PDA

View Full Version : Kingdom Hearts Set For TGS

wraggster
May 13th, 2007, 00:47
Kingdom Hearts wasn't represented all that well at this year's Square Enix Party here in Chiba, Japan. With Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix already out, and no officially announced titles on the way, it seemed that the Disney/Square Enix crossover would be limited to a few cosplayers and some character models in the large goods shop.

And then we managed to sneak into the Closed Mega Theater video presentation, a tradition at all Square Enix events where the latest footage for upcoming games see debut under the scrutiny of a billion "no-photography" signs and dozens of Square Enix employees with ears trained on the sound of a cell phone being opened. In between the new footage of Final Fantasy XIII and Final Fantasy Disidia (details coming soon!) was a short teaser for an all new entry in the Kingdom Hearts series!

From what we could tell, the trailer consisted of nothing more than CG footage from older titles. At the end came a promise of the mysterious new game being fully unveiled at this year's Tokyo Game Show, set for September (in the same event hall as the Square Enix Party, actually).

The existence of a new Kingdom Hearts game shouldn't come as a surprise, as producer Tetsuya Nomura hasn't been too shy with the Japanese press about the matter. But now that the game's existence has been formally announced to the world through the trailer, the real speculation can begin. What platform? Is it Kingdom Hearts III, or is it a spinoff (the latter is more likely given Nomura's previous comments). We'd suggest that you pace your message board posts on the matter, as TGS is still a few months away.

via ign (http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/787/787960p1.html)

The King
May 13th, 2007, 01:36
wow

alucard001
May 13th, 2007, 02:44
holy crap! this is the reason why i bought my ps3

Shadowblind
May 13th, 2007, 02:49
Hey alucard! Im coming to steal your PS3 when it comes out. Don't worry, I don't need it anymore after that. You can have it after that.

alucard001
May 19th, 2007, 22:47
lol, shadowblind, ill eat ur chirldren

SnesR0X
May 19th, 2007, 23:19
Im going to buy a ps3 the day before Kingdom Hearts 3 comes out, used. No money towards sony! :D

Shadowblind
May 19th, 2007, 23:21
Ok, hey Snes Ill steal then return yours after beating it.