with the Emu....It's so frikkin amazing to hear from Yoyofr and team again!! (sheds a tear... >KP)

I hope that their final build corrects some nasty memory stick corruption bugs...and more than anything, a little speed boost would be nice for heavier games ;)...Anyways, this is one of the pinnacle emulators in the PSPscene that first made people go OOOOOOOOHHHHH!!! & AAAAAHHHHH!!!! with it's looks and features, and you can bet your candy-ass the TYL team is bound to impress once again with their final product.
This is Great NEWS!!!

kharaboudjan
May 10th, 2007, 14:36
its fantastic and all.. but i wouldnt rely too much hopes for this release.. he have said before that it could only be at most 5 % more speed than the latest release..

thanx anyway! :)

Gold Line
May 10th, 2007, 14:38
5% is that it are you sure about that?

kharaboudjan
May 10th, 2007, 15:29
yep, at most 5 % he had said before :(

Gold Line
May 10th, 2007, 15:34
5% thats sad news :(

Sonicboy 101
May 10th, 2007, 15:48
5% thats sad news :(

But it is still an improvement, which is always a good thing.
I can't wait!

Gold Line
May 10th, 2007, 16:00
yea your right 5% is better than 0% :D

mike_jmg
May 10th, 2007, 16:11
That is coded in assembly language. It's intended to run on x86 computers not mips. So in other words it will never be ported to the PSP as it is. You just needed to search for "znes" on any forums to find that out.

yeeezzz! thatīs too bad;:(
So thatīs why no one has made a port of this emu,
are you sure this canīt be converted by any means?

devdj
May 10th, 2007, 16:50
they should make the action replay and gameshark codes work for the new Snes9xTYL cause they never work for with the current emulator.

Cloud_35
May 10th, 2007, 19:05
I hope this time we see Super Mario RPG running at fullspeed...........

Gold Line
May 10th, 2007, 19:06
yea Super Mario RPG is so slow its unplayable

kharaboudjan
May 10th, 2007, 19:16
yeah, many games are unplayable at this current speed :(

Gold Line
May 10th, 2007, 19:18
Super Mario RPG and star fox (i think) are so slow its untrue

Apoklepz
May 10th, 2007, 19:30
Star Fox doesn't even run on the last build...cuz they removed FX.

starogre
May 10th, 2007, 19:52
For the guy who replied to me on page 2 -

I don't think the menu is good. There are way too many things to scroll through, just to reload a game, save a state, edit the frameskip, etc.

He should put the main little things in one menu like the other emu's and have all the other stuff in an advanced menu or something somewhere else.

Plus the transitions from menu to the game and vise versa are really annoying and make trying to get the game at its fastest speed slow and tedious.

And also the backgrounds and fancy graphics also slow it down.

But yes, get starfox and kirby superstar working before offering a final release. Those two games are amazing and not ported to any other system, so they are much needed for any snes emulator.

Other than speedup, i really hope they fix savestates and sleep mode.

I'm not complaining or anything but i'll be quite disappointed if they call it a final version and leave these important things out.

Jonesyxxiv
May 10th, 2007, 19:54
I was just looking at my homebrew and I didnt have my snes emu any more and I just desided to get it back then I saw this. Awesome.

felonyr301
May 10th, 2007, 19:59
Just get star fox up to speed just enough to be playable and fix the save state sound issues and I'm good. Good luck!!!

luis_05
May 10th, 2007, 20:18
Cant wait, old school forever!!!!

lol, fo sure, old school 4 life!!!!

Gold Line
May 10th, 2007, 20:20
snes was and still is the best game console ever

Ultima Chocochu
May 10th, 2007, 20:49
Been waiting for an update from this, HECK YES!

Cloud_35
May 10th, 2007, 21:05
snes was and still is the best game console ever

Agree. Well, after the PS2 :D. Just kidding, the PS2 is after the SNES.

Exophase
May 10th, 2007, 22:56
This is some of the best news I've seen in a while. By the way, what ever happened to that GBA emulator? Totally died, I wanted to play Mario and Luigi on my PSP, that sucks.

One, I'm still working on it. It isn't dead, I'm just busy.

Two, Mario & Luigi works fine on 0.9, the last I released (for anyone who says some Kai version fixed it then uh.. sorry, no)

Three (on topic, I swear), I believe that SNES9x TYL's renderer can be made a lot faster for most games. In fact, I believe that gpSP's can be made a lot faster, and it's already much faster than SNES9x TYL's, somehow. This isn't counting the pure hardware renderer, but that's really inaccurate.

GBA and SNES have somewhat similar video architectures, although SNES can do some weird things GBA can't GBA has more raw pixel pushing abilities. The way that games on both systems are written I believe that most rendering can be done pretty quickly, and some of it (not all of it, at least not in the case of GBA) can be hardware accelerated without sacrificing compatability.

SuperFX games can be brought up to good speed with dynarec, but I doubt anyone will bother. Dynarec'ing the main 65c816 CPU probably wouldn't gain very much, but for SA-1 (which is like a much faster version of the same CPU) it might help. It's just that dynarec of a CISC CPU to RISC isn't especially graceful.

maxipower90
May 10th, 2007, 23:47
hmm im wondering what there gonna improve because its great as it is.

Broadus
May 11th, 2007, 01:16
Finally, an update on the horizon!

Gold Line
May 11th, 2007, 01:38
yes im so glad gpsp is still alive thanks exophase

Veskgar
May 11th, 2007, 07:54
This puts a big smile on my face. Super Nintendo was a big part of my childhood and even teenage years. Hell, its still holds favor with me today in my 20's. I would very much hope that this Emulator continues as it is one of the biggest draws to PSP homebrew. Its what got me hooked.

Two, Mario & Luigi works fine on 0.9, the last I released (for anyone who says some Kai version fixed it then uh.. sorry, no)

Sweet! gpSP is staying alive! Mario & Luigi does work perfect on the latest Exophase release (0.9) Anyone still using that Kai version should seriously upgrade. And of course you need the right BIOS.

I believe that SNES9x TYL's renderer can be made a lot faster for most games. In fact, I believe that gpSP's can be made a lot faster, and it's already much faster than SNES9x TYL's, somehow.
Its amazing to hear, especially from Exophase that there is still so much potential for Snes9xTYL. I remember back when I used to frequent YoYo's forums more often that it was said that there would not likely be anymore significant speedup. Basically saying that everything was already optimized to nearly full capacity. It would be nice for Snes9xTYL to improve on performance as there are quite a few games that have slowdown issues. Sure adding frameskip and other tweaks can help but frameskip on Snes9xTYL can really hurt a games playability if set too high.

SuperFX games can be brought up to good speed with dynarec, but I doubt anyone will bother.
That is also encouraging as it was said many times that games like Starfox would never really be playable on the PSP. But it was also said that GBA emulation would never be full speed on the PSP either, LOL.

b8a
May 11th, 2007, 13:19
I'd love it if the games could get an overall speed boost. A lot of games are pretty slow, but still playable though so I'm not really getting my hopes up.

The one HUGE problem that I've run in to with SNES9X_tyl, and am praying gets fixed, is Seiken Densetsu 3 -- It's unplayable because, no matter what settings you use (I spent a couple of hours one day trying EVERY combination possible), most of the text is unreadable. Which was a big dissapointment as I bought that game over ten years ago and still haven't had a chance to play it extensively and was really looking forward to getting at it on the PSP (;_;)

Hopefully YoYo et al will release the source (I'm assuming they haven't already) so that others can pick up on it and round it out. It's pretty solid, but is just missing that ultimate playability factor that Exophase (thanks!) delivered with his very first release of Gpsp.

kharaboudjan
May 11th, 2007, 13:49
hmm im wondering what there gonna improve because its great as it is.

i dont know where to begin.. but u are soooo wrong.. i mean almost half of the games arent working properly in the latest ME version.. i dont know what games u have tried.. the only game i really can enjoy 100 % is super punch out.. so they better do some great stuff in this release :)

justinswood
May 11th, 2007, 14:02
Good to see that this is being worked on again!

I have a request for a small functionality change:-

An addition that would be really good is a setting per rom that allows the one PSP joystsick to emulator four pads at once or a global setting that you only have one pad inserted

The reason for this is that when playing multiplayer games where that action is taken in turns - Irem Skins game is a good example (v.good golf game originally from the arcade), it seems to assume that you have all joysticks connected so you have to go into the settings between each go to change which joystick is emulated

Apoklepz
May 11th, 2007, 14:26
Yeah, that's a pretty good idea.

Here's another one...Mapping the Snes Mouse to the PSP buttons, the Analog nub would be great for movement!!! Am I the only one here that would get a kick out of playing around with Mario Paint on my PSP?

What about this?....Mapping the Snes Superscope to the PSP buttons. Again, the Analog could serve to move an on-screen little Target icon used for aiming and the Shoulder buttons (or any other buttons you chose for input) could be used for shooting and bombs...the games library would benefit from a few more games to play and would also be pretty cool, like Yoshi's Safari.

Anyways, I'm probably asking for a lot, but I would really like these features implemented.

BrooksyX
May 11th, 2007, 14:48
That is also encouraging as it was said many times that games like Starfox would never really be playable on the PSP. But it was also said that GBA emulation would never be full speed on the PSP either, LOL.

I would also like to see games that SuperFX chip games to become more playable. One of my favoirte Snes games Dirt Trax FX uses the SuperFX chip, it is hardly playable because it runs very slow, has many graphics errors, and freezes a lot. So it would be nice if this could somehow be fixed.

There are two bugs that I would love to see fixed: the bug where when you load a state there is not sound for some games and the Home bug where when you try to exit the screen locks up for a few minutes.

Anyways glad to hear that snes9xTYL will be updated one more time. It is probably my second favorite PSP homebrew (Daedalus is first).

mike_jmg
May 11th, 2007, 19:47

Hey Exophase Itīs good to hear from you, I had the dumb idea that youīve given up
(Feels so good to be wrong, LOL)
Thank you man your work rocks!!:)

I was wondering if youīre working on the 32MB roms issue:D

NJisMYhome
May 12th, 2007, 00:50
snestyl is THE BEST PIECE OF HOMEBREW FOR THE PSP. thats what got me to get a psp..... the only improvement i want to see is a speed boost for chrono trigger, and just some other graphical issues fixed.........and also get mario kart running...

Gold Line
May 12th, 2007, 01:19
mario kart does work just not full speed

vitz3
May 14th, 2007, 06:53
You rock Yoyofr!!

Keep it up!

Once official releases hit I donate. I donate everytime DAX releases an OE and I'll do the same for you. You can hold me to it.

kam30en
May 14th, 2007, 07:17
With the new update (beta), Mario Kart now runs perfect.

jurkevicz
May 14th, 2007, 18:35
You're probably talkinng about Ruka's unnoficial Beta...

CaptainMorgan4
July 14th, 2007, 08:50
Well sorry to bump an old thread but shouldn't we have heard something new yet? It's been more than some weeks, it's been months (2). Has anyone heard anything new about this future release?

dj2005
July 14th, 2007, 09:16
Well sorry to bump an old thread but shouldn't we have heard something new yet? It's been more than some weeks, it's been months (2). Has anyone heard anything new about this future release?

I've been wondering the same thing as well.

CaptainMorgan4
July 15th, 2007, 02:01
So no one here has any answers?

Ultima Chocochu
July 15th, 2007, 03:25
Appears not
I've still awaiting this release
And hoping that it'll fix the few problems to an already great homebrew
Until there is word, all we can do is wait...Sadly.
>.<

DanTheManMS
July 15th, 2007, 03:39
Since no one replied in the other topic, could someone test these speedhacks and see if they make any difference whatsoever?

1B8A0625|Super Mario RPG - Legend of the|4|0|0|0|0|0|A41=42,302FF=42,202E9=42DB,9F5=42

8FC4E6D0|Star Fox (V1.2) (U)|0|0|0|0|0|0|15965=42DC,15A3E=42FB

Open your snesadvance.dat file with Notepad, turn off Word Wrap, and add those entries to where they would go alphabetically. They may do nothing at all, but it's worth a shot.

CaptainMorgan4
July 15th, 2007, 05:08
I'll test the Star Fox one but why can't you test them?

DanTheManMS
July 15th, 2007, 19:31
I don't have a PSP, but I love SMRPG, so if I can help it run faster, I'd like to try. Unfortunately it seems that one patch that dramatically helped some areas also made other areas slow down dramatically, so I had to remove it from the patch. The one I posted in my last post has these problem hacks already removed.

CaptainMorgan4
July 15th, 2007, 19:34
Alright I'll try to test that Star Fox one, I'll post again with my results.

edit: I'm assuming for Star Fox I have to have the v1.2 rom, as suggested by the code you posted, right?

DanTheManMS
July 15th, 2007, 20:58
Yeah, though you can probably just change the first 8 digits of my patch (the part before the vertical line) to match the CRC of your version, as I don't think it would make that much of a difference. The speedhacks should be the same.

CaptainMorgan4
July 16th, 2007, 00:58
That's wierd I opened my snesadvance file but don't have any Star Fox code in there, it has like every game ever but no star fox, should I just put the code in there anyway? But I don't think that will work since I don't know what my numbers for my ROM file are, what should I do?

CaptainMorgan4
July 16th, 2007, 05:15
Okay I entered the code where Star Fox would have been alphabetically, ran Star Fox and saw no difference in speed. I think I may need the numbers to my specific rom to have the code work, tell me what I should do please DTMMS?

callsignAPOLLO
July 16th, 2007, 08:07
Umm, I'm new here, but I have IMPORTANT NEWS! there is a new psp, just released, what does this mean for homebrew!?!?! will it be able to be downgraded? will it have some sort of build it block to prevent hombrew no matter the firmware version? Is the new psp worth getting?? decide for yourself! (http://www.gamespot.com/features/6173974/index.html?tag=topslot;title;1) this link may cease to work when gamespot next updates its cetral tab frameset, so just search gamespot for E3 info. or, go here (http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3161034) I would really like to post this as a thread, but it won't let me; I suppose because I am a new member. I've used this ssite for years I'm glad to finally be a member. I think I'm the first to post about this new PSP and what it means for the homebrew community; I believe that the new PSP will be homebrew compatible and that it will provide a fantastic boost to the PSP-homebrew and PSP-mod communities. Power to the people enjoy! ~~~(extended information)(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_Portable) (something fun)(http://www.amazon.com/Horatio-Hornblower-Collectors-Ioan-Gruffudd/dp/B000AYEIW2/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/105-0780911-7893268?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1184568971&sr=8-1) -SISKO have fun wid-it!

DanTheManMS
July 16th, 2007, 08:11
Okay I entered the code where Star Fox would have been alphabetically, ran Star Fox and saw no difference in speed. I think I may need the numbers to my specific rom to have the code work, tell me what I should do please DTMMS?

Star Fox has no entry because the list was originally made for SNES Advance, an SNES emulator for the GBA that has no hope of ever running Starfox or any of the games with special coprocessor chips.

The numbers at the beginning are the CRC32 of the file. If you can find the CRC32 of your specific game file, you can replace the 8 numbers with yours and try again. If you open the game with ZSNES, it will show you the CRC for a few seconds at the beginning. A hex editor will also probably tell you what you have.

If you are sure that the hacks are being applied (the CRC32 matches) and there's still no noticeable speed gain, then I guess the game isn't hackable. The loop at 15965 was the only one I could consistently find throughout pretty much the entire game. If hacking that loop doesn't do anything, then I don't think anything can be done.

Thank you for testing by the way.

CaptainMorgan4
July 16th, 2007, 08:16
Ahh I don't think it will work because I think others have tried it, sorry but I'm done trying I don't think it will work, thanks for trying though.

callsignAPOLLO
July 16th, 2007, 08:25
My posts are NOT spam, I have seen the threads on the most recent E3 and have deemed them unsatisfactory, I think that the importance of the new psp to homebrew is so great, it is certainly fitting to post about it on EVERY THREAD related to psp homebrew because it will have significance for nearly every psp thread. Oh and I'm not from new jersey, I'm from Cali. -SISKO

Ultima Chocochu
July 16th, 2007, 08:26
I think I'm the first to post about this new PSP and what it means for the homebrew community;

One has been posted about it sometime ago
Hate to break that to ya
BUT the link has some good screens to the new PSP...Just your post is completely off topic and you should've just looked to see if you could already find a thread about it.

CaptainMorgan4
July 16th, 2007, 08:44
This jackass is just copy/pasting the same bullshit it different threads, please mods just delete this ****er quickly, probably will be a while since it's 345am here, I'm out.

callsignAPOLLO
July 16th, 2007, 08:51
I have no intent of disruption many threads, I just wished to mention it on several threads and I will not spam more of the same message on the same thread, if anyone should be booted from this forum it would be a person that insults other people and insinuates curses; sincerely -SISKO

hobo14
July 16th, 2007, 17:04
Just a newbie thought, but after playing the PSX version of chronotrigger on my psp, would it be possible to run a snes emulator designed for the PSX as a PSX game though popstation? It would elimate the problems with the snes emulation itself. I know there were definitly megadrive/genesis and nes emulators for PSX (i had them!).

CaptainMorgan4
July 16th, 2007, 19:19
How do you expect us to take seriously when you are actually spamming that exact message on different threads. Your just a troll on these forums causing distractions, please leave.

Ultima Chocochu
July 16th, 2007, 19:50
Just a newbie thought, but after playing the PSX version of chronotrigger on my psp, would it be possible to run a snes emulator designed for the PSX as a PSX game though popstation? It would elimate the problems with the snes emulation itself. I know there were definitly megadrive/genesis and nes emulators for PSX (i had them!).

Hmm
If it'll load it up and work, then you have no problem
Considering MOST of the PS games work fine on it

But seriously Sisko or whatever your name is, don't post things off topic
It'll piss some people off, and give you a bad name(if you care that is).