PDA

View Full Version : No San Andreas Stories for PSP

wraggster
May 13th, 2007, 00:30
via gta4.net (http://www.gta4.net/news/3870/more-gta-iv-details-from-official-playstation-magazine-australia/)

When asked about a San Andreas Stories for the PSP, he replies saying that they don't have any plans for that at the moment, suggesting that they likely haven't started at all on another GTA PSP title.

So there you have it.

Gold Line
May 13th, 2007, 00:32
:( i wanted a new/good gta game on psp

wolfpack
May 13th, 2007, 00:35
whaddya bet theyre lying right now, and that they prolly have one very early alpha in the works. we heard this same thing at first for vice city stories. theyll come out with it, give it time

Veskgar
May 13th, 2007, 00:41
Good. This news doesn't bother me. I couldn't stand San Andreas. I much prefer the first two.

Of course, that's just my opinion.

Mc_Logical
May 13th, 2007, 01:13
the first 2? thats prob because their easier lol i completed san andreas 100% taken a fair while though, and i prefered that game to the other 2, i hope it does come to psp, but still excited for GTA IV

SSaxdude
May 13th, 2007, 01:20
I don't really care. VCS was disappointing. It's time for GTA to move to the next generation.

cashboxz02
May 13th, 2007, 01:53
they should make a gta with detroit

gamerremag
May 13th, 2007, 02:07
they should make the next gta in providence, RI...

san andreas stories is dated for 2008 (gta IV is this october)

Next gen all the way (yay ps3 exclusive content, shut up you xbox owners that were to cheap to buy a ps3)

Cokemusic
May 13th, 2007, 02:07
GTA SA top one of the top 10 selling PS2 titles ever.

Not going to be on the PSP.....right.

Buddy4point0
May 13th, 2007, 02:08
i have lcs and thats all i need.

Veskgar
May 13th, 2007, 02:10
the first 2? thats prob because their easier lol i completed san andreas 100% taken a fair while though, and i prefered that game to the other 2, i hope it does come to psp, but still excited for GTA IV

Yeah, the first 2 were more preferred. I think GTA in general is just over-hyped. They are amazingly designed games with pretty good controls. But I find myself getting slowly tired of the series.

San Andreas was annoying to me because I really can't stand the whole "hip-hop" urban thing. And that game was set in that style almost 100%. I couldn't stand the dialog, the music, and most of the characters.

So, although they are excellent games in their own right, I'm looking forward to gaming beyond GTA.

they should make the next gta in providence, RI...
Yeah, or Boston, MA... with an Irish Mob theme since the Italian theme was already used.

superpomme
May 13th, 2007, 02:53
i think gta should redo gta-london, or give a try at the mafia setting. i love mafia, i well want a remake of that,

Solidsnake3000
May 13th, 2007, 05:07
despair the billy
zetsubou billy

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=2015341774

Basil Zero
May 13th, 2007, 06:21
well it was obvious why they wont release it or make it, I mean, how would it be possible except if they TOTALLY downgrade the game.

Instead they should make a whole totally different GTA, I say a remake of the older GTAs.

Mc_Logical
May 13th, 2007, 07:36
Yeah, the first 2 were more preferred. I think GTA in general is just over-hyped. They are amazingly designed games with pretty good controls. But I find myself getting slowly tired of the series.

San Andreas was annoying to me because I really can't stand the whole "hip-hop" urban thing. And that game was set in that style almost 100%. I couldn't stand the dialog, the music, and most of the characters.

So, although they are excellent games in their own right, I'm looking forward to gaming beyond GTA.

Yeah, or Boston, MA... with an Irish Mob theme since the Italian theme was already used.
yea it was kinda drug,theiving,nigga`z lol and i dont like gangsta hip hop either, i like real hip hop with meaning

.:}<3\/!}\{:.
May 13th, 2007, 10:37
yeah i think its good news, they should really just make new GTAs instead of remakes.

01cooperl
May 13th, 2007, 11:04
They won't need to downgrade the game as such. The psp has the speed and graphical capabilities to run a port like GTA:SA. Its just two major problems that are shadowing this remake.

1. The size of the UMD. Although it could be probably easy to create a larger capacity UMD.

2. Loading times, the PSP's RAM is tiny of something like GTA to be pulled off, and smooth. The other 2 only just managed to make it smooth. There is definately a big issue on loading times as the game will need to loaded for every sector of the game.

SOLUTION: Don't put fast cars in! Just ***gio's, then the PSP has plenty of time to load! :P

Boopop
May 13th, 2007, 12:47
Yeah cause, all PSPs can easily support a "bigger" UMD, that they haven't designed.

I think the basic reasoning behind this is that they're currently working on GTA IV, and trying to re-create san andreas on the psp would be a waste due to the limitations of the console, and making a completely new game just for the PSP would probably be a waste of resources for Rockstar.

Waqs
May 13th, 2007, 15:21
san andreas was one of the best ps2 games period.. i dont know if it would come to psp though.

I have to admit though vice city stories did not live up to the hype

gamerremag
May 13th, 2007, 18:03

I thought of the Boston one, but i was hoping that they would put the whole city in the game, i dont understand why they wouldnt do that? why not copy the whole city? The game could be cheap because of all the advertising............

stotheamuel
May 13th, 2007, 18:36
They won't need to downgrade the game as such. The psp has the speed and graphical capabilities to run a port like GTA:SA. Its just two major problems that are shadowing this remake.

1. The size of the UMD. Although it could be probably easy to create a larger capacity UMD.

SOLUTION: Don't put fast cars in! Just ***gio's, then the PSP has plenty of time to load! :P

I think multiple UMD's would work one for each island.

and I love how they censor ***gio

Cokemusic
May 13th, 2007, 19:06
yea it was kinda drug,theiving,nigga`z lol and i dont like gangsta hip hop either, i like real hip hop with meaning

You idiot "real hip hop" is gangster if you look at the origins or the music you'll find many of the rappers that came from the ghetto's conveyed that message to the wider audience even if it was the case that they wern't really gangster themselves.

Thefore this "real hip hop with meaning"that you like is not the original hip hop , meaning that it can't be "real" hip hop since it's varied from the orginal style of hip hop.

I don't really like hop hop either but it anoys me that people that think they know about it like "MC Logical" (how ironic) think they do know something about it.

wind_mill
May 14th, 2007, 15:06
Im not a big fan of SA. Vice city is my favourite out of all the three.

The state of San Andreas was too big for my taste, it was cumborsome to memorise it.

Vice city was the perfect size. Not too big nor too small. That actually makes it more fun imo.

I found myself constantly driving for minutes in SA and it got kinda boring. The size of the city seemed to be more of a novelty.