PDA

View Full Version : Can you download any game for free on Wii?

Zorro725
May 13th, 2007, 06:48
Can you download any game for free on Wii? If so, how and what will I need? P.S. pls explain the terminologies while explaining.

firedemon727
May 13th, 2007, 14:03
You'll need to buy WiiPoints in order to buy old games from the Virtual Console. If your talking about brand new games, you can't talk about this here.

JKKDARK
May 13th, 2007, 14:20
Can you download any game for free on Wii? If so, how and what will I need? P.S. pls explain the terminologies while explaining.

Virtual Console games: As firedemon727, you need to buy WiiPoints and later with these points, buy the games.
Wii games: There are not even downloable Wii games, so you need to buy them in a local shop or some site like eBay.

160R
May 14th, 2007, 18:12
Well, if you mean old home system games (those from Virtual Console and other systems such as Scumm, GBA, Game Gear, Neo Geo Pocket,...) you can play roms through SD Gecko + AR

But you need to own original games to legally play the roms.

gunntims0103
May 14th, 2007, 19:42
Downloading free wii games = pirating

Which is illegal

parkermauney
May 14th, 2007, 23:00
Oh god! Did you just mention piracy on dcemu?!?

KILL HIM!!!

Cormin
May 18th, 2007, 12:13
what about booting ROM files you legally own?

JKKDARK
May 18th, 2007, 13:30
what about booting ROM files you legally own?

Yes, if you make a rom/image of your own game with the correct stuff, it's legal

jonezybaby
May 18th, 2007, 14:49
Wii games: There are not even downloable Wii games

there are downloadable wii games, i no were 2 get them, and b4 u start callin me a pirate i dont own a wii.....

chrisnoob
May 18th, 2007, 14:55
bittorrent has stuff...but dont download anything ilegal ;)

JKKDARK
May 18th, 2007, 15:11
there are downloadable wii games, i no were 2 get them, and b4 u start callin me a pirate i dont own a wii.....

There are not downloable Wii games legally. If Nintendo announce it, then tell me.

AuroEdge
June 10th, 2007, 13:43
Yes, if you make a rom/image of your own game with the correct stuff, it's legal

More specifically you must make an image of the ROM without bypassing copy protection.

junglerocket
February 28th, 2008, 12:27
I guess, Im opening up myself for attack by mentioning that I have used these download sites before. These sites are rather illegal...but cheap too.

bah
February 28th, 2008, 12:58
The sites are free, but it's you who is cheap.

Please dont bump 8 month old threads to advertise that you know how to download warez, such things have been going on since the BBS days and before. I remember there was an application for the BBC model B (computer from 1983 with 32KB of ram) called ripoff 9 that made exact copies of floppies.

Actually buying the games you value and encouraging developers to make new games is something you can be proud of, knowing how to pirate them is not.

Shrygue
February 28th, 2008, 19:55
Buying the disks from the store is better, simple as. Much better that way.

Downloading Wii game images from torrents is not good and bumping dead old threads like this one is not allowed either.

LOCKAGE