PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360’s relationship with iPod, Macs & more

wraggster
May 24th, 2005, 22:03
Besides jacking the whole Apple-look, Microsoft has plans to form relationships between its Xbox 360 and Apple’s iPod and Mac computers. While the idea sounds cool—and will likely convince a few suckers to buy in that would have otherwise passed on the console—it’s hard to see why I should care if I can plug my iPod into my 360.

What good is playing my songs through my television set via the 360 when I can already do that through my computer or stereo system? I respect the goal of integrating all of our multimedia/PDA/Bluetooth devices, but it’s never going to convince me to buy one console over another. I’m going to buy the 360 because I’ve cherished my gaming experience on the original Xbox. And I doubt that the relationship between my (future) 360 and my iPod will ever come to fruition.

But on second thought, if I can plug my iPod into my 360 and play songs off of it in place of a game’s built-in soundtrack (without dealing with the hassle of downloading the songs onto my 360), I’m definitely in. But the music would have to be integrated into the game—like in the same way custom soundtracks work in games like Burnout 3.

Cap'n 1time
May 24th, 2005, 22:50
dont forget the PSP dude, thats the additional device no one will shut up about.

Cap'n 1time
May 24th, 2005, 22:54
as seen for the 10000 time by all here.

http://img.engadget.com/common/images/1376374416227039.JPG?0.8068542884967659
Whats that in the top right? OMG ITS A PSP!

ptr.exe
May 26th, 2005, 17:33
well first time i seen it. I don't care much about intergrating all my gadgets with my console unless theres a good benefit of which i can see none.

gimpyjr
July 24th, 2005, 19:36
Microsoft associating with APPLE!!!!

windows users unite LOL :-)

gates will definatley lose support with his hardcorewindows users!

Cap'n 1time
July 25th, 2005, 00:59
Microsoft associating with APPLE!!!!

windows users unite LOL :-)

gates will definatley lose support with his hardcorewindows users!

pardon my french.. What the **** is a hardcore windows user? no such thing.. and if their is such a thing.. well... a little part of me just died.

gimpyjr
August 1st, 2005, 01:12
Ask any real computer user what they use Mac or PC!

don't get me started!

Cap'n 1time
August 1st, 2005, 02:33
Ask any real computer user what they use Mac or PC!

don't get me started!

rawwwwwr windows sucks! microsoft sucks! (cept the xbox because my love for video games wont alow me to say that!) rawwr!

hows that for a start?! :D Linux and FreeBSD forever!!!.. and Macs are cool too...

gimpyjr
August 1st, 2005, 09:11
sorry dude they pushed my buttons. Im not a mac fan!

lol :-)

Raveneye
August 4th, 2005, 00:19
my god! Windows sucks! everybody knows that. It can be unstable annoying and not to mention a virus and spyware haven.and it started out by stealing alot of mac's design and features. In Bill Gates lack of creativity he copied Macintosh's look and features.

I agree with 1timeuser
Linux and freeBSD foreever!!!

gimpyjr
August 4th, 2005, 03:27
that's bull and you know it!
grrrrrr mac is a PILE ......... A PILE grrrrr

macs interface is sooooooo weird for me to use, not to mention the bane of my existance THE SINGLE CLICK MOUSE :-)

Darksaviour69
August 4th, 2005, 11:12
mac os is a simpler but more important far more stable than windows, but i can understand why u don't like it (if u were brought up with windows)