PDA

View Full Version : Official: Star Ocean 4 inbound

wraggster
May 10th, 2007, 20:29
via cvg (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=163667)

The previous rumours are true - Star Ocean 4 is on the way, officially confirmed at the Square Enix Party press conference which took place in Japan moments ago.

Square Enix wasn't giving away too much, though; no gameplay details were revealed and the platform and release date remains unspecified.

Development is being handled by Tri-Ace, which also took care of the previous PS2 game, Till the End of Time.

Square also revealed that it's working on remakes of Star Ocean First Departure and Star Ocean Second Evolution, the first two games in the series, for PSP.

We'll be bringing you more on the Square Enix Party this weekend, where we'll be raiding Square's drinks cupboard, draining all the vodka and throwing the TV remotes into the garden next door after puking in the living room.

ryan2006
May 10th, 2007, 21:07
yay the original star ocean is awesome i play it on the snes emu on my psp. hopefully it just isnt a port to the psp and its graphics are touched up a bit.

yoshinatsu
May 10th, 2007, 21:53
I'm really happy the two first games are being remade.
And for the PSP that IS! I hope it's time for the first one to reach the US shore at last.
As for Star Ocean 4, I'M CERTAINLY GONNA BUY whatever console it is (unless it's for the DS, or Wii...)

Buddy4point0
May 10th, 2007, 21:58
yay! i loved the snes one, so i bet this is gonna rock too

Ryupowerup
May 10th, 2007, 22:38
yay the original star ocean is awesome i play it on the snes emu on my psp. hopefully it just isnt a port to the psp and its graphics are touched up a bit.

look heres Star Ocean: First Departure pics
http://img.qj.net/uploads/articles_module/91985/Star%20Ocean%20First%20Departure%20PSP_qjpreviewth .jpg
http://img.qj.net/uploads/articles_module/91985/Star%20Ocean%20First%20Departure%20PSP%202_qjprevi ewth.jpg

look good

and the battle system look like is the same as Star Ocean: The Second Story

ryan2006
May 10th, 2007, 22:55
that looks frickin great hopefully an english language version will be out

ps thanks Ryupowerup for the pics!

Basil Zero
May 11th, 2007, 00:26
Awesome news, though I already knew lol

Man, i am so glad their remaking SO1 and SO2.

Abgoj
May 11th, 2007, 09:59
Awesome news, though I already knew lol

Man, i am so glad their remaking SO1 and SO2.

lol, same here. Still, it's such great news that I haven't gotten fed up of hearing it :)

Veskgar
May 11th, 2007, 12:18
The PSP just gets better and better. And with great games like these on the way, I think that the PSP is going to start doing even better.

I don't know what the hell I'd do without Square-Enix.

Abgoj
May 11th, 2007, 15:10
The PSP just gets better and better. And with great games like these on the way, I think that the PSP is going to start doing even better.

I don't know what the hell I'd do without Square-Enix.

Well, psp sales will probably shoot up in Japan with the multiple square games coming out. :thumbup:

Zin0099
May 12th, 2007, 09:26
I have both starocean 1 and 2 plus the gb game and ps2 but will take the psp games when they come out because both 1 and 2 are just a rom and iso copy but i did buy so3

Square enix is finaly coming out with good games for psp

gonna get
-ff7cc
-starocean 1
-starocean 2
-ff D...(FF fighting Game)

Exophase
May 12th, 2007, 18:30
I love Star Ocean but PSP is really a joke when it comes to how many of the games worth playing are ports or remakes. At first I thought this post was about Star Ocean 4 being for PSP, thanks a lot.

I'm sure the first game will be a lot different now, maybe like Sword of Mana where it's almost a completely new game, but I wish they'd just make a new game entirely at that point. At least this could potentially allow English speakers to play SO1, sorta. The screenshots look great so I might actually get it if it is released here.. not that I play PSP games >_<

Since it looks so much like SO2 I bet that the SO2 remake won't be that much different though.

About Star Ocean 4.. I liked SO3 a lot but I do feel like the plot turned into something horrifying and basically flushed the overall plot of the series down the drain. It was almost as if they were saying right then that they had absolutely no intention to continue it. I could see them completely ignoring the impact of SO3's plot, but if they try to incorporate it things could end up really over the top (maybe interesting though). Actually, what I hear is that there was a lot of internal controversy over SO3's plot, that most of the team was even against it. They might use SO4 to try to clean it up, or at least explain the ending in a way that makes rational sense. That'd be nice but I doubt that'll happen.