PDA

View Full Version : New IR-Shell Coming Soon!?

DarthPaul
May 15th, 2007, 04:31
After a video posted on youtube days ago by a guy named psp1477,about a new IR-Shell in the making,here's what the real authors have to say:

Here's sort of an "official" statement for all those who want to know the truth. I hope you can handle it ...

"During last week there was much talk about a leaked video of a 3.40 OE-A compatible iR Shell release on various sites. Many people came to the conclusion that the video was fake.

The truth is: The iR Shell release "3.41se for 3.40OE-A", which is being shown in that video,actually does exist. It is a highly restricted release available only to very few people in the world, not even most original beta testers. This version is not meant for distribution or demonstration of any kind so AhMan is certainly not very happy to see a video of it on YouTube, either.

So, while psp1477 (whoever you are) certainly didn't do much good for the future of iR Shell - at least he didn't fake anything. All shown features are real and work as shown.
The simple fact that this version exists does not mean that there will ever be another public release again, however - don't get your hopes up just yet ! This leaked video (and all the trash talking about AhMan and even me, too) certainly didn't help in that respect at all."

So yeah,a new IR-Shell is coming[probably],with support for the new Custom Firmwares.

Video Here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bfk3phJ84VU

papayo
May 15th, 2007, 06:33
It sounds more like they're mad then that they're going to release something... And they never said that it was coming soon, if ever.

titch.ryan
May 15th, 2007, 08:20
never really got into irshell but this new one could be good.

jason215
May 15th, 2007, 08:21
i dont get it why make it private ?

if u talking about stuff u made an can get patched
like hacks okay i now u will keep it private

but a shell ? could someone clear this one up ?

Tetris999
May 15th, 2007, 08:33
i just hope they have the hearts to forgive us and release it

i mean, i never trashed talked about ir shell but i guess i cant stop other people from doing so

sometimes i wonder, why me :(

Mr. Shizzy
May 15th, 2007, 09:15
Why post a headline like that ?!?

"New IR Shell Coming"

When Ahmen was just quoted saying he may never release it !!! (which is his choice :p)

Now this is gonna get more n00bs "expecting" a new IR Shell. Which will cause more flaming, which means Ahmen is just going to become more agitated and decide NOT to share it with the public...

ish420ism
May 15th, 2007, 09:57
Why post a headline like that ?!?

"New IR Shell Coming"

When Ahmen was just quoted saying he may never release it !!! (which is his choice :p)

Now this is gonna get more n00bs "expecting" a new IR Shell. Which will cause more flaming, which means Ahmen is just going to become more agitated and decide NOT to share it with the public...

Just like the Xandu flaming. I hope it doesn't turn into that. This thread can't possibly create something productive. SGGST DELETION

Mr. Shizzy
May 15th, 2007, 10:33
This was really irresponsible new posting...

Buddy4point0
May 15th, 2007, 10:37
i cant wait, being grounded i use ir shell every day to manage my hombrew

DarthPaul
May 15th, 2007, 10:39
Tehe,my bad. I meant to put "!?" instead of "!!". But now it's edited.

james2150
May 15th, 2007, 12:17
"The simple fact that this version exists does not mean that there will ever be another public release again, however - don't get your hopes up just yet !"

Why would we get our hopes up when in the sentence before you said you weren't releasing it to the public, or anything to the public ever (maybe)!

zoson
May 15th, 2007, 14:30
I really hope the leak doesn't deter AhMan from releasing this! I really used to love IRShell, and it looks like it's better than ever!!!

neutrOpik
May 15th, 2007, 14:35
lol this version is not public.. dont dream for the moment!

PSPCulture
May 15th, 2007, 16:30
Nothing like a little spoon-stirring and mystery to get everyones attention. I would guess that a new irShell is being developed, its not finished, and that it will be released when (if ever) it gets completed.

robocelot
May 15th, 2007, 17:22
I miss the days where people just wrote software and didn't get their emo egos in a knot or their feathers ruffled.

I'm trying to be constructive here, but do they honestly think they are going to get a postive response from the community by dangling a carrot like that? It's like we have all have to collectively apologise and kiss their ass nicely or we don't get our candy.

I understand why they are ticked off as I wouldn't want anyone whom I trusted as a beta tester leaking things. The teams anger is better directed at the leaker, not the kiddies who trash talked. Find out who that person is or better yet, insert a watermark into each individual beta test version so you know who leaked what.

Cloudhunter
May 15th, 2007, 17:26
The teams anger isn't directed at the people trash talking; it is directed at the leak.

Cloudy

psp411
May 15th, 2007, 17:35
im anticipating this release (if it ever gets released)
seems like it will be the best ir shell yet :D :cool:

Mr. Shizzy
May 15th, 2007, 18:46
Here is on official statement made by Ahmen:

Initially, we plan on not making any comments at all. After several days, we still keep getting numerous PMs & emails asking us to clarify the validity of the video. Therefore, we decided to make a statement. However, if we say the video is fake, we will make an ass out of ourselves if the leaker decides to leak the protected iR Shell executable, or if I ever decide to make another public release (not saying I will, I just don't know what I will do in the future). At the end, StoneCut & myself agree to just let the public know about the truth.

source: maxconsole (http://forums.maxconsole.net/showthread.php?t=61017&page=5)

jak66
May 15th, 2007, 19:07
I miss the days where people just wrote software and didn't get their emo egos in a knot or their feathers ruffled.

I'm trying to be constructive here, but do they honestly think they are going to get a postive response from the community by dangling a carrot like that? It's like we have all have to collectively apologise and kiss their ass nicely or we don't get our candy.

I understand why they are ticked off as I wouldn't want anyone whom I trusted as a beta tester leaking things. The teams anger is better directed at the leaker, not the kiddies who trash talked. Find out who that person is or better yet, insert a watermark into each individual beta test version so you know who leaked what.

the reason for MAC protected beta releases that Ahman did was to get 99.9% of bugs out of iR Shell before releasing it. also as ahman/stonecut said, they did not intend to release this news to the public (ignorance is bliss, i beleive someone said), it is due to psp1477 that people want it now

IMHO, Ahman did more than enough during the time he was in the scene, but he announced he was leaving after the last release, therefore people should not expect anything more, even if Ahman is still coding for himself and a few others.

jason215
May 15th, 2007, 20:18

Thats One Hell Of a GOod idea :P simple and easy

Veskgar
May 15th, 2007, 20:50
What a tease. This shows what amazing work this team has done with iR Shell.

I mean, WiFi streaming of PSX games on 3.40 OE-A? How cool is that?

This work should have been respected more and the leak should not have occurred. I just wish the entire scene did not have to pay for that mistake by 1 individual.

I don't know the whole story so I can't say much except that this latest version seems really nice.

zoson
May 15th, 2007, 20:59
Thats One Hell Of a GOod idea :P simple and easy

Watermarking something isn't exactly easy, especially if you want to see it in a video. Not to mention any beta tester worth anything would be able to take out a watermark.

It's much more simple to just not give your software to anyone. This is the point that a lot of people are missing. AhMan didn't even have to give IRShell to the beta testers. He's not obligated to give it out to anyone. He was in no way required to release even the first IRShell. If he hadn't... We would all be clueless as to the greatness that is IRShell.

Thank the man for what he has done for you, and ask him nicely if he'd be willing to share his hard work again. That's how my parents taught me how to behave.

So on that note. Ahman, thank you very much for your past work on IRShell. Please release 3.40SE when it's ready! I'll thank you for that, too! ;)

Mr. Cholo
May 15th, 2007, 22:25
tight if it is ever released we could use it to play Daedalus at 333mhz if its not clocked at that speed already

watupgroupie
May 15th, 2007, 22:30
tight if it is ever released we could use it to play Daedalus at 333mhz if its not clocked at that speed already
HAHA thats why you just go to recovery and set the mhz to 333 for game and xmb for best results.

kcajblue
May 16th, 2007, 00:36
i really hope that this gets released.
but thats not really my choice.
its all up to ahman.

pibs
May 16th, 2007, 00:49
i like the streaming popstation that wus a trip.......

dj2005
May 16th, 2007, 01:13

It is.

aznTerz
May 16th, 2007, 05:22
i watched the video
and irshell looks exactly
like version 3.....
so its like the same...
can someone tell me the difference??

MicroNut
May 16th, 2007, 06:06
Why do some "confidential" beta testers insist on destroying the trust of talented dev's for the sake of satisfying their tiny ego's?