PDA

View Full Version : Crackdown: Possibly the best DLC we've ever seen

wraggster
May 10th, 2007, 20:41
Those crafty chaps at Realtime Worlds have finally detailed the downloadable content we can expect for their excellent free-roaming crime-stopper Crackdown - and is it just us or is this the best DLC line-up for any game, ever?

Reported on Team Xbox, the free DLC for Crackdown includes an option to completely reset gangs, easier orb hunting and a new ground strike move that smashes your agent into the ground with a devestating shockwave.

The premium paid-for content, meanwhile, is looking even more fantastic. Three new vehicles are primed for Marketplace deployment including the Agent Patrol Buggy, slick Agency Pursuit Vehicle and the mammoth Agency Armoured Vehicle, which looks like it could take down a skyscraper in second gear.

But wait, there's more. Five new weapons and pieces of equipment are also inbound and each look to offer a fair bit of variety over the vanilla game's arsenal. The multi-rocket firing Lobber and ragdoll-flinging Harpoon guns are our favourites, while a cloaking device, mini-gun and proximity charge are also on the way.

Phew... game type additions are looking like this - street racing, rooftop races and two-player checkpoint chases are all on the way, as well as a new mode called 'Stockpile' which challenges you to run around the city collecting various orbs against the clock.

There's no release date or pricing details on the DLC yet, but be assured we'll be watching out for this lot and will sound the alarm as soon as it arrives.

via cvg (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=163673)

Mabolsa Ritchie
May 10th, 2007, 20:56
But does anyone actually play this game? I thought people baught this for the achievements oh and that lil old Halo beta key they threw in.

Darksaviour69
May 10th, 2007, 21:55
its a good game, but i'm not too sure theses DLCs, not really that interesting

MasterChafed
May 10th, 2007, 22:03
sounds pretty good. and yeah, crackdown is a good game, i played it not too long ago (yesterday i believe.)