PDA

View Full Version : gmdl help !!!!

bhubiz
May 12th, 2007, 11:13
hi,

i finally got "map this" to work.

i tried using gmdl0.4.15 to download maps but couldn't. all i got is a whole lot of .png files and GSFS, GSFS1, GSFS2, GSFS3, GSFS4.

i copied these to
memory stick/psp/game/mapviewer/map/(created this folder)london/

and it didn;t work.
I saw that on the sample map of new york subway....there a number of folders labled 1x , 2x, 3x, 4x etc..... with sub folders 000, 001 etc....

please help .... and teach me how to use gmdl software.

thanks

dreetje9
May 12th, 2007, 13:25
hi,

i finally got "map this" to work.

i tried using gmdl0.4.15 to download maps but couldn't. all i got is a whole lot of .png files and GSFS, GSFS1, GSFS2, GSFS3, GSFS4.

i copied these to

and it didn;t work.
I saw that on the sample map of new york subway....there a number of folders labled 1x , 2x, 3x, 4x etc..... with sub folders 000, 001 etc....

please help .... and teach me how to use gmdl software.

thanks

Inside the folder "map" you need to create a map _london (you forgot the underscore).

Then it will work i guess

Liquid Smoke
May 12th, 2007, 13:46
yea just add an _ to the London folder

so it'll be .../map/_London/

and then in there just put the GPSFS files, it'll work, so no need to use the PNG files since they will take more space and take very long to transfer.

bhubiz
May 12th, 2007, 17:44
i did add the "_" infront of london..........but when i load it on mapthis.....it says:-

"loading map" then the memory stick light flashes and doesn't stop ultimately freezing the screen.

please help.

An0nJ0hn
May 12th, 2007, 18:20
i did add the "_" infront of london..........but when i load it on mapthis.....it says:-

"loading map" then the memory stick light flashes and doesn't stop ultimately freezing the screen.

please help.

What is the size of the map you are trying to load?

Try this. When you start Map This! load the _Global_Map that comes zipped with Map This! first (make sure you unzip it before placing it on your memory card). If you can't fit the _Global_Map on your memory stick with the map you want on the memory stick then just make a really small map that will fit on the memory stick with the map you want. That should load fine.
Next, press select to go back to the map selection screen and then select the map you're trying to open.

I am using a 3+ gig map of South Florida and occasionally it gets stuck as you are describing. I just load the _Global_Map first and then the large map loads fine.
It is also possible that the map you are trying to load is too large.

Good luck and let me know how it works out.

bhubiz
May 12th, 2007, 18:41
the map i am trying to load is 8.84 mb... is that too big?

An0nJ0hn
May 12th, 2007, 19:27
the map i am trying to load is 8.84 mb... is that too big?

No, that's not too big. Did the _Global_Map load properly? Did you try to load it?

bhubiz
May 13th, 2007, 09:59
i got it ..... working now. i just installed mapthis again and it;s working.
thanks AnOnJOhn....

another question. geodata ... does it work in the us...cause i can't download the geodata in the uk.
to find addresses i nead geodata right .????

An0nJ0hn
May 13th, 2007, 20:02
i got it ..... working now. i just installed mapthis again and it;s working.
thanks AnOnJOhn....

another question. geodata ... does it work in the us...cause i can't download the geodata in the uk.
to find addresses i nead geodata right .????

Your welcome. Yes, the Geodata works in the U.S. I honestly don't know if that is what enables me to look up address' or not. It may very well be.

mymegamouth
May 13th, 2007, 20:42
Just a thought, but will it affect Mapthis! according to what kernel mode your using at all?, i use 1.5 kernel, and i get the same problems suggested by bhubiz, does anyone know if this affects the way it works, also, could plugins affect the performance? thanks for a speedy reply anyone ;p lol

An0nJ0hn
May 13th, 2007, 21:03
Just a thought, but will it affect Mapthis! according to what kernel mode your using at all?, i use 1.5 kernel, and i get the same problems suggested by bhubiz, does anyone know if this affects the way it works, also, could plugins affect the performance? thanks for a speedy reply anyone ;p lol

You must be using the Holux GPS version, right?
I can't speak from experience about that version as I use the PSP-290 GPS receiver.

Exactly what problem bhubiz mentioned are you having?

If I recall correctly plugins can effect the performance of the app. I use the IRMP3.prx plugin on my 3.10 OE-A and it does not effect Map This!. Someone earlier/elsewhere said that the CWCheat plugin does effect Map This! but I don't use cheats so I don't know from personal experience.