PDA

View Full Version : Wifi Power Saver v1.5

wraggster
May 13th, 2007, 03:13
News/release from Mr305:

Hello. Here I present my plugin:
The Wifi Power Saver v1.5 [NEW!]
It has been tested on 3.40 OE-A. Should work with all SE's and OE's. Doesn't interfere with other plugins.
I frequently use the web browser, So I decided to create one for myself...After realising it's use, decided to leak it here.

In the NetFront Web Browser, Incase you haven't noticed this, even with WLAN Power Save on, the PSP remains connected to Access Point even after page is fully loaded, which greatly draws the battery power.

1) Press SQUARE+DOWN[Default combo] to turn off Wifi in instant. Purpose: Saves battery a lot.

2) Press SQUARE+Right[Default combo] > to put psp into a lowest clock setting 2/19Mhz + turn off wifi. Press any button it will return to normal mode 222/111Mhz. [/b] Purpose: Saves battery EVEN FURTHER

3) Click any link, or resume surfing, PSP will automatically reconnect to the AP.

4) Optionally change the combo's.

> Edit vsh.txt in seplugins folder and add:
[pspdrive]:\seplugins\WIFIpowsav.pr x -- no spaces

> Copy WifiPowSav.txt to seplugins folder.

> Enable the plugin in Recovery.

>Optional: Change Keycombos in wifipowsav.txt

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments
via mr305 (http://forums.qj.net/f-psp-development-forum-11/t-release-wifi-power-saver-plugin-v1-you-no-longer-need-to-flick-the-wifi-switch-107571.html)

Buddy4point0
May 13th, 2007, 03:33
cool, but i dont really have a problem with my current battery life.

mat_dizzy
May 13th, 2007, 12:39
Nice, Very handy, but i do prefer using the browser for DS than the PSP's. Can get much more typing done in a short amount of time, as i mainly use it for MSN Messenger. Anyway i will install this plugin as it has a very good use. :thumbup:

NoQuarter
May 13th, 2007, 14:35
pretty sick plugin,I could use this.

SpooForBrains
May 13th, 2007, 15:18
nice. I'm not sure I use the browser enough to warrant installing this but it's a damned good idea.