PDA

View Full Version : Question about other "mapdownload-places" in GMDL

dreetje9
May 12th, 2007, 14:44
Hi, this is a question/request for ins7ne and deniska:

Would it be possible to implement other site's for calculating route's in GMDL; for example www.viamichelin.com?

Map24 is also in GMDL, but when will it be able to use this site for making a route?

I ask this, because Map24 and viamichelin are 2 sites who give you the ability of not travelling on "interstate roads", but you can calculate a way on nice smaller roads.

This because i drive motorcycle, and i would really like to use GMDL and mapthis on my PSP for making routes to foreign countries, without having to drive over the mainroads that google maps and Virtual Earth give me.

EDIT: I saw you can enter waypoints in maps.google.nl, so i can make my own route i think.

So the only question now is if www.viamichelin.com can be implemented in GMDL, and when map24 will be available in GMDL

in7ane
May 12th, 2007, 16:33
map24 used to work before but they changed their setup to make it more difficult to strip out directions (European mapping companies seem to be very paranoid about their data, or maybe they just want to force people into signing their API contract - which I unfortunately can not do as part of GMDL development).

Similarly viamichelin.com used to have a somewhat awkward setup for stripping data - I'll try to take a look at it again if it's gotten any better.

dreetje9
May 12th, 2007, 16:51
map24 used to work before but they changed their setup to make it more difficult to strip out directions (European mapping companies seem to be very paranoid about their data, or maybe they just want to force people into signing their API contract - which I unfortunately can not do as part of GMDL development).

Similarly viamichelin.com used to have a somewhat awkward setup for stripping data - I'll try to take a look at it again if it's gotten any better.

Alright, thanks for the answer, I'll just be patient and wait, and in the meantime use google maps for my routes.