PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo Power Shutting Down?

wraggster
May 15th, 2007, 01:11
via kotaku (http://kotaku.com/gaming/simon.s-quest-for-new-work/nintendo-power-shutting-down-260412.php)

IGN is currently running with a rumor that the long-running, internally published magazine Nintendo Power may be ceasing operations within the year. The site's sources tell them that "mass layoffs are underway and that employees are being told to look for new work by September."

IGN's Matt Cassamassina speculates that the magazine may be shutting down due to the company's recently discussed relocation of certain operations outside of Seattle and competition from other publications.

The officially sanctioned Nintendo magazine saw its first issue go out to the NES faithful in the summer of 1988. I was one of the original subscribers and pored over that issue with the obsessively nerdy intensity only a preteen Nintendo fanboy can.

toymin80r
May 15th, 2007, 01:20
Hey mayne, whachu doing? (I'm trying to be the cole train from gears of war)

DanTheManMS
May 15th, 2007, 01:43
I actually have that original issue here with me, after having bought it from a garage sale long ago along with a Super Mario Bros. 3 "Strategy Guide" (I guess they weren't called Player's Guides until later). I haven't been subscribing as of late, but it would be a shame to see the magazine go under.

Zin0099
May 15th, 2007, 01:57
yeah i would hate to see it go just like the offical ps magazine i loved getting the demo disc

iceman100
May 15th, 2007, 04:33
If nintendo makes so much money as they claim why would they have to fire anyone?

Seyiji
May 15th, 2007, 06:47
Aww hell no I just renewed last week!

x999x
May 16th, 2007, 00:53
Nintendo FunClub issue 1 ftw