PDA

View Full Version : Watch TV on your PSP with BeyondTV and Location Free

wraggster
May 15th, 2007, 16:34
Firstly heres a video

http://www.youtube.com/v/8_QusAaIm68

Via Snapstream forum (http://forums.snapstream.com/vb/showthread.php?t=37666)

Watch BTV (live TV or recordings) Real Time on PSP!!!

Imagine if you can watch BTV on PSP real time anywhere in the world.

I think I just found a brilliant way to achieve this. Here's the solution

BTV + LocationFree(LFPK1) + PSP + Streamzap IR receiver + Girder

Sony's LocationFree allows TV or VCR to stream to PSP wirelessly. The problem with streaming BTV is that the LocationFree base did not have any method to control the PC remotely. Specifically, the built-in remote codes for the base do not cover any PC remote controls. Correct me if I'm wrong. (The new versions LFB10 and LFB20 can learn IR codes but I have LFPK1 without learning capability.)

Luckily I use streamzap RC to control my PC and BTV. Of course, LocationFree base is not compatible with streamzap. But I found a clever work around. I found that the streamzap IR receiver blinks whenever I press my universal RC. So it must recognize the signal but does not pass it to the PC. So I did some research.

It turns out the streamzap IR receiver (not the RC) can receive and remap signals from any remote control using Girder 4.0 + streamzap driver 2.9.7 + streamzap plugin. Theoretically, I can use my TIVO RC to control BTV using the IR receiver. I just need to remap TIVO's signals to BTV keys using Girder.

After configuring Girder to accept TIVO RC codes, I can setup the LocationFree base remote control for TIVO. LocationFree may think it's controlling TIVO but in fact, it will be controlling my PC and hence I should be able to watch BTV real time.

Why not get the new locationfree with learning RC? The older version LFPK1 can be bought for $60 on ebay, whereas the newer version LFB10 sells for $200. The older version even has built in cable TV tuner. (Well it's a moot point once BTV works.)

My locationfree unit will arrive next week. I will see whether my theory holds.

Basil Zero
May 15th, 2007, 19:37
Sounds interesting...

But i would rather watch TV...on a TV lol

Buddy4point0
May 15th, 2007, 20:07
they just need to make free satalight tv for psp

IM back!
May 15th, 2007, 21:14
sweet

AvengedSevenfold Fan
May 15th, 2007, 21:21
i have a TVwonder tv card

AvengedSevenfold Fan
May 15th, 2007, 21:22
sorry for the double post, but i just notice that my posts were staying on 762 for a while, it just went to 763:confused:

tvrstl
May 15th, 2007, 21:37
well, do this work on Dark_alex's Firmwares??

because, it seems like it's removed..

Cause nothing happens when trying to start up..

(lol. there we have a lot of bad sentences, coldn't find any words for it:)

gwahaha, sorry 'bout that:P)

Skateblind
May 15th, 2007, 21:38
so delete the post and stop spamming. Interesting video, too expensive for me, Ill wait until Sony release streaming media downloadable via the psp surfing a website, like YouTube.

tvrstl
May 15th, 2007, 21:50
so delete the post and stop spamming.

ehh, was not spam.

anyway. hope this might work for DaX fw.

and, thank Skateblind for this double post, his fault..:P

sorry to blame ya!

Skateblind
May 15th, 2007, 22:20
Dammit, I dont know how I do it, but I cant seem to stop myself from making peeps double post. :)

Buddy4point0
May 15th, 2007, 22:32
sorry for the double post, but i just notice that my posts were staying on 762 for a while, it just went to 763:confused:

posts i the junk forum do not count to your postcount,
that prob confused u

joesnose
May 15th, 2007, 22:55
check out this thread: http://forums.maxconsole.net/showthread.php?t=58987, if you want to put location free back in your OE firmware.

Memento
May 16th, 2007, 05:19
...well...
Tv is bigga