PDA

View Full Version : Reading text on Ipod. Need help.

bullhead
May 14th, 2007, 18:03
I downloaded an etext. Rather than print it out, i decided to put it on my ipod by enabling the device for disk use and dragging the text file into the notes folder.
However, when I go to view the file, only part of the text shows up, not all of it. This upsets me; is there some sort of limit on the amount of text you can view, or am I doing something wrong?

Someone give me their help if its not too much trouble.

bull, x.

SnesR0X
May 14th, 2007, 18:05
What type of Ipod do you have?

bullhead
May 14th, 2007, 18:56
The recent 30 gb.
This one: http://www.apple.com/ipod/ipod.html

SnesR0X
May 14th, 2007, 22:56
hmmm, I'm not familiar with them, I have a black-and-white 15 GB one

is the format in .txt?

S34MU5
May 14th, 2007, 23:48
i think it has to be in .txt and i think the is a limit off size per document

Man
May 15th, 2007, 01:25
its like 12 kb or somthing really stupid, i put the anarchist cookbook on mine, but divided it up into single text files, its really not all that practical, and i had the recent 30GB one too.

bullhead
May 15th, 2007, 18:07
Figured as much....Thanks anyways guys, you've all been great!

Kisses, x.

quzar
May 16th, 2007, 08:08
If you want to be able to read other text file types and no limits, try using rockbox.

bullhead
May 17th, 2007, 18:47
Rockbox? Does it work on MACs?

quzar
May 17th, 2007, 23:47
What rockbox does is turns an iPod into a normal mp3 player (and so much more!) instead of using iTunes, you just drag+drop files and on the device you play them the same way (although you can also create a database so as to mimic the artist/album/genre style of a standard iPod.

It also has a bunch of plugins for things like image viewing, text viewing, games, and emulators.

http://rockbox.org/

bullhead
May 18th, 2007, 16:57
"It does not work with the HFS+ filesystem (i.e. Ipods initialized by iTunes for the Mac)"

I guess im stuck, you see, I cant get a windows emulator for my mac because my dad has security passwords on it. Ah well, I guess ill just buy the books, or print them out...