PDA

View Full Version : Why GTA IV is set in Liberty City

wraggster
May 12th, 2007, 22:08
via cvg (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=163779)

Rockstar vice president of creative Dan Houser has been talking about why the firm decide on New York as the setting for GTA IV.

"We've always wanted to do New York properly," he said in the latest issue of Official Xbox Magazine. "With GTA III we were*dealing with so many technical issues that we didn't really think trying to make somewhere like a real place was important at the time and then we discovered later that gave an added element of content to the place."

He added, "We've got a full time team of researchers and photographers in the office in New York who get emails from the artists in Scotland saying, 'hey can you find out that this building's like, or what the traffic flow's like around here?' or the designers want to find out how the law systems work. We wouldn't be as confident doing a next-gen game the way we wanted, somewhere we didn't have a base."

Shazmo
May 12th, 2007, 23:13
Jack Thompson is gonna go off at its photoreleastic gfx while shooting ppl in a PERFECT virtual city of NY

by the way, why is this in the Wii + DS section,
I admit, the wii might get a GTA3 gfx version, but that chance is too slim to be posting all GTA4 related news in 'network news' or whatever, can u please stick to the xbox / xbox 360 sections wraggster?

solid12345
May 13th, 2007, 00:14
Uhm i'm confused, headline says GTA IV is in Liberty City, yet story says New York City?

superpomme
May 13th, 2007, 03:00
same difference, they just have to rename it

Basil Zero
May 13th, 2007, 06:30
Well its not a wonder why they would make it in New York, originally the game takes place in new york(i mean III), but they wanted to make it more realistic, and what better time than the time of the 7th generation game systems, especially two powerful systems.