PDA

View Full Version : MapThis and GPSviewer could not start

r2000
May 11th, 2007, 13:08
Hi,
I have a version 1.50 PSP.
I have installed the latest MapThis/Mapviewer.
2 versions of MAPTHIS GPS EDITION (the other one Map This ! GPS EDITION) appeared.
When I tryied to run these, it say "This game could not be started (80020001)". I am sure I have the right eboot in the right place.
It is the same with both.
I also installed GPSViewer but it showed only corrupted Data.

So what is wrong?

deniska
May 11th, 2007, 14:48
use the holux version eboot.. (you may also need to kxploit it)

r2000
May 11th, 2007, 15:07
It is now working after I replaced the eboot file with 3.999 dated 4/5/2006.

Is the Kxploit in 4.999 beta better?

Gps_viewer still does not work though (corrupted data).

4.999 beta seems to have sound, but then again, if you plug in the GPS cable, sound output is routed to the headphone jack (but there is no way to plug in headphone).

If I make a cable without the headphone plug, thus leaving sound to play in PSP, will the cable work?

I understand by inserting a headphe plug, power is activated in the serial port. But the cable does not need power so it should work?

Or does it need the headphone to be inserted to activate the serial port for the GPS cable to work?

Can you (in MapThis) make the sound output in PSP even if a headphone is inserted, as you will to plug in GPS cable?

r2000
May 11th, 2007, 15:14
I do understand that headphone jack is not occupied if one uses PSP-290.

g4tidus
June 4th, 2007, 22:54
I do not know if this thread is dead yet or w/e....But originally when i first began trying to use this program I also experienced the same initial problem as you. Following is the sequence of problems I found I had and solution I used:

FIRST: Could not start the program, there were two different icons for the program.
Problem: I had MapThis! v3.0 and was trying v. 4.99 Eboot,
Solution: I wiped the mapthis folders on the psp, downloaded and installed Mapthis! v4.0, and pasted the updated 4.99 eboot file and "system" folder into the "mapviewer" folder.

SECOND: Started up the PSP and same problem as before
PROBLEM & SOLUTION: I do not know why, but when i wiped and reinstalled MT!v4.0 and then pasted the "eboot" file into the "mapviewer%" folder, and the "system" folder into the "mapviewer" folder, this kind of fixed the two icon problem.

THIRD: I started up the PSP, finally there was only a single MT! icon, and it started up. Too bad what came up was not English, but lots of exclamation points and jumbled letters.
Solution: I redid everything again, but did not copy v4.99 system folder, only updated the eboot

And this is where I am at right now, and it seems to be working.
The biggest puzzlement to me right now is why the new eboots are always in the "mapviewer" folder update (when it only seems to work if placed in the "mapviewer%" folder) and why whenever I update something else besides the eboot, the program no longer displays english/is comprehensible.....
too bad

What I found out after some tweaking/file moving