PDA

View Full Version : piKey 0.3 release - 3.40 OE support

wraggster
May 16th, 2007, 06:24
News/release from noobz (http://www.noobz.eu/joomla/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=52&Itemid=88888898)

I managed to find the time to fix up the problems with πKey on v3.30 OE and v3.40 OE custom firmware.

So here's the latest 0.3 release, which includes support for those firmwares. It also includes a few small enhancements to make it easier to deal with problems of compatibility with other games and homebrew.

There are 2 main changes for compatibility:

You can configure πKey to be disabled for v1.50 kernel homebrew (ie. homebrew running from the GAME150 folder, or GAME if you have OE configured to run GAME as v1.50). This may be easier for some users than changing the config in flash.

You can configure a hotkey that will disable πKey when the PSP reboots. So, if there's a homebrew or game that has problems, just hold down the hotkey (configurable as any key or combination, but SELECT by default) while the Sony logo is showing, and πKey will unload itself until next rebooted.
Both of these items are configurable in the /seplugins/pikey/pikeyconfig.txt configuration file.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

DarthPaul
May 16th, 2007, 06:43
Dang,releases keep coming and I'm here without my IR Keyboard...

hatrix
May 16th, 2007, 06:54
yay, 3.40 support, but can I use my Palm One universal keyboard??

Thanks thanks

Baboon
May 16th, 2007, 09:16
Excellent. I was hoping that this would be sorted soon for 3.40oe but feared the worst when Fanjita anounced he was taking a break (well becoming a dad is hardly a break lol).

Thanks for the update, i'll try this later tonight. :(

Gold Line
May 16th, 2007, 09:18
this is great and its good to know that noobz are still coding the psp

Buddy4point0
May 16th, 2007, 20:47
thats great!
cause i have 3.40 oe, its like 3.03 oe but more features .
too bad wallpapers are messed up

EmO.KiD
May 16th, 2007, 23:02
how do u uninstall and why arent there any instructions?

Fanjita
May 17th, 2007, 00:50
how do u uninstall and why arent there any instructions?

You mean like the readme.txt, which tells you to read the user guide in the docs/ folder?

BTW, if you have support questions, your best bet is to ask them at the support forum at forums.noobz.eu - I don't have enough time to visit lots of forums at the moment, but will always check that one.

x-Bowman-x
June 29th, 2007, 21:55
Dus This Support Nds Files

Soz Too Sound Stupid But How Do I GT This To Work I Put Tha Game 150 Folder And Run The Installer Now Wat

How Wuld I Gt Mi Two Pokemon Games Both Nds Files To Work

If Yoo Culd Email Me Help To [email protected]

That Wuld B Help Ful Thanx

Cloudhunter
June 29th, 2007, 22:02
Dus This Support Nds Files

Soz Too Sound Stupid But How Do I GT This To Work I Put Tha Game 150 Folder And Run The Installer Now Wat

How Wuld I Gt Mi Two Pokemon Games Both Nds Files To Work

If Yoo Culd Email Me Help To [email protected]

That Wuld B Help Ful Thanx

You do know what this is right?

It's an infrared keyboard driver... Not a Nintendo DS emulator.

Cloudy