PDA

View Full Version : R4 Vs M3, help please!

Budokiba11
May 11th, 2007, 03:07
Ok I'm torn here between getting an R4 or an M3 for my Nintendo DS I don't know which one is better, I'm on a low budget but I need something that works, plays music and videos, but most of all will play emulators, but if someone can help me out with which best meets these standards, that would be great. I would like many ideas, opinions and facts so feel free to repeat or give similar data to already posted data. Thank you! (please also state which version of which is best also, example: M3 light, M3 simply, etc.)

Pilot_51
May 12th, 2007, 02:42
The both do everything you want. In fact, the hardware of both is almost identical. I think the real breaking point is the price, and R4 beats M3, I bought mine from Sky2k.com for under $40 after shipping (Chinese version by accident, I blame them), and a 1GB microSD is only about $10 more or $30 for 2GB. The R4 comes with a USB microSD adapter, a mini-CD with probably outdated shell software you can download from the R4 site, a rubber/plastic case for the card, and a wrist strap (who would use that?).
The R4 is working great for me, so I recommend it, but I can't say for sure which is the better of the two.

Tikker
May 13th, 2007, 00:01
R4 and M3DS are identical

come from same factory

just buy whichever is cheaper

ndsl4me
May 13th, 2007, 02:47
wow,I have ordered a M3 from:www.digimartz.com ,they sell r4 and m3 with the same money,so appreciations for their MOTHER DAY`promotion!

darkhelmet
May 28th, 2007, 02:19
Oops, is R4 cheaper than M3? I was telling a few people that M3 is cheaper than R4. Stupid lysdexia.

Xiofire
May 28th, 2007, 02:25
Ive had 2 M3's break on me, and have had to resort to tape to fix the one. The spring mechanism for the MicroSD has broke in both. I doubt R4's have better build quality, as they are made exactly the same by the same people. Just a heads up from my experience.
-Xiofire