PDA

View Full Version : NTSC Power Supply In PAL PS2

grimr33f3r
May 26th, 2005, 18:00
Ok first off, hi to everyone.
I just moved over to Canada from the UK, now I spend more time with my xbox open, modding it than I do actually playing on my PS2. Now the voltage in the UK is 230v, in Canada its a measly 100v. Now I have a 30003 PS2, can I get an NTSC power supply to put into my UK PS2 so I can use it over here? Im not bothered about playing backups or the homebrew software, I just want to have the use of it. I know I can do this with my xbox and have already ordered my power supply. Any help is greatly appreciated.

PS If anyone is having trouble or needs any help with an xbox I can be contacted on [email protected] and Im happy to lend a hand.

ptr.exe
May 28th, 2005, 17:56
Hello :)

As long as the power supply is the same version then it shouldnt matter, SCPH-30003 is V1, so if you get a PAL V1 power supply then it'll work fine. Although check before ordering that its a V1 as im doing this from memory.

Also welcome to the UK :D

grimr33f3r
May 31st, 2005, 00:35
Thanks, only thing is I moved out of the UK :) Ill have a look into identifying the version, and then order a power supply. Im still waiting for my xbox PSU, the post over here is really slow. :( Thanks again tho.