PDA

View Full Version : Halo 3 Beta goes live early!

wraggster
May 12th, 2007, 21:59
via cvg (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=163830)

The much-anticipated Halo 3 multiplayer beta is up and running as Microsoft gives select members of the press early access to the multiplayer beta.

It's not scheduled to go live until Wednesday, May 16 but there are well over 1000 Microsoft and Bungie employees sharpening their skills on the game as well as select members of the press RIGHT NOW.

CVG got its code a few hours ago at a special hands-on event in central London this evening and we've been flying the flag and hammering all three maps and various game modes ever since.

You can play solo or team-based game types in ranked and un-ranked modes. Game modes appearing in Slayer so far include Shotty Snipers and Rockets aside form standard deathmatch modes.

WilDThraxter
May 12th, 2007, 22:04
Thats me!!! :)
Man, its so awsome!!
Give me a FR when ur on everyone :)
GT = WilDThraxter

wolfpack
May 12th, 2007, 22:19
... i wish i had a code to get in...

Destroyer699
May 12th, 2007, 22:26
Well, at least I get it next week...

BrooksyX
May 13th, 2007, 07:28
Hopefully I will be able to rent a copy of the crackdown next week.

SmashinGit
May 13th, 2007, 10:16
Can't wait, my copy of Crackdown is by my 360 waiting. ;)

gdf
May 13th, 2007, 12:16
you bastards all have broadband. high speed internet SLUTS! *storms out in tears*

SBN
May 13th, 2007, 14:15
Can't wait to play on my friends Xbox360 ;)

WilDThraxter
May 13th, 2007, 14:26
Ive bin playin it for the past 2 days and its awsome!!!!!

Controller magnetism has been toned down alot and theres a little less auto aim, Meaning i couldn't hit anything in my first game, but now alls well :)

Homing on the Plasme pistol is nearly non-existent

No sword, pistol or radar scrambler in the public beta

No lock on with rockets

There is lock on with the missile pod

You can't take the turret of the hog but holding B does let you pick up the floor mounted turrets

Team speak is a little anoying to press, but the new activate mic noise is awsome

The black and green pics bungie have been releasing is what the sniper sees when ur not zoomed. It looks very cool.

The spartan laser is awsome!! It feels very ballenced. it takes a while to charge up and when doing so emits a laser pointer so u can tell when your in trouble :) You can also hear the laser pointer, if that makes sence

Needler is now a "Go To" weapon

Spike grenades dont seem to go as far when youve thrown them.

Grenades are faster and less arked when you throw them

Weapons, grenades, equipment and bodies role down hills :)

Any other quesions, please ask!! i Know id have a million if i wasnt one of the lucky few ;)

WilDThraxter