PDA

View Full Version : EvilMana TileEditor 0.4.2.0

wraggster
May 13th, 2007, 03:20
News/release from PSPMillionaire:

I have started a tile editor that I will work on in my spare time.
At this point the editor really isn't of any use. Regardless, I am posting up a first build of it that can be downloaded.
Each addition added to the editor will result in a new build being added and uploaded.

In the end I would like this to be an easy to use 2D map maker with the ability to add collision inside the editor itself.
At this point, that is far into the future. Progress may come slow at times since I don't have a whole lot of time.

I plan to make the editor export to lua, allegro with c++, and maybe c/c++ for psp later on.

Download Instructions:
The program is distributed as a clickonce deployment application.
When you visit the download link below you will see an install link on the page to install the program.
You may have to download the .NET Framework if you don't have that already. It should let you know if you need it.
It is required to use Internet Explorer to visit the link below and download.
It will not work correctly using Firefox.
When you download and install the program it will be accessible from your Start menu, and can be uninstalled from Add or Remove Programs in your Control Panel.

Up to date information as well as the download location will be posted on my forum at http://forums.evilmana.com/index.php?topic=724.msg67 68#msg6768

Updating:
Updating the program as new versions are released is as simple as running the program.
Each time the tile editor is run it will check for an updated version, and give you the option to install it, considering you're connected to the internet.
At anytime you may roll back to a previous version from Add or Remove Programs in Control Panel by choosing to uninstall, which will give you the
option to uninstall or roll back to a previous version.

Current Release:

Version/Added Features:

0.4.2.0 (5/12/07):

* 16x16 Tiles removed for now due to technical issues with this size
* Resolution added when creating New Map. Adjusts the display size of map.
* Exporting of a lua map added
* Exporting of scrolling lua maps added. Exports 2 files. One is the map info, the other the main game code.
(Future versions will include a player with the scrolling map)

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Buddy4point0
May 13th, 2007, 03:31
dude if u get collition working on this it will make shura doriima 100x easyer! thanks! doing collition by hand takes forever.

neosayuki
May 13th, 2007, 17:31
Yeah without collsion it seems betaish but at least you guys are trying something new.