PDA

View Full Version : PSP Player WIP News - Tales Of Eternia Goes In Game

wraggster
May 12th, 2007, 08:09
UPDATE Welcome Diggers and Engadget Visitors, Tyranid has comitted a stunning new version of his PSP remote control software RemoteJoy into the development branch of the PSPDEV repository. and it allows full remote control of a PSP -- including the transfer of the display screen to your PC. Check out the full details HERE (http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/psp-screen-to-pc-via-usb-howto-62692.html)[/B]

Noxa (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/search.php?searchid=1172807) has posted another screenshot and a little update on his PSP Emulator for Windows:

http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/PspPlayer-2007.05.11.03-TalesOfEterniaMenu.JPG

Got it to the menu... kind of. The scene animates in, but when I try to hit start it crashes.

DIGG THIS NEWS (http://digg.com/gaming_news/Export_Your_PSP_Screen_to_a_PC)

http://digg.com/gaming_news/Export_Your_PSP_Screen_to_a_PC

What Games would you like to see Noxa attempt to get working on this PSP Emulator for WIndows ?

Heres a recap for those who have missed the previous news about this emulator

A coder called Noxa has posted that he has been working on his own PSP Emulator for over a year:

Firstly Heres some screens

http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/PspPlayer-2007.05.07.04-PuzzleBobble.JPG

First commercial game :) There are a few things missing, like the guide lines while playing, but other than that it works! Speed is pretty good, but is being held back by some bad OpenGL code and probably some game-instructed waits that are taking too long. I actually listen when the game says 'pause for this amount of time' - maybe I should only wait for half the time requested or something. My CPU sits almost idle while playing.

http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/PspPlayer-2007.03.24.01-PSPTris.JPG

http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/PspPlayer-2007.05.07.01-TrigWars.JPG

Although the emulator is pretty advanced, it is also in its early stages. This means that the screenshots you see here aren't that pretty yet.

2007-05-07 - Trigonometry Wars
Fixed textures up and now trigwars runs. In fact, it runs REALLY well, and is fully playable. Cool!

2007-03-24 - PSPTris (game)
Whoa! By some form of black magic, PSPTris now runs in game! Sometimes control input is missed, and there is a random flicker here or there but other than that the game runs PERFECTLY. I have two or three things to fix (the OSK doesn't work because it does something weird, and I need to implement clipping in the video driver), but after that I can say that it works! Well, classic and original modes do, anyway. The color mode runs really slow, and I'm not sure why.

Gizmo356
May 12th, 2007, 08:11
It would be awesome if Dragon ball Z: Shin Budokai another road was working.

toto
May 12th, 2007, 08:54
The best would be to choose a game which uses a maximum of the psp features so that It will increase the compatibility of the emulator on multiple games at the same time.

Prasoc
May 12th, 2007, 09:59
this is real cool gl on the emulator

DarthPaul
May 12th, 2007, 10:09
I wonder if this is real.

Anyways,I would like to see games like Tekken: Dark Resurection, DJ Max Portable 2...those kind of games that the Iso's are way too big. So I could play them on the PC and I won't have to waste my Memory Stick's space.

Mew
May 12th, 2007, 11:30
I would like to see Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops on it :)

RDToT
May 12th, 2007, 12:00
this is gonna be cool
do your best dude

sappo
May 12th, 2007, 12:39
3D games are ALWAYS the last thing to be emulated correctly.

2D games are simplier and faster, so you will not see any 3D game emulated before some time :P

Mc_Logical
May 12th, 2007, 12:45
dude emulators like the ps1/ps2/n64 run on a pc ok, so thats bullshizz what u just said,give it time and lets see what the developers do...

parkermauney
May 12th, 2007, 13:54
Am I the only one that thinks a Psp emulator should run a PSp firmware?

Sonicboy 101
May 12th, 2007, 13:57

Yes
Anyway, I hope this emulator develops into something good...

pt9087
May 12th, 2007, 14:05
I wonder if this is real.

Anyways,I would like to see games like Tekken: Dark Resurection, DJ Max Portable 2...those kind of games that the Iso's are way too big. So I could play them on the PC and I won't have to waste my Memory Stick's space.

use USBHostfs to use your pc hard drive as a mem stick.

karsten
May 12th, 2007, 14:17
i would enjoy Final Fantasy Tactics: Lion Wars! in future releases we might be able to play pvp on internet even!

Basil Zero
May 12th, 2007, 14:21
Its amazing that these emulators are popping up faster than N64 R series, SNES 9xTYL, Dgen, Gpsp did lol

sappo
May 12th, 2007, 14:37
dude emulators like the ps1/ps2/n64 run on a pc ok, so thats bullshizz what u just said,give it time and lets see what the developers do...

Dude, inform yourself well before talking.

PS1 emulator it's perfect (and on some games, still isn't) after 5 years of development, N64 emulators still have problems with some games and PS2 emulator it's in development from 3 years and it's still PAINSTAKINGLY slow.

So, let's think a moment before talking, 'k?

The PSP firmware it's rather simple to emulate, but the author doesn't include it because that would mean emulating all the XMB and people start complaining "I WANT MP3z On MAH PSP emulator!!! wtffff!1111" or "cuz the menu it's bugged i want a perfect menu 4 my psp emulator cuz i like perfect thingz" and this would REALLY bother the author.

So, for the moment it's better to emulate ELFs in HLE, without any direct firmware emulation.

Its amazing that these emulators are popping up faster than N64 R series, SNES 9xTYL, Dgen, Gpsp did lol

It's a moment. Every author makes something similiar, like it happened for DS. Now all the DS emulators are out of development, except for No$gba. The other PSP emulator it's ALREADY out of development, so let's hope that even this will not be discontinued.

Tetris999
May 12th, 2007, 15:07

actually what he said it right, and yes 3D games can be run on a pc, but emulating them is a whole lot more than to how "good" your computer is

take a look at the n64 emulator on the pc (PROJECT 64) it still has some bugs in it, and it still being worked on (even after all these years when it was started in like i thought it was 2001) to render psp 3d graphics it would mean that you would have to map all the textures blah blah blah to the computer, in short it would take a LONG time, and as he said he has been working on this emulator for a year and he is having trouble rendering 2d graphics in game, so technically the guy was right, it will take a long time

i haven't tried the ps2 emulator but i head they are still realeasing versions to correct its problems, and this is a team of developers coding it, and its taking them that much time

Buddy4point0
May 12th, 2007, 15:26
sweet man! i cant wait for this emulator. thanks for the frequent updates.

DPyro
May 12th, 2007, 15:29
AFAIK he's the only one working on this, which means it could take a looong time for games to work correctly in it.

sappo
May 12th, 2007, 15:33
actually what he said it right, and yes 3D games can be run on a pc, but emulating them is a whole lot more than to how "good" your computer is

take a look at the n64 emulator on the pc (PROJECT 64) it still has some bugs in it, and it still being worked on (even after all these years when it was started in like i thought it was 2001) to render psp 3d graphics it would mean that you would have to map all the textures blah blah blah to the computer, in short it would take a LONG time, and as he said he has been working on this emulator for a year and he is having trouble rendering 2d graphics in game, so technically the guy was right, it will take a long time

i haven't tried the ps2 emulator but i head they are still realeasing versions to correct its problems, and this is a team of developers coding it, and its taking them that much time

Thanks dude, so there are people that think out there :D

pkmaximum
May 12th, 2007, 16:28
Well this should help developers a lot, cause this would be even easier to deal with than PSP Link.... I look forward to see the progress that progresses from this emulator.

emuking
May 12th, 2007, 20:37
hmm i am a pirate :)
come on everybody sing

sappo
May 12th, 2007, 22:31
hmm i am a pirate :)
come on everybody sing

It will require a bit before big hits will be emulated. I foresee that the next games that will be emulated will be games like Karol Vorderman' Sudoku that no one plays :D

It's because crappy games are simplier to emulate :p

knownX
October 29th, 2007, 07:52
looks good cant wait for full launch

keitarocks
July 23rd, 2012, 05:55
nice emulator thanks