PDA

View Full Version : Reuters: Halo 3 gets mixed reviews

wraggster
May 15th, 2007, 01:23
via joystiq (http://www.joystiq.com/2007/05/14/reuters-halo-3-gets-mixed-reviews/)

Yes, it's coming from non-gaming news source Reuters. No, you shouldn't expect to base "reviews" off previews. However, it is an international wire service that'll influence the Halo 3 message in the "average" consumer's mind, so here we are.

Reuters reports that players had mixed reviews about the beta at the NYC and San Francisco Halo events from last weekend. Poor Nicholas Puleo of EvilAvatar is thrown by Reuters into the cross hairs of Halo fanboys everywhere by saying, "The graphics can use some work ... They're not much different than the previous Halo ... They've got five, six months until release, so they'll add some polish ... When I compare it to other things in the platform, it's not standout." Wait fanboys, don't hunt him down just yet.

Despite that one quote and the headline, the Reuters piece is actually just a bunch of quotes from Microsoft marketing folks. Of course, the great "duh" quote goes to Craig Davison, Microsoft's director of marketing, "There's a significant number of people just waiting for that one game and this is the game." It'll certainly be an interesting month for NPD data the month after Halo 3 launches to see if there is a spike in Xbox 360 sales -- and how significant it'll be.

Shadowblind
May 15th, 2007, 02:02
I read somewhere on IGN (Beta testers reviews) that for most of them, the gameplay stood out incredibly--but not so much the graphics. For me, I really don't expect Halo 3 to be better then Gears of War. That actually allows Halo 3 to be realllly good, though...

Elven6
May 15th, 2007, 02:35
I read somewhere on IGN (Beta testers reviews) that for most of them, the gameplay stood out incredibly--but not so much the graphics. For me, I really don't expect Halo 3 to be better then Gears of War. That actually allows Halo 3 to be realllly good, though...

The devs said it themselves, they do not want to make it the great graphically game of 2007, although they will be adding shaders and stuff to make it look nice and next gen. They said they would focus more on the game itself.

BrooksyX
May 15th, 2007, 05:50
Who cares if the graphics aren't the best ever. I would rather that Halo 3 be remembered for its gameplay and not the way it looked. I can tell from the screen shots that the game is nice on the eyes, even though it may not look as good as Gears I bet it will have a lot more people playing and sell millions of copies and sell millions of Xbox 360 consoles.

10shu
May 15th, 2007, 21:46
well, I don t think halo 3 will look as impressive as halo1 when it was released...there to much expectation not to disapoint, but it can still be a really fun game to play.

BrooksyX
May 15th, 2007, 22:29
All I know is that I am excited for tomorrow. I just rented the crackdown and it has the beta download on it!