PDA

View Full Version : Ruka's Unofficial Snes9xTYL++ ( BETA) - Snes Emulator for PSP

Chameleon
May 13th, 2007, 11:20
Ruka's Site (http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&u=http://rukapsp.hp.infoseek.co.jp/&sa=X&oi=translate&resnum=1&ct=result&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dhttp://rukapsp.hp.infoseek.co.jp/%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DG)

This is Ruka's modification to Yoyofr's Snes emulator for the psp

Bugfixes are not apparent and/or stated as the source is in japanese. But I have tried Super Mario World and have noticed a great improvement upon speed from the prior release!!!

Enjoy, and remember to give feedback on any differences you notice besides GUI

Download at the official site above

gelon
May 13th, 2007, 12:15
I'm trying it, thanks!!

mat_dizzy
May 13th, 2007, 12:28
w00t! Whohoo cmon! Downloading now! Thank you :)

gelon
May 13th, 2007, 12:33
I tried Nigel Mansell's World Championship Racing and it has the same optimization as ME normal one. It goes well if you disable 'Ignore Palette Writes' but ... sky goes out

chainsawz
May 13th, 2007, 12:43
mwah, hahaha, now i can play zelda, donkey knog, and all my best freinds...
im weird

gelon
May 13th, 2007, 12:46
The sound bug when loading savestates has been fixed (there was a trick before to fix it, but now we dont have to do anything)

Airdevil
May 13th, 2007, 12:57
its a LOT easier to use the home button now

All the roms are basically perfect speed that ive tried.

g00gy
May 13th, 2007, 13:07
There are no speed improvements yet. Star ocean and Bahmut lagoon still have slowdowns.

Sonicboy 101
May 13th, 2007, 13:40
Nice, i'm gonna try this!

Buddy4point0
May 13th, 2007, 13:41
yep, way more roms work correctly! this rocks!

Mc_Logical
May 13th, 2007, 13:49
Cool genna try it, i like to test new emulators like this, damn been awhile for snes

Vangar
May 13th, 2007, 14:18
Super Mario World? I had that playing full speed with 0 frame skip on the last official release?

hack.fool
May 13th, 2007, 14:20
this beta have big improvement:
-by default running at 300 Mhz (and not 333, you can change in the menu)
-by default sound is set to 44100 Hz
-almost all games now run without frameskip so you can leave it to 0
i'm playin Super mario Kart and in Time Trial run fullspeed at 55/60 fps O_o
ruka rules!

Killer Bee
May 13th, 2007, 14:26
Nice work! Downloading now...

NoQuarter
May 13th, 2007, 14:33
awesome ruka,I was just telling my friend that snes hadn't been updated in a while and this comes out!!!

fucht017
May 13th, 2007, 14:35
The opening theme song from Tales of Phantasia stil have crackling sound.....But some games realy go faster....nice improvement on this great Snes emu(Still love those RPG's...):thumbup:

The Hombrew Hunter
May 13th, 2007, 15:43
Great.

The download's broken.

What fun.

Can someone mirror it?

ab_geee_eee
May 13th, 2007, 15:49
great thanks for this. I love snes.

Jonesyxxiv
May 13th, 2007, 15:50
Some games that were unplayablly slow before work perfectly, like sword of mana 2.

S34MU5
May 13th, 2007, 16:03
Maybe a reason to dig out my PSP

The Hombrew Hunter
May 13th, 2007, 16:28
Nevermind.

Just had to download it about 3 times.

Super Mario Kart is almost full speed on 1 frameskip without missing frames, fullspeed on 2 frameskip with some missing frames.

Seiken Densetsu 3 is friggin' perfect.

Rockman and Forte, Megaman 7...

So friggin' awesome.

danger1984
May 13th, 2007, 16:38
so i jus download it?

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments[/QUOTE]

Airdevil
May 13th, 2007, 16:51
so i jus download it?

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

If you have the correct firmware and put the files in the right place then yes.

Gold Line
May 13th, 2007, 16:51
im gona try this right now i hope secret of mana is full speed :)

so i jus download it?

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments[/QUOTE]

:confused:

kharaboudjan
May 13th, 2007, 16:54
nice to see.. its the speed that we need for the snes emu :)

RV2006
May 13th, 2007, 16:54
This is awesome!
I've tried a few games and at the moment I have this to say about them:

Mario Kart: Works alot better, full speed when frameskip is 2 (but slightly jittery)
Puzzle Bobble: Works perfect when frameskip is 2
Megaman X (E): Now works pefectly! 50fps with sound! (used to be arouund 40..)
Kirby super star: Now Its actually playable, but is still slow when frameskip is 3 (about 35-40fps), and very slow in the intro and start screen
Donkey Kong country: Pretty much fullspeed at frameskip 3 (but is a bit slow at the first level, but full 50 in other levels?)
F-ZERO: Fullspeed with frameskip 1 (YAY!)
Pilotwings: Unfortunate to say that it is still quite slow even with framskip 1-3, but still playable
Side pocket: not sure if there were any problems with this one, but it works full speed!
Super Ghouls and Ghost: Now working fullspeed YAY! (no frameskip!)
Super street fighter 2 - the new challengers: FULLSPEED! NO FRAMESKIP! HIYA!
Super Mario RPG: Works good but I sugesst using framskip for this one! (around 3)

This new emulater is awesome huh?
(I think I might make a compatibility list for it!)

unfortunately Starfox and Stunt Race fx are still as slow as my grandma...

but maybe one day....

g00gy
May 13th, 2007, 17:00
Frameskip makes the game jittery and choppy. thats to much of a turnoff for me.

RV2006
May 13th, 2007, 17:17
frameskip 1 and 2 aint so bad
although 3 is quite jittery,
but really it depends on how sprite heavy a game is

oh and a little update:
Megaman 7: Full speed! (no frameskip)

Haven't tried it but its likely that Megaman and Bass works fullspeed as well!

EDIT:
Yoshi's cookie: Fullspeed (no frameskip)
Tetris & Dr Mario: Fullspeed! (no frameskip!)

newmarcom
May 13th, 2007, 17:18
Ogre Battle and Tetris Attack has slowed down to barely playable in this version, even with 333mhz and frameskip.

Auriman1
May 13th, 2007, 17:18
Major improvements. :)

kharaboudjan
May 13th, 2007, 17:24
i tried it out right now.. and i can promise that there is absolutely NO DIFFRENECE from SNESTYL 0.4 ME!!!

perhaps u guys havent tried SNESTYL 0.4 ME for so long so you have forgotten how it was?

jvabbdac
May 13th, 2007, 17:25
Megaman x3 sill crashing ???

Gold Line
May 13th, 2007, 17:25
well i did not see any change to secret of mana but chrono trigger play much faster and smoother :)

neosayuki
May 13th, 2007, 17:29
Any SNes9x release is awesome.

RV2006
May 13th, 2007, 17:41

Where exactly does it crash?
I've been playing it and it hasn't crashed so far,
(but it did slow down when you first control X)
(currently at stage select screen...)

Auriman1
May 13th, 2007, 17:49
I think the main difference between this version and the last is finally having implementation of the SuperFX chip, helping games such as Chrono Trigger, Super Mario RPG, Donkey Kong Country, Kirby Super Star, etc. run much smoother than before.

Gold Line
May 13th, 2007, 17:50
and the home button works now :)

Veskgar
May 13th, 2007, 18:13
I'm confused since this is on Ruka's site. Is this Ruka's adaptation of the latest source code from yoyofr for the Snes9xTYL 0.4.2 ME emulator?

Or is this a different emulator and not part of the new updates yoyo was talking about working on soon?

I wouldn't mind different Snes9xTYL emulators as it may speed up progress in a friendly competitive sort of way.

Is there network play on this version? Thanks to anyone who answer any of my questions.

Chameleon
May 13th, 2007, 18:17
ruka worked on the nes emulator if you recall, i assume he has taken this on... I really wish i knew japanese

I didnt see anything about network play :(

jurkevicz
May 13th, 2007, 18:19
Is there any way to remove those numbers on the top left corner that shows on the screen? Anyway, I've tried and it is definately an improvement over 4.2 me in my opinion.

Chameleon
May 13th, 2007, 18:23
i think if you fullscreen it... i dont remember as i posted this last night.

Ryupowerup
May 13th, 2007, 18:39
Where exactly does it crash?
I've been playing it and it hasn't crashed so far,
(but it did slow down when you first control X)
(currently at stage select screen...)

BAD ROM?

I beat X3 on 0.4.2me

Chameleon
May 13th, 2007, 18:42

Notice he has ??? that means he was asking if it still crashed

hack.fool
May 13th, 2007, 19:00
from the readme:

|Original version by yoyofr(http://yoyofr.fr.st/)
|This veriosn build by ruka(http://rukapsp.hp.infoseek.co.jp/)

i think this is a "private" build n_n

Gold Line
May 13th, 2007, 19:20

Notice he has ??? that means he was asking if it still crashed

so what he should have said is "is megaman x3 still crashing?"

and no it dose not crash anymore

Basil Zero
May 13th, 2007, 19:23
So is this better than SNES 9x TYL 0.4 me?

odino
May 13th, 2007, 19:27
Donkey Kong country: Pretty much fullspeed at frameskip 3 (but is a bit slow at the first level, but full 50 in other levels?)

Donkey run fullspeed without frameskip on snes9xTYL 042me

I think the main difference between this version and the last is finally having implementation of the SuperFX chip, helping games such as Chrono Trigger, Super Mario RPG, Donkey Kong Country, Kirby Super Star, etc. run much smoother than before.

Chrono Trigger work very well on 042me. Anyway, to look this list of special chipsets games
(http://yoyofr.proboards44.com/index.cgi?board=snes9xtyl&action=display&thread=1148047206)

Gold Line
May 13th, 2007, 19:28
So is this better than SNES 9x TYL 0.4 me?

yes you will see games like mario rpg and star fox running much faster

Abgoj
May 13th, 2007, 19:31
so is it worth changing to this beta from snes9xTYL 042 me?

Sonicboy 101
May 13th, 2007, 19:35

Yes

Exophase
May 13th, 2007, 19:42
Wow, look at all this lack of information, lack of sourcecode, and everyone giving completely contradictory information about how this runs. All of this released right after yoyofr announces he'll continue to work on SNES9x TYL (where was this during the year or so when everyone knew he quit working on it?)

Is it really any wonder why I think haphazard forks are less productive than people working together?

Ultima Chocochu
May 13th, 2007, 19:49
Sweet
I've been waiting for this.

CaptainMorgan4
May 13th, 2007, 21:01
Yeah this doesn't really do anything for me, it's not any better than 4.2me. All the games I wanted to play for SNES are already perfect/or damn close in 4.2me so it doesn't help me. The only game I was looking for some help in was Starfox and Starfox 2 (works in 4.2me but no go in this one).

Chameleon
May 13th, 2007, 21:17
It is pretty weird that Ruca's unofficial release is awful close there after of Yoyofr's announcement of working on the emulator.

This is bound to have contradictory information due to the changelog being nonexistant.

but in my review whats new is just some games have speed increases, and the home button works better... but on the other hand i was loading a rom and it froze which has never happened to me with Yoyofr's version.

So... in my opinion it would be best to wait for a complete version from Ruca or maybe even better yet wait for Yoyofr to release the official version.

kharaboudjan
May 13th, 2007, 21:28

No

Understandable
May 13th, 2007, 21:29
can any1 confirm if star fox 2 is playable?

Gold Line
May 13th, 2007, 21:30
No

yes it is tell me why not

kayhanbakid
May 13th, 2007, 21:51
Here's the only thing I've tried. I play Super Mario World quit a bit and I have noticed a difference. Example: The end of castle #1 in the boss battle against Lemmy Koopa (I think that's his name). I always play with auto frameskip. So in parts such as this or against the reznors the framerate used to always drop to around 30 and make it noticably skippy. NOW it stays at around 55-60. This is all I've seen so far in this game.

Also in Super Street Fighter II Turbo: The New Challengers. In levels such as DJ's with a lot of things going in the background it became noticably skippy. Now it's much smoother. But for this game I'd turn off sound. It makes it run much better.

Lodis
May 13th, 2007, 21:56
I tried this and felt like many games were much faster such as Yoshi Super Mario but I wonder if I am just imagining things.

Solidsnake3000
May 13th, 2007, 22:06
too bad i dont use snes any more this sounds good

mfz64
May 13th, 2007, 22:08
cool! downloading now!

hack.fool
May 13th, 2007, 22:13
i thought everyone is waitin Yoyofr to release the official Snes9x but this is a good improvement of his emulator even if is beta

Gold Line
May 13th, 2007, 22:20
too bad i dont use snes any more this sounds good

why dont you use snes anymore? the snes has some of the best games ever made

mavsman4457
May 13th, 2007, 22:20
It's great to see someone pick up someone else's work and try to improve it.

Cloud_35
May 13th, 2007, 22:46
WTF!?!? There's only ONE eboot :confused: what's wrong?

is Super Mario RPG playable now??

starogre
May 13th, 2007, 23:10
WTF!?!? There's only ONE eboot :confused: what's wrong?

is Super Mario RPG playable now??

obviously you don't know what frameskip means, cus i'm in Lands End

ALL I CARE ABOUT IS STARFOX KIRBY AND SLEEP MODE WORKING AND I GUESS NONE OF THOSE WORK, WHAT A CRAPPY VERSION - EXACTLY LIKE THE LAST ONE

Gold Line
May 13th, 2007, 23:19
obviously you don't know what frameskip means, cus i'm in Lands End

ALL I CARE ABOUT IS STARFOX KIRBY AND SLEEP MODE WORKING AND I GUESS NONE OF THOSE WORK, WHAT A CRAPPY VERSION - EXACTLY LIKE THE LAST ONE

how can you say its crap.
its better than nothing.

SpacemanSpiff
May 13th, 2007, 23:25
Some framerate improvements I've noticed:
Super Ghouls n Ghosts:
Level 2
0.42 ME version: 50-51 fps
TYL++ Beta: 54-55 fps
Level 4
0.42 ME Version: 35-40 fps
TYL++ Beta: 45-50 fps
(using same settings/no frameskipping)
Seems like he improved the Mode 7 emulation, and the sound bug is gone as well. This is definitely worth using until Yoyo releases his final build.

DarthPaul
May 13th, 2007, 23:33
Oh cool,a new version. I'm gonna try this one out. But I'm still waiting for the original one. It's good to keep us busy meanwhile. Thanks.

pkmaximum
May 13th, 2007, 23:42
Awesome great to see a new release!

starogre
May 14th, 2007, 00:15
how can you say its crap.
its better than nothing.

when was i comparing it to nothing? i'm comparing it to the last version, get glasses or something...

mike_jmg
May 14th, 2007, 00:41

X3 has never crashed, Iīve beaten the game like 4 times and runs perfect since 0.42me

Megaman X2 has speedup on the boss stages, but they donīt attack (LOL)
They just go from side to side of the screen LOL, and wire sponge powered up like two times, this is really weird :rofl:

psp411
May 14th, 2007, 01:32
cool... glad to see the snes9x emulators still within the views of devs :D :cool:

Jonesyxxiv
May 14th, 2007, 02:04
I think this version is alot better than the last.

not here anymore
May 14th, 2007, 02:36
Dunno who started this shit, dcemu or pspupdates but both site should be blamed for releasing stuff THE AUTHOR DIDN'T WANT RELEASED :/

Ruka says on his tyl lab page to NOT REDISTRIBUTE THOSE BINARIES, for **** sake.

I won't be surprised if he stops posting binaries after this crap.

IF YOU DON'T ****ING READ JAPANESE, DON'T POST SHIT. AT ALL.

BelmontSlayer
May 14th, 2007, 02:36
All of this released right after yoyofr announces he'll continue to work on SNES9x TYL (where was this during the year or so when everyone knew he quit working on it?)

You need to check your sources before you make assumtions. Ruka has been releasing his optimized versions of 0.4.2 since early March. He is also the original coder for NesterJForPSP. He never claimed that it would "work better", nor has he modified the base of the code.

Ruka says on his tyl lab page to NOT REDISTRIBUTE THOSE BINARIES, for **** sake.

I won't be surprised if he stops posting binaries after this crap.

IF YOU DON'T ****ING READ JAPANESE, DON'T POST SHIT. AT ALL.

theshadowrunner is correct. Ruka didn't want the binaries to be hosted off his page. The TC should have just linked instead.

"The binary which is provided here is a beta version. With other things such as distribution, please don't do it no matter what. It is released to be tested by volunteers."

The game _____ is running slow!
There is an easy way to greatly increase the compatibilty of a ton of games. When a game is loaded, the emulator checks the file "snesadvance.dat" for optimization code (aka "Speed Hacks"). The default file that is included with the emulator is VERY old. Therefore there aren't that many speed hacks. However, mog123 (http://boards.pocketheaven.com/viewtopic.php?t=3366) releases an updated version of the superDAT every few weeks. You can get his version here:
http://urashima.cydonianknight.com/snesadvance.dat

By replacing the default one in snes9xTYL/DATA with the new one, a LOT of games will run faster.

[Roger]
May 14th, 2007, 03:21
i only get a Eboot file where does it go?

[Roger]
May 14th, 2007, 03:21
i only get a Eboot file where does it go?

BelmontSlayer
May 14th, 2007, 03:51
']i only get a Eboot file where does it go?

Put it in with the official release and overwrite. Get the official release here:
http://yoyofr92.free.fr/psp/files/snes9xTYL-0.4.2me.rar

Veskgar
May 14th, 2007, 04:28
There is an easy way to greatly increase the compatibilty of a ton of games. When a game is loaded, the emulator checks the file "snesadvance.dat" for optimization code (aka "Speed Hacks"). The default file that is included with the emulator is VERY old. Therefore there aren't that many speed hacks. However, mog123 (http://boards.pocketheaven.com/viewtopic.php?t=3366) releases an updated version of the superDAT every few weeks. You can get his version here:
http://urashima.cydonianknight.com/snesadvance.dat

By replacing the default one in snes9xTYL/DATA with the new one, a LOT of games will run faster.

That was a big help posting that. Thank you very much. I can't wait to try the updated .DAT file as the one I've had is from 1 year ago.

I totally believe that collaborative work is better than separate versions of the code. But finding out that Ruka never intended the binary to be widely distributed clears it up a little bit. Also, I'm not sure if yoyo speaks Japanese so there might be a language barrier.

What pleases me is that there is renewed excitement about SNES emulation on the PSP. That's good for everyone.

tazx2x
May 14th, 2007, 04:41
wow intresting cant wait to upgrade my psp now

Musoka_Eimin
May 14th, 2007, 05:01
Guys I dont think Ruka wants this file redistributed outside of his site, I think he wants it to be distributed from there only :(

samthegreat68
May 14th, 2007, 05:43
i thought tyl was already nearly perfect. does starfox run better?

Vaang
May 14th, 2007, 06:55
Hi i'm on firmware 3.10 OE-A'. I tried what a previous user reccomended (pasting it over the old SNES9xTYL ME 0.0.42 eboot). It keeps crashing though!! Here is exactly what i did: I downloaded the 1.00 version of SNES9xTYL, copied the ruka's 0032 EBOOT, pased it over the old eboot. But every time i try opening it.. it crashes :\ please help!! I've also tried to run it by pasting it over the 1.50 Eboot... It keeps crashing :\

x3sphere
May 14th, 2007, 07:35
Wow, look at all this lack of information, lack of sourcecode, and everyone giving completely contradictory information about how this runs. All of this released right after yoyofr announces he'll continue to work on SNES9x TYL (where was this during the year or so when everyone knew he quit working on it?)

Is it really any wonder why I think haphazard forks are less productive than people working together?

Ruka has fully documented his page with source diffs and complete changelogs (which are all in Japanese, though). About all I could make out was that some optimizations have been done to sound processing and to the media engine.

Overall it is an impressive beta.. I've noticed a huge boost in speed on games which use Mode 7 effects (+10-15 FPS). Games like Castlevania IV are also getting a small boost (+5 FPS).

with yoyofr back hopefully Ruka has contacted him so they can work on this together..

cypressice
May 14th, 2007, 07:35
Sorry i don't wanna come across like a noob but i went to his site and i can't seem to understand what the hell im supposed to download?

Any Help?

Chameleon
May 14th, 2007, 07:42
got where it says Snes9xTYL laboratory it (http://64.233.179.104/translate_c?hl=en&u=http://rukapsp.hp.infoseek.co.jp/PSPSoftware/labSNESTYL/lab.htm&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dhttp://rukapsp.hp.infoseek.co.jp/%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DG)
and click the link at the bottom of the page ( it should say "32eboot" or something like that on the downloaded file )

3elevenX
May 14th, 2007, 09:35
Either most of you didn't setup the last official tyl correctly or your all smoking something :P

This unofficial beta plays nothing faster then 4.2me did for me.

II murasaki II
May 14th, 2007, 12:42
How do you remove the numbers in the corner?

Sharpy
May 14th, 2007, 12:47
cool release Star Fox seems to be running better, thanks

danknugz
May 14th, 2007, 13:44
did yoyofr approve this??!!? i thought he was coming out with a new release this week!

ACID
May 14th, 2007, 14:04
Icant see the download in his page. :(

BelmontSlayer
May 14th, 2007, 15:47
did yoyofr approve this??!!? i thought he was coming out with a new release this week!
yoyofr released his source code to be edited freely. He doesn't have to "approve" rewrites.

Icant see the download in his page. :(
Here's the direct link from his page:
http://rukapsp.hp.infoseek.co.jp/PSPSoftware/labSNESTYL/0032EBOOT.zip

jurkevicz
May 14th, 2007, 17:37
thanks for that .DAT info!! It helped a lot!

prinnyhero
May 14th, 2007, 17:47
Can't seem to figure out which one to download. I see 2 that say demo on the page that someone else on the thread said to go to but which one do i download exactly? Really wanna try this so any help would be cool, thanks

Edit: Yikes, i totally didnt see the post above me lol, sorry, and thanks for the direct link!

Veskgar
May 14th, 2007, 18:46
Well I had a chance to play around with this a little bit. I'm not sure if it was the updated .DAT file I used or this new version of the emulator but some games certainly did seem to show some positive results.

I only really like to play SNES games with 0 frameskip. Games that used to run a little slow on 0 frameskip like Super Star Wars, Uniracers, Super Mario All Stars (Super Mario 2), Contra III, etc. now seem to run just fine with no frameskip at all. Mario Kart runs great but still needs a frameskip of 1.

I will play around some more. It seems some games might be a little slower like Battletoads: In Battlemaniacs.

aznTerz
May 15th, 2007, 00:57
is there any difference to the
other snes9xTYL or is this just
a compatability update??

`The0n3
May 15th, 2007, 01:10
I dont know what emulator you all have been using but the last me version was nearly fullspeed on everything you all are making the official sound like crap when in reality it already done all these "miracles"

hack.fool
May 15th, 2007, 06:50
the last one i use is Snes9xTYL-0.4.2me version

the matter isn't "wich one is crap" man..

if you don't see any change from previous Snes
try to change some stuff in the menu before start to pull down this awesome work!

Ranmax09
May 15th, 2007, 08:38
In this version I can't play Donkey Kong Country 3 anymore, I get a blue crash error. :(

hack.fool
May 15th, 2007, 12:04
In this version I can't play Donkey Kong Country 3 anymore, I get a blue crash error. :(

try deleting snesadvance.dat or replace it with the one from Snes9x 0.4.2
that new snesadvance.dat isn't 100% supported
it did the same to me ( with other game too :( )

Veskgar
May 15th, 2007, 18:06

As said previously, it could be the new snesadvance.DAT file but Super Mario RPG wouldn't load for me.

SpacemanSpiff
May 15th, 2007, 20:31
As said previously, it could be the new snesadvance.DAT file but Super Mario RPG wouldn't load for me.
If you turn off speed hacks in the hack/debug menu then Mario RPG works. So yeah, it must be the new data file thats causing it to crash.

Lodis
May 16th, 2007, 00:23
If you turn off speed hacks in the hack/debug menu then Mario RPG works. So yeah, it must be the new data file thats causing it to crash.

I am playing Mario RPG and Donkey Kong 3 with speed hacks enabled and the updated snesadvance.dat with no problems at all. In fact, Mario RPG is on frame skip 1 and runs at 47fps - 50fps in battle 60fps is the most I have seen it run outside of battle and it is on speed limit fps Auto detect.

SpacemanSpiff
May 16th, 2007, 02:11
Yeah, I figured out that after I start the rom with speed hacks enabled I can load a save state and play from there, but otherwise I just get a black screen.

bibi24
May 16th, 2007, 18:47
How do you get rid of numbers Top left corner?

jurkevicz
May 16th, 2007, 19:11
I don't think there's a way to do that.

Apoklepz
May 16th, 2007, 19:37
Hey all,

This bit of info is probably useless to anybody, but I just gave the gool 'ol 04.2me a spin on my lunch break to play Assault Suits Valken and went to the Emu XMB just out of Boredom to fiddle around with the options....This last official update is now a year old. Check it out!!!

xxhiroshi21xx
May 17th, 2007, 00:10
Anyone have a mirror for that updated snesadvance.dat file? I didnt get it in time before the site went down. D:

Chameleon
May 17th, 2007, 00:26
Hey all,

This bit of info is probably useless to anybody, but I just gave the gool 'ol 04.2me a spin on my lunch break to play Assault Suits Valken and went to the Emu XMB just out of Boredom to fiddle around with the options....This last official update is now a year old. Check it out!!!

he probably didnt update the date he published it... thats all

Apoklepz
May 17th, 2007, 00:42
No dude, I didn't mean THIS last beta build by Rukka...I clearly said, the last official update.

Nevermind...XP

bibi24
May 17th, 2007, 00:49
he probably didnt update the date he published it... thats all

Last official update WAS a year old.

http://yoyofr92.free.fr/psp/snespsp.html

Chameleon
May 17th, 2007, 01:06
no shit bibi24, and apoklepz thanks for telling us all stuff we already knew :)

jk a year old thats pretty sweet

xxhiroshi21xx
May 17th, 2007, 05:01
http://urashima.cydonianknight.com/snesadvance.dat New page, and since I seem to have been ignored, could anyone up this superDAT? The URL is spitting 404 errors.

Nevermind, I found a mirror after some heavy googling..

http://www.snesadvance.org/files/superdat20060124-mog123.zip

phantom18
May 20th, 2007, 19:41
heya guys! i have a psp with plain 3.40 on it....pisses me off i cant find anywhere any kool stuff for it like an emu. does anybody know how to play homebrew on 3.40?

Tinnus
May 20th, 2007, 20:12
It's impossible until someone develops a downgrader to 1.5 or an exploit for running homebrew in 3.40. And don't ask when, it's not like people don't do it because they are lazy...

phantom18
May 20th, 2007, 20:37
its sad to hear that but thank you very much, i`ll just have to wait :)

phantom18
May 20th, 2007, 21:11
does anyone know if i can play flash files on the 3.40 ? thank you

Dylan1CC
May 22nd, 2007, 01:29
I loaded the new eboot. Is there any way to get rid of the number that counts up then stays in the upper left hand corner of the screen?

Just tried a bunch of games with the new speedhack file. As long as you are running all your roms on 333, it definitely makes a very nice improvement in speed.

Mode 7 wise: I gave Super Metroid a spin. The laboratory stage used to chug like crazy but now plays very smoothly. Mode 7 effects for Ridley and the space cinemas are very fast but still have that weird black "strobe" around them. It's the same for Mode 7 effects so far in SMW. Still excellent work though so far and definitely worth the download.

sillypig
May 25th, 2007, 14:39
Can somebody give me a direct link ruka's snes emulator as I can't to make head nor tails of the actual page. Thanksy.

baller129
May 25th, 2007, 21:37
SWEET! i love this emulator works great:thumbup:

DanTheManMS
June 5th, 2007, 02:37
Hey, I'm mostly a DS guy (I know very little about the PSP), but if there's an obscure game that isn't already in mog123's speedhack database from http://www.pocketheaven.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=3366 I could attempt to speedhack the game for you. I won't be able to work with most special chip games, but many others I can do. Just let me know.

EDIT: also note that the link posted here:

http://urashima.cydonianknight.com/snesadvance.dat New page, and since I seem to have been ignored, could anyone up this superDAT? The URL is spitting 404 errors.

Nevermind, I found a mirror after some heavy googling..

http://www.snesadvance.org/files/superdat20060124-mog123.zip

Is pretty old itself. I too saw that the official link was down, so I asked mog to upload it elsewhere. The new link is on Googlepages and is available from the PocketHeaven thread I linked to.

If you think this snesadvance.dat file prevents a game from booting, you can simply open up the dat file in Notepad, turn off word wrap, and remove the game's entry entirely. You could also try removing the patches one by one (each patch is in the last field after the last pipe symbol, each separated by a comma).

mog123
June 5th, 2007, 12:41
Now i see that my hacks are being used by many other people ;) Good thing they're not going to waste, anyhow, Dan here has made a very good post, I'll try to update the superdat when i'll have some more time.

onemic
June 6th, 2007, 02:42
where the hell do you go to DL this emu? I've been to the website and can't find a download link anywhere.

SnoopKatt
June 11th, 2007, 01:07
Yeah it doesn't look like there's a link anymore. Could someone upload it please?

Ranmax09
June 11th, 2007, 01:20
The link is still there: Click here to download (http://rukapsp.hp.infoseek.co.jp/PSPSoftware/labSNESTYL/0032EBOOT.zip)

djbrotherson
June 11th, 2007, 02:16
So whats the difference between the one I have and this one??

SnoopKatt
June 11th, 2007, 02:17
Cool, thanks for pointing us to it :)

Ranmax09
June 11th, 2007, 03:04
So whats the difference between the one I have and this one??

This one is faster. I could play mario kart full speed :)

ultradodger
June 15th, 2007, 06:52
Hey! I was just wondering if there was anyway to get rid of the numbers in the upper left corner of the emulator. Other than that, this thing works great! Thank you so much!

downloaddownload
June 17th, 2007, 22:19
Ruka Star fox runs better now. The action replay still acts funny. It turns codes on once and never holds the value. Example... MegamanX3, infinite shots on screen needs to be on but deactivated the number continues to run down making the code useless. Thanks for the update so far.

StuiWooi
June 20th, 2007, 19:31
Donkey run fullspeed without frameskip on snes9xTYL 042me

It does no such thing, donkey 1 was almost playable, 2 would run fine but in the second level the fog was black instead of transparent, and 3 was playable but choppy

EDIT: I found and applied the newer snesadvance.dat and they all seem to be fine now.

SpacemanSpiff
June 20th, 2007, 21:58
DKC has been running fullspeed with no frameskip for a long time, you just have to turn on one of the hacks in the debug menu.

DanTheManMS
June 21st, 2007, 01:46
I'm attempting to speedhack SMRPG by using the SNES9X debugger for Windows. Currently having my friend test the results. I'll post back if I achieve success (there are a couple of good loops here that look like they can be hacked very well)

DanTheManMS
June 21st, 2007, 04:02
Alright guys, testing time. I found about 8 speedhacks, and my friend's testing helped me determine the 2 of them that were causing battles to freeze.

Open up your snesadvance.dat file and turn off Word Wrap. Find the Super Mario RPG entry if it's there and replace it with the following. If there is no entry, just find where it should go and add it on its own new line (note that the final result MUST be on one line, so if copying and pasting this gives you a line break somewhere, delete it):

1B8A0625|Super Mario RPG - Legend of the|4|0|0|0|0|0|A41=42,30685=42FA,302FF=42,A0D=42F 8,202E9=42DB,29CA5=42DB,9F5=42

Please let me know the results. It should speed things up, but if you notice that it screwed something up or if it caused any portion of the game to freeze, let me know and I'll attempt to fix it ASAP.

EDIT: I fixed one code (same sequence of bytes occurred in two places in the rom and I chose the wrong one, A5E should be A0D), and I added one more (the 9F5 one). My friend didn't report any noticeable speed gain, but oh well.

richardbocelli
July 1st, 2007, 19:34
ok,that's good job!

mcdougall57
July 1st, 2007, 19:40
definitely an improvement but i would like to see more speed in a few games

JOYBEBA6679
July 9th, 2007, 23:10
Ok. where can I find this Ruka version of SNES?? I want to try it out too! Thans in advance!

Usrahdewa
July 14th, 2007, 08:16
Ruka's Site (http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&u=http://rukapsp.hp.infoseek.co.jp/&sa=X&oi=translate&resnum=1&ct=result&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dhttp://rukapsp.hp.infoseek.co.jp/%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DG)

This is Ruka's modification to Yoyofr's Snes emulator for the psp

Bugfixes are not apparent and/or stated as the source is in japanese. But I have tried Super Mario World and have noticed a great improvement upon speed from the prior release!!!

Enjoy, and remember to give feedback on any differences you notice besides GUI

Download at the official site above

Hi,

i am new to this forum. I have a PSP 3.40 oea. i need an emulator to run smc file.

Please do help.... thank you

ronnellayco
July 15th, 2007, 11:09
i downt understand.. how to play it?? where do i put the downloaded file?? or wer do i put the rom file?? im really confused/?

Powerpipe
July 22nd, 2007, 22:12
Alright guys, testing time. I found about 8 speedhacks, and my friend's testing helped me determine the 2 of them that were causing battles to freeze.

Open up your snesadvance.dat file and turn off Word Wrap. Find the Super Mario RPG entry if it's there and replace it with the following. If there is no entry, just find where it should go and add it on its own new line (note that the final result MUST be on one line, so if copying and pasting this gives you a line break somewhere, delete it):

1B8A0625|Super Mario RPG - Legend of the|4|0|0|0|0|0|A41=42,30685=42FA,302FF=42,A0D=42F 8,202E9=42DB,29CA5=42DB,9F5=42

Please let me know the results. It should speed things up, but if you notice that it screwed something up or if it caused any portion of the game to freeze, let me know and I'll attempt to fix it ASAP.

EDIT: I fixed one code (same sequence of bytes occurred in two places in the rom and I chose the wrong one, A5E should be A0D), and I added one more (the 9F5 one). My friend didn't report any noticeable speed gain, but oh well.
There's a problem with the code. Without it I could level up just fine, but now whenever I level up, it gets stuck on the Level Up screen, but it doesn't give you any choices to level up. You're just stuck on the screen without any choices. Damn, I really wanted to play this game.

DanTheManMS
July 23rd, 2007, 02:13
Yeah, turns out that one of the hacks caused that. A user helpfully pointed out which one that was. Try the following code, which may not speed anything up but at least shouldn't create any more crashes:

1B8A0625|Super Mario RPG - Legend of the|4|0|0|0|0|0|A41=42,302FF=42,202E9=42DB,9F5=42

Haisook
August 1st, 2007, 22:33
Great...

State/sound issue is gone! But what is that number that keeps counting up in the upper left corner of the screen? How the hell do I get it out?!!!

Thanks to RUKA anyway for this release!! I was about to quit SNESing altogther because of that nasty sound bug!

JC118201
August 12th, 2007, 07:37
Hello, I just recently Stumbled onto this site. I looked at Ruka's Site for the snes emulator and couldn't find it. Which link do I have to click on when I'm at his site to find it?

giggity giggity goo
August 14th, 2007, 08:59
yeah i had the exact same problem, looks like ruka has removed the link...

that and the fact that dcemu has horrible organization means it will be a LONG time until we find a working link

it took me like 2 hours to find the original m33 cutsom firmware release... and it wasnt on here dcemu just has the updates... WHY? i don't know but someone needs to reorganize this site, the owner and mods have gotten lazy

its the best homebrew site, don't get me wrong but bleh... i shouldnt have to lurk around the forums to find a link to something as important as a base emulator or firmware

giggity giggity goo
August 14th, 2007, 09:14
Put it in with the official release and overwrite. Get the official release here:
http://yoyofr92.free.fr/psp/files/snes9xTYL-0.4.2me.rar

THANK GOD

dcemu has become a jumbled mess of broken links and confusing organization

i have been looking for that for a freaking hour and a half... youd think the OP would LINK the files you HAVE to have in order to use this but... nah that makes too much sense:mad:

Broadus
August 15th, 2007, 08:33
Is there any "official"-type snesadvance.dat download that updates the original one since Ruka's release and especially the official release are pretty old?

DanTheManMS
August 15th, 2007, 22:47
The "official" SNES Advance dat file can be found at http://boards.pocketheaven.com/viewtopic.php?t=3366

Just keep in mind it was originally written for SNES Advance, so there are some randomly hacked games int here that may break the game. If you notice a game breaking, try removing its entry in the dat file (just open it with Notepad and turn off Word Wrap).

Spotfist
August 20th, 2007, 13:01
I can't find the link too! does any1 know where I can find a copy?

DanTheManMS
August 21st, 2007, 04:24
I can't find the link too! does any1 know where I can find a copy?

Just look 3 posts above yours...

VagrantWalker
September 1st, 2007, 20:57
Will this emulator not run on CFW kernel 1.5?

IDidMyTime
September 25th, 2007, 02:11
Did anyone find a way to get rid of the numbers in the top left hand side?

jurkevicz
September 25th, 2007, 02:28
Not yet.

groverkermit
October 2nd, 2007, 13:21
i love this emulator - but i've had a weird problem with all versions of TYL on all firmwares i've tried (1.5, DA's OE series and now M33) -- anyone else noticed this?:
the analog stick calibration seems to get shifty/jerky when i have this emulator installed, the problem is not limited to games running in TYL but extends to UMD's and other emulators. at first i figured it was a physical problem so i cracked my PSP open and cleaned/tightened the analog assembly (didn't solve the problem). the only thing that seems to alleviate this problem is to uninstall the emulator and format my mem-stick.......very odd.
Anyone else notice this, or is it just me??

ddblue
November 7th, 2007, 21:38
I haven't messed with SNES emulation in a long awhile - but I have Snes9xTYL 0.4.2 me installed and it works pretty well. Is this an upgrade to that? Also, is sleep mode supported yet?

arapozo
December 10th, 2007, 04:10
Hello i have a problem with mario all stars, when i select mario 3 it just gives me a black screen, i can enter the snes9xTYL menu but i cannot play the game.
Any ideas?

kharaboudjan
December 10th, 2007, 19:02
its so sad no one is working on the snes for the psp. especially now when we have seen how fantastic picodrive is running. well we will probably never be able to play the snes games perfectly on the psp.. we can dream though! ;)

odino
December 10th, 2007, 21:57
Hello i have a problem with mario all stars, when i select mario 3 it just gives me a black screen, i can enter the snes9xTYL menu but i cannot play the game.
Any ideas?

This game work fine on my official snes9xtyl 042 me.

saulin
December 11th, 2007, 07:00
Yeah whatever happened with this emu? Is it officially dead? Has anyone asked the author? If the PSP can run Genesis games full speed it should also be able to run most Snes games full speed without frame skip. Isn't the Genesis hardware a little more complicated than the Snes hardware? I thought it requiered more juice to emulate.

Tinnus
December 11th, 2007, 13:05
No, the SNES is actually more complicated. Also, all games without extra chips or Mode 7 effects should run fullspeed on the ME versions.

kharaboudjan
December 11th, 2007, 16:24
hmm.. genesis has a faster cpu. but there are perhaps other things that makes the snes more powerful

Tets
December 12th, 2007, 11:30
From what I understand, it's not so much a case of which system is more complex. Slow SNES emulation on PSP is more due to the fact that the emulator being used is a PC-to-PSP port. In contrast, Picodrive PSP is ported from another handheld platform (I think gp2x, but don't quote me on it) and as such is more suited to the PSP than if it were a port of Gens or something like that.

But for the record, I would say that Genesis/Megadrive emulation is more complex than SNES, if only because it amounts to basically emulating two systems at the same time.

ellswortha101
December 12th, 2007, 11:36
very nice. I am lovin it!

IrritatedG
December 13th, 2007, 02:47
am i blind or what? I can't find the link to download, can anyone post a better link than that google translated site plz

desi1984
February 13th, 2008, 03:33
wow thanks

robotdevil
March 6th, 2008, 03:49
Agreed. If anyone can find a link that would be awesome. All I can find from the horrible google translation is NesterJ and Lifegame. Have no idea what that is.

Haisook
March 6th, 2008, 12:41
Here's the version I use. It's perfectly stable. The only lil issue is a few numbers that count and then stops at the top left corner of the screen. But that's the case with every Ruka version.

I can't get to the download page anymore, so I don't know if there are newer releases.

This is a direct download link:

http://rukapsp.hp.infoseek.co.jp/PSPSoftware/labSNESTYL/0032EBOOT.zip

juiceface
March 25th, 2008, 04:30
found a small bug in this emu

it is when you have your files in .zip format, some will work, and others will give you a "bad checksum" message as it trys to load the rom. this happened to me on super mario world and mario kart.

however when i upzipped these games they worked perfectly fine.

other than this , the emu is great!

bacalacadaca
March 25th, 2008, 05:31
i dont see any downloads for Snes can anyone attach the file here?

No_one_in_particular
March 25th, 2008, 06:13
Second post above your request...

Triv1um
March 25th, 2008, 11:40
Is this meant to crash after having a sertain amount of roms in there?

I have about 1gb in there, and it crashes after pressing X at the agreement thing.

Broadus
March 25th, 2008, 22:11
Perhaps... Wow, that's a lot of SNES games! I've never tried.

downloaddownload
July 3rd, 2009, 00:46
Does anyone know Rukas email address? I want to see if he will finish this emulator if I pay him for it.