PDA

View Full Version : New Videogame Auction site

Kron
May 27th, 2005, 10:29
I've been working on this over the past few months with someone I know to develop a self contained auction site that caters specifically for everything Videogames related and hopefully offer a service and level of knowledge that ebay can't compete with (ie no pirate or spam auctions).

Technically the site is still in beta but fully operational and we hope to have everything finalised at the end of next week.

If anyone would like to register please do, We plan to advertise the site this coming month on quite a few high profile websites and also in the national press and gaming media for the UK.

The site is open to users from anywhere in the world and when the site goes final the fee's and prices will be considerably cheaper than the usual auction sites. While the site is in the final stages of the beta period listing an item for sale is totally free and all charges applied will be voided so If anyone wants to list something it will cost you nothing (the only fee that is applicable is if you want the item featured on the homepage, every other option has no charge applied).

There are many things we plan to introduce such as competitions etc.

http://www.videogameauctions.com

Darksaviour69
May 27th, 2005, 13:35
looks good, might make a bid or too

edit: i joined but i did not get a conformation email :/

Kron
May 27th, 2005, 14:55
Your account is showing as active DS69, The confirmation emails aren't immediate due to the server scheduling but yours turned up now?

Darksaviour69
May 27th, 2005, 15:02
yeah i made a bid, thanks. i thinking of selling one of my house of the dead 2s (in origanl wrapper). is it completely free at the mo? ( reserve etc) and how long till you start chargeing?

i have never sold on line so this could be a easy first time ;)

Kron
May 27th, 2005, 16:29
All listing costs will be free until sometime in June, There will only be a charge attached if you choose to show the auction as a main page featured item (one of the revolving top 9 that you see instantly when the site is loaded).

If you have any other questions let me know :)

Darksaviour69
May 27th, 2005, 16:33
thanks for the info, great wee site, and great idea ( i like the idea of swap) might get my feet wet, and put up an auction next week.

if you start an auction can you add to it later, like add a picture?

Kron
May 27th, 2005, 20:34
Yes you can.

However there are certain features we've added to stop people changing descriptions in certain time frames when bids have been placed.

Christuserloeser
May 28th, 2005, 01:48
Very nice. So that's why you've not been around much these past weeks :)

WHurricane16
June 1st, 2005, 06:52
Nice, this site has come around at the right time for me :D

Darksaviour69
June 2nd, 2005, 11:48
ok i'm selling these on your site

http://www.videogameauctions.co.uk/otheritems.php?owner=100081&nick=Darksaviour69

its house of the dead, in original wrapping and a halo 2 radio

Kron
June 2nd, 2005, 20:44
Thanks Ds!

How are you finding the site so far?

Darksaviour69
June 3rd, 2005, 11:57
well im slightly confused, it says i ow you money, but you said that only the homepage bit you pay for.... its says i ow you £4.80 do i ignore that?

i have never sold anything before online so i don't know what to expect ;)

btw i used the highlight feature (hell its free why not) but looking at it i think it should be a lighter colour, dark green and black text do not go well together

what sort of traffic are you getting so far?

edit: how does the swap thing work, sounds interesting

Kron
June 8th, 2005, 17:00
Sorry for the late reply (Been a bit busy)

Yeah ignore the money that has collated so far, When the site goes final all accounts will be wiped to 0.00

I was thinking about the highlight colour, Its just the black text that makes the green look dark as when an item is selected the font is set to white. Im still deciding though.

The traffic is around 7-8 thousand page views per day for this month.

If someone has an item auctioned that you want and you have a list of items for sale you can offer the item to the seller and swap them, Other arrangements can be made i.e part exchange (item + cash).