PDA

View Full Version : My 'Revenge of the Sith' review

WHurricane16
May 26th, 2005, 04:53
I did a search on here and I noticed no one has spoken of seeing this great movie yet. I saw it myself last night (don't ask me how) and I must say it's great. Now, before any of you think I'm some big fanboy some of you might recall I have openly bashed George Lucas for the past 2 pieces of trash he has delivered, mainly Episode II. He had a bad habit of forcing so much in his movies I couldn't find Clones watchable. I have yet the see the movie in it's entirety, and I find Hayden Christensen to be worthless. Well, Lucas and Christensen redeemed themselves.

I'm not going to give any spoilers, but for the most part everyone knows this movie shows Darth Vader, the new apprentice to Lord Sidious f'king up Jedi's left and right....and the Jedi's he kills will show you how confused Sidious made him. The movie gives an outstanding reason why Anakin took the path he took, and the Episode II did a good job of showing how unstable his decision making process is and his bouts with jealousy of his long time mentor and friend, Obi Wan. It definitely continued in this movie and the decisions he make cost the Jedi dearly. Lucas did some bold things in this movie considering the amount of violence & death associated with it, and showing how Darth Vader came to be so badly damaged and requiring of a suit to survive.

Another complaint of the series I have had was the uninspiring, unbelievalbe (as in bad acting and character development) romance between Padme and Anakin. It seemed a little more believable in the end when Padme finally realizes that her husband is one fudged up S.O.B. Of course, Anakin's jealousy spouts up again and totally blinds him of any true peace with anyone around him. The guy is one big ball of hate.

The movie ties up every little storyline in the entire series nicely: how come C3PO doesn't remember jack squat (but this movie surely suggest R2D2 knew of all ep. 1-3 events the entire time in the classic movies), why Luke & Leia were split up, why Yoda went into hiding, why Obi Wan was on Tatooine in Episode 4, why Obi Wan was able to speak to Luke & Yoda after death, and how the Republic became so much a sham. Palpatine calculated everything for a very, very long time.

The violence for a Star Wars movie and the fight scenes (which I usually don't dig but this was cool) made this movie the best since Empire Strikes Back and in my honest opinion rivals that movie. I give the movie a 4 out of 5. Christensen acting is still shyser, but he played one good pissed off s.o.b. Ewan McGregor did a better job than he did in Clones (I thought he was great in Episode 1). The fight scene between Darth Vader & Obi Wan Kenobi (and the dialogue before and after it) makes you feel for the characters, especially when you see the fate of Padme and her twin children after the lives altering fight betwen Obi-Wan and Vader. It's not a spoiler to say that Obi Wan f'cks up Vader....but he should have killed him when he had the chance.

Probably a bad review, but I'm going on 2 hours of sleep. I'm probably going to watch this beast again just so I can cover anything I might need to clarify or left anything out and I also want to watch Episode 4 again because I have one more question about the entire C3PO/R2D2/Obi-Wan/Darth Vader relationship. For the most part, George Lucas saved his own ass in spades!

EDIT: For you Jar Jar Binks fans (me included, I never understood the outcry) he makes 2 appearances in this one, but he doesn't speak at all. Lucas still gave Ahmed Best credit for this movie, though.

ptr.exe
May 26th, 2005, 13:43
For you Jar Jar Binks fans (me included, I never understood the outcry) he makes 2 appearances in this one, but he doesn't speak at all

At least he doesnt speak, stupid Jar Jar.

**mumbles to self for several minutes about how Jar Jar Binks ruined life**

Cap'n 1time
May 26th, 2005, 14:21
At least he doesnt speak, stupid Jar Jar.

**mumbles to self for several minutes about how Jar Jar Binks ruined life**

It is written, *Thoes who speak like Jar Jar surely must die*.. Its not actually written, but many people are firm believers.

ptr.exe
May 26th, 2005, 17:21
I'm a strong believer in the Jar Jar Creation Theory;

"In the beginning there was Jar, then came another Jar. Everything was good. Suddenly child-like jibberish was uttered and he became Jar Jar Binks... all evil was born on that day, mankind has suffered ever since."

wraggster
June 6th, 2005, 22:09
i loved the movie too but i do hope that they bring an extended version of it out on dvd