PDA

View Full Version : Square-Enix USA Opens Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest Floodgates

wraggster
May 15th, 2007, 01:18
vi Kotaku (http://kotaku.com/gaming/square_enix/square+enix-usa-opens-final-fantasy-dragon-quest-floodgates-260351.php)

North American gamers will have plenty of Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest spin-offs to grind through over the next year as Square-Enix has finally announced four vague release dates for four of its upcoming games.

Dragon Quest Monsters Joker for the Nintendo DS will hit over here in the fourth quarter of 2007 with Dragon Quest Swords for the Wii, announced what-seems-like-forever-ago, still without a release date. DQ: Swords is being developed with "casual audiences in mind" so expect a very laid back release schedule.

The PSP-bound Final Fantasy Tactics remake, redubbed The War of the Lions, has an October release window with the Nintendo DS cutesy spin-off Final Fantasy XII Revenant Wings coming sometime in the winter. That could mean early 2008, so start tailoring your Christmas/Hannukah/Kwanzaa wishlists with that in mind.

I've got the latter two on my purchase radar, but we'll see how crowded this holiday season gets. You buyin'?

cloud_952
May 15th, 2007, 03:22
Unless people know what they're getting into, I really advise against buying Revenent Wings. I played through the game in Japanese (I can follow the plot in Japanese.. gotta make these years of studying the language useful, right?), and the plot rather sucks. The gameplay itself is slow and repetitive, mixed with the fact that the enemy has NO get-up-and-go (they never pursue you or try to kill you, just wait for you to pick them off) and the game is really not too challenging at all. I spent over 18 hours playing it, but that's mostly because I went on power-leveling and trying to unlock new stuff. It just really isn't all that interesting of a game.

Plus, if you didn't like Vann in FFXII (I didn't), you'll REALLY dislike him in this game. He's such a prick. -_-;

If anyone has any questions about the game, PM me.

Basil Zero
May 15th, 2007, 07:14
Well, I say its up to the gamer to judge whether a game is good or bad.

Anyways..

I'll be getting all said titles, especially the FFTactics War of the Lions and FFXII RW.

Abgoj
May 15th, 2007, 10:31
Looking forward to all of these games.