PDA

View Full Version : Web Browser With Image Support?

JamesDSP
May 14th, 2007, 23:14
This question may have been asked before but, I'm not sure...

Is there any home brew web browser that supports graphics or images? Like DS Hobro but, scrolling works? Or, is there some plugin or something for DSOrganize web browser image support? Thanks in advance!

DanTheManMS
May 14th, 2007, 23:21
There is one, the graphical version of Links in DSLinux, but it only works if you have some sort of RAM in slot-2. What devices do you have?

To be honest it doesn't really work too well at the moment, but I guess it's alright for viewing a few webcomics and such.

There's also the Opera browser, which comes out in the US in June.

JamesDSP
May 14th, 2007, 23:29
All I have is the MAX MEDIA Dock. I don't think that counts as some sort of slot 2 RAM device. I know about the Opera Browser but... I want to see if there is an early alternative. How do I get the DSLinux browser anyway?

DanTheManMS
May 15th, 2007, 01:47
Yeah, the MMD has no usable RAM, and I don't think DSLinux even works too well on it anyway. I think a few users reported success booting it on an older firmware with a specific type of CF card, but it's unlikely that you'd have the right combo.

Your only options then are the text-only browsers, including Bunjalloo and the DSOrganize browser.